Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 118 of 118

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #101
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hey, what happened to that props guy? anybody heard/seen anything recently? i realize he may not contribute a whole lot with his posts and he usually just get's ignored, but...
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  2. #102
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,833
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    haha very funny

  3. #103
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    no, seriously, i'm starting to get concerned what if something happened to the guy like he got kidnapped or something and nobody knows?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  4. #104
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just downloaded a few episodes of "Justified" with Tim Olyphant. Seen a preview for it on t.v. the other day and looked it up on IMDb.

    Sounds intriguing nonetheless.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  5. #105
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is anyone watching the new Eastbound & Down season?? Holy smokes is it ever good!

  6. #106
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Is anyone watching the new Eastbound & Down season?? Holy smokes is it ever good!
    Is this season 2? On the Score? You got a time and date Mack?

    Season 1 was jokes.

  7. #107
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nah man, it's season 3 on HBO. It's on Sunday nights at some point but I just download them off Demonoid(I'm sure you can find them anywhere) on Monday or Tuesdays, cause I'm not paying an extra $30 or whatever for that channel.

    Season 2 is better than season 1, and season 3 is shaping up to be better than #2! I'm in stitches for most of the show.

  8. #108
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    season 2 was funnier when it had it's funny parts. but, sometimes it was real draggy.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  9. #109
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gee whiz, Berenthal gets axed from TWD gets cast as the star in a new show (la noir) and now it was just confirmed he'll play a role in "The Wolf of Wall Street". Luck?, maybe. Although, maybe Mr. Scorsese enjoys some good apocalyptic zombie gore.

  10. #110
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Btw, consider stickying this thread.

    Also, been watching Arrested Development recently and is it just me or did it really lose it's touch towards the end?

    I feel like the timeline of the show can be compared to Nic Cage's career. Insert "he" where necessary.

    Season 1 of the show(80's Nic Cage) hey, this has got some serious potential. Infact, it's pretty good.

    Season 2(90's nic cage) hey, this kicks ass, infact it's awesome. It's getting some serious recognition and is making it big.

    Season 3 (new millenium nic cage) wha...ah what...da fuck...ah...what the hell happened!?

  11. #111
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Season premiere - 15th July


  12. #112
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Btw, consider stickying this thread.

    Also, been watching Arrested Development recently and is it just me or did it really lose it's touch towards the end?

    I feel like the timeline of the show can be compared to Nic Cage's career. Insert "he" where necessary.

    Season 1 of the show(80's Nic Cage) hey, this has got some serious potential. Infact, it's pretty good.

    Season 2(90's nic cage) hey, this kicks ass, infact it's awesome. It's getting some serious recognition and is making it big.

    Season 3 (new millenium nic cage) wha...ah what...da fuck...ah...what the hell happened!?
    I think the third season needed more Carl Weathers

  13. #113
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Season premiere - 15th July

    Walt is the best character on tv right now. I am getting psyched for this.

  14. #114
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    I think the third season needed more Carl Weathers
    The third season seemed like they just went too far with the incest thing and then it was like they tried to back it up and it was just like where are you going with this? Even in real life jason bateman was constantly bugging the crew to get his sister on to play Michael's love interest.

    That Charlize Theron thing/Mr. F went on too long and I didn't find funny to begin with.

  15. #115
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Walt is the best character on tv right now. I am getting psyched for this.
    Ya, i can agree with that.

    Although, Don Cheadle's character on House Of Lies is pretty fucking interesting.

  16. #116
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    The third season seemed like they just went too far with the incest thing and then it was like they tried to back it up and it was just like where are you going with this? Even in real life jason bateman was constantly bugging the crew to get his sister on to play Michael's love interest.

    That Charlize Theron thing/Mr. F went on too long and I didn't find funny to begin with.
    To be honest, I think the main problem was plot. Like every show, it fell off from what made it so good in the first place. It was less about a man salvaging a company and family he really wants no part of, and more the other, less funny, more gag driven plots (like Mr.F). It was still funny, just less funny and for different reasons.


    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Ya, i can agree with that.

    Although, Don Cheadle's character on House Of Lies is pretty fucking interesting.
    I have only seen bits and pieces of House of Lies, definitely want to watch more.
    I also like Steve Buschemi's character from Boardwalk Empire.

  17. #117
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    To be honest, I think the main problem was plot. Like every show, it fell off from what made it so good in the first place. It was less about a man salvaging a company and family he really wants no part of, and more the other, less funny, more gag driven plots (like Mr.F). It was still funny, just less funny and for different reasons.




    I have only seen bits and pieces of House of Lies, definitely want to watch more.
    I also like Steve Buschemi's character from Boardwalk Empire.
    I'm actually the opposite have seen the majority of house of lies and little of boardwalk empire.

    Here's a rundown of Cheadle's character; His son's a queer, his dad is seemingly dying(Cheadle and son don't know), he fucks a ton of brauds, he's dating a bisexual prostitute, his ex-wife is a total slut, he's got a cool swagger to him, he's straight forward and almost blunt, and he curses at someone basically every presentation.

    As for arrested development, I totally agree. Plus, it was kind of like they were all doing the same thing in different settings. I actually can't believe a network like FOX, let them touch topics like retardation and incest.

  18. #118
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Watching the first few episodes of Spartacus:Vengeance. It's not as good as the first. The lack of Andy Whitfield is a definite weakness.

    But, it's not bad.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •