The TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    im had to rewatch sunny in philly just so there was a buffer between america horror story and going to bed
    Sounds like a good one for me and my girl. She's so sad that when we see a scary movie I need to go ahead and turn on the lights in any room she wants to enter. I laugh but it makes me wonder how much she values me life deep down... I mean what if there really is a zombie, werewolf or emo teen angst vampire lurking in that dark bedroom?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Sounds like a good one for me and my girl. She's so sad that when we see a scary movie I need to go ahead and turn on the lights in any room she wants to enter. I laugh but it makes me wonder how much she values me life deep down... I mean what if there really is a zombie, werewolf or emo teen angst vampire lurking in that dark bedroom?
      lol... the only time that ever happened to me is with the original Japanese version of "Ring"... long before the american one came out... me and my roommate at the time, both 6 foot plus dudes... refused to answer the phone for a few days..

if that's how she reacts... after american horror story.. she may never go in the basement again.... the perfect oppurtunity for you to lay claim on a man-cave down there..

Comment

Oh, and i finished the first season of Sons of Anarchy... great watch... thanks for the recommendation..

took me like 5 episodes to figure out who "Sam Crow" was though.. lol

Comment

lol... the only time that ever happened to me is with the original Japanese version of "Ring"... long before the american one came out... me and my roommate at the time, both 6 foot plus dudes... refused to answer the phone for a few days..

if that's how she reacts... after american horror story.. she may never go in the basement again.... the perfect oppurtunity for you to lay claim on a man-cave down there..
          Already have laid claim over that territory but I like to keep a few cards up my sleeves. Duly noted.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
            Imo, for current stuff
            Best show on TV: Community
            Best drama: Breaking Bad

Best fantasy: Game of Thrones
            Best comedy: Archer
            I really like both these shows. I'm the only one I know who watches Community. I think it is brilliant. The last episode I watched with the 6 parallel story-lines had me peeing myself. Excellent show.

I just finished watching Season 3 of Breaking Bad. Very good stuff. Can't wait until next season.

I haven't watched game of thrones or archer yet. I'll put them on my list.

I'm trying to get into Camelot but I'm finding it a bit hard. I'm going to give it a few more weeks. Is game of thrones similar at all to Camelot?
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I haven't seen Camelot yet, but after wiki'ing it......
              Why the hell would you watch this over Merlin?

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                I really like both these shows. I'm the only one I know who watches Community. I think it is brilliant. The last episode I watched with the 6 parallel story-lines had me peeing myself. Excellent show.
                me and one of my coworkers are the only people i know of who watch Community.. and its a shame... its some excellent watching

this season has been off the wall... almost david lynch-ian... the halloween episode was fantastic too

by far, my favourite episode so far has been the dungeons and dragons episode from last season

donald glover's (Troy in the show) comedy troupe from college has a lesser known movie out called "Mystery Team".. i cant recommend it enough.. its absolutely hilarious stuff... also his troupe, "Derrick Comedy" has a bunch of shorts up on youtube..

little known fact.. or at least i just found out... donald glover used to be a writer on 30 Rock and was nominated for a writers guild of america award... also, he wrote for the daily show with john stewart...

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                  Wayans Bros' was mad jokes back in the day. Not sure how funny I would find it now though.

As for Spartacus, yes the boobies are nice. Obviously the show doesn't have a big budget like a movie set would. So taking that into consideration the production is not bad at all. Keep watching it gets a lot better.

Sports Night was a great show! Yeah sadly it lasted only 2 seasons.

Third Watch I enjoyed a great deal as well. The guy who banged Leann Rimes (while she was married) was on that show.

Eastbound and down...danny mcbride is awesome!

now up to episode 6 for spartacus couldn't stop watching watched episode 3,4, and 5, back to back to back.

ya, i faintly rember the guy. but, i do know he banged leann rimes.

not sure i could though, i mean she's hot, but, if her eye lids were pulled back any further her eyes might revert to the back of her head.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

SGU was awesome... lived way too short a life.. as most great shows do...

SG-1 was campy slosh at best... but it was good mindless fun
                    Me and my girl were talking about how I have the kiss of death when it comes to T.V. shows. If I watch it, it's likely to get axed no matter how good it is. She's not into sci-fi but she did enjoy watching Jericho with me. Axed. I thought I was going to be able to get her into SGU but ah... Too late. Axed. Flash Forward was great and I had her on that from day one because it was sort of like a cop drama in some ways. Guess what? Axed. Ah damn it...

Comment

I have some of Boardwalk Empire season one and plan on watching it some day. I'm off on a business trip next week so I'm sure I'll have nothing better to do at the hotel...

I think it's gone downhill since season 3. It was a slow decline at first but this season it's been hit or miss... Kind of like last season. They've killed pretty much everything but God when it comes to lore and mythology. I'm not sure where they're heading. It should have ended a few years ago. I think it's on because it makes lot of money, not that they had more to tell.
                      I watched a bit of an episode from this year on DUSK last night.

It was the stupidest shit. this guy went back in time or w/e. Prevented the Titanic from sinking and so everyone was like "oh wtf is the titanic."

They talk to the guy and he was like oh I hated the movie(who didn't?) and Celine Dion is a bitch. So, now their is 50,000(seems a bit steep) offspring from generations of the non-survivor survivors.

Some fate sisters are killing them all and their trying to stop them because their friends with people who shouldn't exist in the first place.

BTW, guys hair looks like a legit mop.

like this except it was all comed to one side, I mean seriously some bad hat harry.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Me and my girl were talking about how I have the kiss of death when it comes to T.V. shows. If I watch it, it's likely to get axed no matter how good it is. She's not into sci-fi but she did enjoy watching Jericho with me. Axed. I thought I was going to be able to get her into SGU but ah... Too late. Axed. Flash Forward was great and I had her on that from day one because it was sort of like a cop drama in some ways. Guess what? Axed. Ah damn it...
                        flash forward was ill. but, it started to get fucked up after season one. i mean it ws when it started but...

Comment

Wait, there was a season two? Last I seen, Mark Benford was about to jump out of a tower because the place was about to blow. Then the place blew and they cancelled the series. Like what the hell? They could have at least released an webisode where he pops up and says, "I'm cool" or something...

Comment

i'm pretty sure their was a season two. but, i just checked and apparently not although I swear I was watching an episode and they said it was season two.

maybe it went away for a while and then came back. like some of those series do.

or maybe i just hadn't seen an episode since 09 and then watched one in 10 and asumed it was season two.

Comment

Alright, I've only got time for one series at a time so I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I downloaded episodes 1 and 2 of American Horror Story after I read what you guys were talking about. The beginning of episode 1 had me like "Ok, this might be watchable", but then most of the episode was a little lame to up until the last bit. Does ep. 2 get a lot better? If not I plan on going back to SOA.

I've been trying to watch Sons for over a year and I finally got the chance to download season 2 a few weeks back. At least I know I'm getting a great show in SOA!

Comment

every episode of American Horror Story delves more into the history of the house and the people who lived there.. plus whatever is happening with the family in the present... and slowly giving the impression that they're putting the pieces to the puzzle together.

i'm all-in on American Horror Story.. i love it... but if you didnt like the first episode, im not sure you'll like the rest

I'm halfway through season 2 of Sons... amazing season, except for Henry Rollins.... love the dude, but man is he a horrible actor..

Comment

Working...
                                X