The TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    Is anyone watching the new Eastbound & Down season?? Holy smokes is it ever good!
    Is this season 2? On the Score? You got a time and date Mack?

Season 1 was jokes.

Comment

• Nah man, it's season 3 on HBO. It's on Sunday nights at some point but I just download them off Demonoid(I'm sure you can find them anywhere) on Monday or Tuesdays, cause I'm not paying an extra $30 or whatever for that channel.

Season 2 is better than season 1, and season 3 is shaping up to be better than #2! I'm in stitches for most of the show.

Comment

• season 2 was funnier when it had it's funny parts. but, sometimes it was real draggy.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Gee whiz, Berenthal gets axed from TWD gets cast as the star in a new show (la noir) and now it was just confirmed he'll play a role in "The Wolf of Wall Street". Luck?, maybe. Although, maybe Mr. Scorsese enjoys some good apocalyptic zombie gore.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Btw, consider stickying this thread.

Also, been watching Arrested Development recently and is it just me or did it really lose it's touch towards the end?

I feel like the timeline of the show can be compared to Nic Cage's career. Insert "he" where necessary.

Season 1 of the show(80's Nic Cage) hey, this has got some serious potential. Infact, it's pretty good.

Season 2(90's nic cage) hey, this kicks ass, infact it's awesome. It's getting some serious recognition and is making it big.

Season 3 (new millenium nic cage) wha...ah what...da fuck...ah...what the hell happened!?

Comment

• Season premiere - 15th July

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                Btw, consider stickying this thread.

Also, been watching Arrested Development recently and is it just me or did it really lose it's touch towards the end?

I feel like the timeline of the show can be compared to Nic Cage's career. Insert "he" where necessary.

Season 1 of the show(80's Nic Cage) hey, this has got some serious potential. Infact, it's pretty good.

Season 2(90's nic cage) hey, this kicks ass, infact it's awesome. It's getting some serious recognition and is making it big.

Season 3 (new millenium nic cage) wha...ah what...da fuck...ah...what the hell happened!?
                I think the third season needed more Carl Weathers

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                  Season premiere - 15th July

Walt is the best character on tv right now. I am getting psyched for this.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
                    I think the third season needed more Carl Weathers
                    The third season seemed like they just went too far with the incest thing and then it was like they tried to back it up and it was just like where are you going with this? Even in real life jason bateman was constantly bugging the crew to get his sister on to play Michael's love interest.

That Charlize Theron thing/Mr. F went on too long and I didn't find funny to begin with.

Comment

Walt is the best character on tv right now. I am getting psyched for this.
                      Ya, i can agree with that.

Although, Don Cheadle's character on House Of Lies is pretty fucking interesting.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        The third season seemed like they just went too far with the incest thing and then it was like they tried to back it up and it was just like where are you going with this? Even in real life jason bateman was constantly bugging the crew to get his sister on to play Michael's love interest.

That Charlize Theron thing/Mr. F went on too long and I didn't find funny to begin with.
                        To be honest, I think the main problem was plot. Like every show, it fell off from what made it so good in the first place. It was less about a man salvaging a company and family he really wants no part of, and more the other, less funny, more gag driven plots (like Mr.F). It was still funny, just less funny and for different reasons.

LBF wrote: View Post
                        Ya, i can agree with that.

Although, Don Cheadle's character on House Of Lies is pretty fucking interesting.
                        I have only seen bits and pieces of House of Lies, definitely want to watch more.
                        I also like Steve Buschemi's character from Boardwalk Empire.

Comment

To be honest, I think the main problem was plot. Like every show, it fell off from what made it so good in the first place. It was less about a man salvaging a company and family he really wants no part of, and more the other, less funny, more gag driven plots (like Mr.F). It was still funny, just less funny and for different reasons.

I have only seen bits and pieces of House of Lies, definitely want to watch more.
                          I also like Steve Buschemi's character from Boardwalk Empire.
                          I'm actually the opposite have seen the majority of house of lies and little of boardwalk empire.

Here's a rundown of Cheadle's character; His son's a queer, his dad is seemingly dying(Cheadle and son don't know), he fucks a ton of brauds, he's dating a bisexual prostitute, his ex-wife is a total slut, he's got a cool swagger to him, he's straight forward and almost blunt, and he curses at someone basically every presentation.

As for arrested development, I totally agree. Plus, it was kind of like they were all doing the same thing in different settings. I actually can't believe a network like FOX, let them touch topics like retardation and incest.

Comment

• Watching the first few episodes of Spartacus:Vengeance. It's not as good as the first. The lack of Andy Whitfield is a definite weakness.

But, it's not bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X