Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howard leaving Orlando? Chance for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    Im on the fence on this one.
    Howard is already 26, if the Raps do get him, they have to abandon the rebuilding process and would need to go to "Win now" mode. I dont think theyll have trouble getting talent around Howard if they get him, but they should aim for title contention within in the next 3 years coz i think Howard's contract and Howard himself might only be worth having for 3 years max.
    Will definitely be good beside Bargnani.
    I highly doubt Howard would sign in Toronto. But if he did, Bargnani suddenly makes sense and Derozan no longer does (unless he can suddenly hit a 3 ofcourse).

A big part of the rebuilding process, I think anyways, is to try and get a player like Howard.

I'm just picturing how screwed Orlando would be though... still with Arenas and Hedo under contract for a number of years. Ah well karma is a bitch I guess.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
      I highly doubt Howard would sign in Toronto. But if he did, Bargnani suddenly makes sense and Derozan no longer does (unless he can suddenly hit a 3 ofcourse).

A big part of the rebuilding process, I think anyways, is to try and get a player like Howard.

I'm just picturing how screwed Orlando would be though... still with Arenas and Hedo under contract for a number of years. Ah well karma is a bitch I guess.
      Im not being condescending and this is a legit question, why not Derozan? Kobe and Gasol i think played pretty good.

But isnt Howard too old to be the main part of a rebuild?

hahaha yeah. they better name more than burgers and convince the guy to stay as much as they can.
      but on the flipside, maybe its howard who's getting those two off their game....and im saying maybe.

Comment

I suppose the rebuild idea would be abandoned if we landed Howard, and replaced with the "win now" approach. The only point of rebuilding is to land a piece like Howard. Then you start thinking about deep playoff runs.

Comment

The way I see it, dude is like Kobe. Would have loved to have him on my team but he's just too damn fun to cheer against. Dwight is such a dweeb. You can tell he came from a strict christian background. I just want to give him an atomic wedgie whenever I see him. He's the guy that goes to the club with you and buys Fresca all night and talks about his Medal of Honor record while you're trying to pick up chicks.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Fresca is pretty awesome though...........

with some vodka in it.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              Fresca is pretty awesome though...........

with some vodka in it.
              Let's make one thing clear: I would never intentionally diss Fresca.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

When is 26 too old now a days? Players like Garnett, Nash, Pierce, Allen, etc are still doing pretty well in their mid 30's. Howard looks like he keeps himself in excellent condition. He's missed a total of 7 games in 7 years! Sure he gets abused in the paint, but even Shaq was dominant in his 30's.

Howard is the cream of the crop. By far the best big man in the league. If the Raptors even have a chance at him you go for it. I'd give up Derozan, Amir and JV in a trade for him in a flash.

The downside is if Orlando is going to give up Howard, they will also be giving you Turk or Arenas. No way in hell is Turk coming back. So we would be stuck with Arenas for a few years as well which would be a huge burden.

Plus this is never going to happen.

Comment

Im not being condescending and this is a legit question, why not Derozan? Kobe and Gasol i think played pretty good.

hahaha yeah. they better name more than burgers and convince the guy to stay as much as they can.
                  but on the flipside, maybe its howard who's getting those two off their game....and im saying maybe.
                  I would think the team would want to take a 'orlando' like approach and make sure everyone on the floor can hit a 3 as to make it harder for Dwight to be doubled and punish anyone who tries to double team dwight.

It has nothing to do with Derozan so much as it has alot to do with what Derozan can't do.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    The downside is if Orlando is going to give up Howard, they will also be giving you Turk or Arenas. No way in hell is Turk coming back. So we would be stuck with Arenas for a few years as well which would be a huge burden.
                    I don't know who could put together a package to take both Howard and Arenas. Together they total more then $37million in 2012/2013. In order for us to put together a package to acquire those two, it would require something along the lines of the following:

- Bargnani ($9.25mil)
                    - Calderon ($9.78mil)
                    - DeRozan ($2.63mil)
                    - A. Johnson ($5.55mil)
                    - Valanciunas ($3.48mil)

The only way we could put together a package for this two, would be to include both Bargnani and Calderon, which would weaken any package we have.

But, this would be a similar problem that any team in the league would have. The only team I could think of who could pull off this type of trade would be Sacramento due to their salary space. Sacramento could pull off the trade with a package of (Cousins, Evans, Hickson, and Jimmer). But would Sacramento make such a move to give up their entire core to take on Howard and the albatross contract of Arenas.
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Nobody mentioned the part where he said he cries on the bench with a towel over his head. Other players that have been around these parts have been torn apart for the assumption they cry in the dressing room. Do you guys really want a crier on this team?

I sure don't!

Comment

if it means getting rid of DeRozan aka Kobe 2.0 then screw it. i'd much rather rebuild and make a name through the draft the old fashion way.

Comment

hahahaha thats exactly what i thought too. "Its not you, its me" hahaha
                          Reminds me of a George Costanza breakup scene with the girlfriend when she gave him that byebye. He went apoplectic shouting back at her "Dont YOU give me that line...that's supposed to be MY line"!

I think he has seen the writing of the new cba which with the albatrosses of agent Zero and Hedo, will not allow for a Chris Paul or Williams to hook up with him. He will need to go to them than the other way around... most likely.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                            I don't know who could put together a package to take both Howard and Arenas.
                            The Lakers could easily do it. Gasol & Bynum, or Bynum, Odom & World Peace... lots of of different combos actually. I think that's why the media has been all over Howard to the Lakers. This is the most likely destination for him in my opinion as well.

The only way we could put together a package for this two, would be to include both Bargnani and Calderon, which would weaken any package we have.
                            Yes that's true. A majority of our cap space is tied up in Bargnani and Calderon. The only way to get Howard to Toronto would be to include a 3rd or even 4th team, and that just makes it exponentially harder for this to happen. But I'm just saying that if Howard wanted to come to Toronto then I'd jump on that chance and would do whatever it took to make it happen.

But, this would be a similar problem that any team in the league would have. The only team I could think of who could pull off this type of trade would be Sacramento due to their salary space. Sacramento could pull off the trade with a package of (Cousins, Evans, Hickson, and Jimmer). But would Sacramento make such a move to give up their entire core to take on Howard and the albatross contract of Arenas.
                            For any other team outside of perhaps Toronto, Phoenix and Portland you could use Turk instead of Arenas. That makes the trade so much easier for another team. If you swapped Arenas for Turk in your Sacramento scenario you shave off $8 million from the trade, which makes it an easier transaction. Just not sure if Howard would want to play there.

Comment

It's more likely I'll be playing in Raptors, than Howard, just my opinion.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Do_In_Orlando

Is there even a slight, speckle, grain of hope that Dwight Howard will sign with the Raps when he becomes a free agent?

Good, Bad, Idiotic and Sarcastic comments are all welcomed. hehehe.
                                Bargnani has a better chance at averaging a double double whenever the next season happens.

Here's an idea for D12 when he is asking himself what else is there to do in Orlando. How about winning a title? The Raptors at least got something for Bosh. If Howard leaves its under a new CBA and S&T probably won't exist... They should try and trade him now. As soon as there is a new CBA. They should be talking to owners about it right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X