X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody watch the show "Weeds"?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Watched the new series "The Firm" and was pleasantly impressed with the first epipsode. Looks like an intense thriller.
      I watched this show too. I enjoyed it and will watch it again.

But what the hell happened to Juliette Louis? I puked a little in my mouth every time she was on screen. Her thetans and e-meter tests aren't helping her age well.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        Does anybody watch the show "Weeds"?
        I loved this show when it took place in Agrestic, Seasons 1-3. Then it moved to a beach-side town somewhere in California (Season 4-5) and I thought the quality slipped a bit, but it was still a very good show. I thought this is where the series should have ended. In Season 6, when the Botwins moved to Seattle, and then Michigan, I thought the quality of the show really took a nose dive. I haven't watched the last season which I guess takes place in Denmark and/or prison(?). I will probably watch it when it comes on DVD. Hopefully the writing/storyline of Season 7 improves significantly.

Sometimes shows run their course and should end while they are still on the top of their game. I think that should have been Season 5.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
          I loved this show when it took place in Agrestic, Seasons 1-3. Then it moved to a beach-side town somewhere in California (Season 4-5) and I thought the quality slipped a bit, but it was still a very good show. I thought this is where the series should have ended. In Season 6, when the Botwins moved to Seattle, and then Michigan, I thought the quality of the show really took a nose dive. I haven't watched the last season which I guess takes place in Denmark and/or prison(?). I will probably watch it when it comes on DVD. Hopefully the writing/storyline of Season 7 improves significantly.

Sometimes shows run their course and should end while they are still on the top of their game. I think that should have been Season 5.
          Is it anything like Breaking Bad? Because that show is just awesome.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Is it anything like Breaking Bad? Because that show is just awesome.
            Breaking Bad is a drama and Weeds is a comedy. Breaking Bad is an hour long show while Weeds is only 30 min.

But they are similar in that they are both high quality shows with excellent writers and talented actors. Both main characters are drug dealers/producers.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
              I watched this show too. I enjoyed it and will watch it again.

But what the hell happened to Juliette Louis? I puked a little in my mouth every time she was on screen. Her thetans and e-meter tests aren't helping her age well.
              rofl, i don't know about it. the lawyer shows are a bit stale, however, if they get some side stories going and it's not just based on the main guys life then it will be successful for many years to come.

btw, what's with this dude. i mean he is literally in every freakin different genre of t.v. show out there right now.

i mean for frig sakes he's been in almost every t.v. show i've watched or used to. I guess that's what you get when you're a supporting actor though and not a necessary mainstay.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                rofl, i don't know about it. the lawyer shows are a bit stale, however, if they get some side stories going and it's not just based on the main guys life then it will be successful for many years to come.
                it's based on the john grisham book "The Firm"... and there was a movie years ago.... if they are any indication, there will be MAJOR side stories... and this will not be a run of the mill court drama

Comment

Looking forward to Charlie's new show "Anger Management".
                  Sheen renewed his gripe that he felt underutilized on Two and a Half Men and that it didn't solicit his opinions on the show - but as an executive producer and profit participant in Anger Management, he promises to be very involved. "Every time I see [Anger Management executive producer Bruce Helford], it's like a hundred warm hugs," Sheen says. "To have my input welcomed is an alien concept to me."

Adds Helford: "Whenever I do a show with a star, then we partner. We're doing this together. Anything I do I run by Charlie and we talk about it. He's got great ideas and we're using those."

The show itself shares a title with the movie Anger Management, but little else. Sheen will play a former baseball player with anger issues who winds up as an unconventional anger management therapist. Sheen's character (named Charlie, natch) juggles his work and personal life - as he has an ex-wife, a 13-year-old daughter and his own therapist.

The character also works with two therapy groups: A private one, and one at a women's prison (that was Sheen's idea). "This is a show about how all of this affects Charlie's life," Helford says. "It's half workplace and half personal life but there's an organic flow back and forth... His life is way more screwed up than most of his patients."

Helford says he's looking to give Anger Management a "mature tone" similar to Roseanne (where he once worked) and the shows of famed All in the Family producer Norman Lear. "We have the license to do it," he says.

Sheen and Helford have already hired a writing staff for the show, and now plan to start casting next week. Two of the lead roles call for women in their late 30s or early 40s, "and those are going to be actresses that you know, I'm sure," Helford says.

Lionsgate (the studio behind the show) and its Debmar-Mercury distribution arm will initially produce 10 episodes of Anger Management. If that initial order hits a certain ratings threshold, then an order by FX for another 90 episodes immediately kicks in.

Under a heightened production schedule, more than one episode would be taped a week. "To do that kind of schedule, you need someone who knows their stuff, who has done this before," Helford says. "And Charlie is really sharp and really fast."

Although Management will be shot with multiple cameras and audience laughs, the show won't be taped in front of a studio audience. An audience will screen each episode later and their laughter taped to be used in the telecast.
                  Source: Seattlepi.com

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    it's based on the john grisham book "The Firm"... and there was a movie years ago.... if they are any indication, there will be MAJOR side stories... and this will not be a run of the mill court drama
                    never ead the book or saw the movie. but, knew it was based on both. good to know their is side stories though.

as for the new sheen show. why couldn't they have named him Ricky Vaughan, would have been awesome. I'l be tuning in for sure though whether i have to pirate it or not.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• you guys just love ignoring me don't you...

Comment

• hey, what happened to that props guy? anybody heard/seen anything recently? i realize he may not contribute a whole lot with his posts and he usually just get's ignored, but...

Comment

• haha very funny

Comment

• no, seriously, i'm starting to get concerned what if something happened to the guy like he got kidnapped or something and nobody knows?

Comment

• Just downloaded a few episodes of "Justified" with Tim Olyphant. Seen a preview for it on t.v. the other day and looked it up on IMDb.

Sounds intriguing nonetheless.

Comment

• Is anyone watching the new Eastbound & Down season?? Holy smokes is it ever good!

Comment

Working...
                                X