X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know what was an ill show

Nash Bridges with Don Johnson

i got a few as well

Sportsnight-About the ongoings at a small market sports show, probably the best show to ever get the axe. Has the guy from Supernatural, a Chick from Desperate Housewives, and this old, funny black guy who i'm sure some in the 35+ range will recognize.

Rescue Me with Denis Leary

Third Watch-The exploits of a group of men and women who serve the City of New York as police officers, firemen, and paramedics in the fictional 55th Precinct.

Southland-Follows a division of LAPD officers on and off duty. The most notable character is the main guy from The OC. Ben Smith i believe. Now, I've only seen the first two seasons and there was a budget decrease and cast decrease for the third. But, the first two seasons were awesome.

Rubicon- It was on AMC so you know it's good. About a guy named Will trying to figure out these conspiracies about the company he works for and the government.

The Unusuals- About a bunch of dysfunctional NYPD officers. Stars Jeremy Renner, Amber Tamblyn, and Michael from LOST. It's a little bit corny at times, but, overall it's funny.

Louie-A show about a dude dealing with his divorce. Stars Louis C.K.

LOST- probably the best show i've ever seen.No need to explain plot. probably couldn't if I tried. I was a bit ashamed when the writers seemed to get lazy on the 4th and 5th seasons. but, the final season was good and it kept you guessing 'till the end.

Eastbound and Down- stars Danny Mcbride. so you know it's funny.

Dead Like Me-A college dropout, Georgia "George" Lass is killed by a toilet seat that falls from the MIR space station on her first day at a temp agency. Upon death, she is recruited for a team of grim reapers - undead who mix among the and take people's souls just before they die. Along with fellow team members Mason, Roxy, Betty, and leader Rube, George discovers life after life.

I think i'll stop there.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      ya, honestly it was a pretty good show. I use to watch it on BET and i'm white, no white people watch BET! you know besides the wiggers, and, I guess me.

I still think it's on BET, I don't know it use to be on at like 3:00 p.m., not sure anymore.

BTW, watched the first episode of Spartacus, liked the titties. But, the fighting scenes were a dissapointment.
      Wayans Bros' was mad jokes back in the day. Not sure how funny I would find it now though.

As for Spartacus, yes the boobies are nice. Obviously the show doesn't have a big budget like a movie set would. So taking that into consideration the production is not bad at all. Keep watching it gets a lot better.

LBF wrote: View Post
      you know what was an ill show

Nash Bridges with Don Johnson

i got a few as well

Sportsnight-About the ongoings at a small market sports show, probably the best show to ever get the axe. Has the guy from Supernatural, a Chick from Desperate Housewives, and this old, funny black guy who i'm sure some in the 35+ range will recognize.

Third Watch-The exploits of a group of men and women who serve the City of New York as police officers, firemen, and paramedics in the fictional 55th Precinct.

Eastbound and Down- stars Danny Mcbride. so you know it's funny.

I think i'll stop there.
      Sports Night was a great show! Yeah sadly it lasted only 2 seasons.

Third Watch I enjoyed a great deal as well. The guy who banged Leann Rimes (while she was married) was on that show.

Eastbound and down...danny mcbride is awesome!

Comment

The Wire

Omar Little is one of the best character in any show or movie I have ever watched. Good series too by the way.

Comment

Supernatural seasons 1 through 3 were excellent. After that I'm not a fan but if you enjoy folklore then the first three seasons are a really good watch.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Omar Little is one of the best character in any show or movie I have ever watched. Good series too by the way.
            Agreed... i love Omar.. greatest idea for a character ever... the gay modern day ghetto Robin Hood... plus, the guy who plays him is just phenomenal... and he's one of the most quotable characters of the last decade

He's on Boardwalk Empire now.... and on Community

Comment

Supernatural seasons 1 through 3 were excellent. After that I'm not a fan but if you enjoy folklore then the first three seasons are a really good watch.
              i still watch it religiously... but it is pretty hokey these days

Comment

I have some of Boardwalk Empire season one and plan on watching it some day. I'm off on a business trip next week so I'm sure I'll have nothing better to do at the hotel...

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                i still watch it religiously... but it is pretty hokey these days
                I think it's gone downhill since season 3. It was a slow decline at first but this season it's been hit or miss... Kind of like last season. They've killed pretty much everything but God when it comes to lore and mythology. I'm not sure where they're heading. It should have ended a few years ago. I think it's on because it makes lot of money, not that they had more to tell.

Comment

I have some of Boardwalk Empire season one and plan on watching it some day. I'm off on a business trip next week so I'm sure I'll have nothing better to do at the hotel...

I think it's gone downhill since season 3. It was a slow decline at first but this season it's been hit or miss... Kind of like last season. They've killed pretty much everything but God when it comes to lore and mythology. I'm not sure where they're heading. It should have ended a few years ago. I think it's on because it makes lot of money, not that they had more to tell.
                  it's an endless cycle of the tension between sam and dean... something f'ed up happens to dean... they have to deal with it... the next season, something f'ed up happens to sam... they have to deal with it..

This season had promise... they introduced the leviathans that Castiel sucked up from purgatory... but then they just leave it and go about their regular brotherly angst cycle...

it survives in my watching list just because its a friday show... and i usually need a few timekillers on a saturday

Comment

My money is on them bring back Dean's and Sam's old man at some point... I mean nothing is off limits to these writers. Both Dean and Sam had individually died and gone to hell... Sam essentially was a Demon Vampire are one point. Dean also was a vampire(one episode). What worse thing could happen to them than that? I don't rule out a crossing gender curse episode. Or a Dean becomes God episode. Or a Sam goes back and time stops Buddy Holly from getting on that plane because the plane was cursed by a "Manbearpig" episode...

Comment

well... Castiel has already been god...and Sam was Lucifer's vessel... plus was stuck in hell with Lucifer and the archangel Michael...

lol.... ya... hokey

Comment

Imo, for current stuff
                        Best show on TV: Community
                        Best drama: Breaking Bad
                        Best fantasy: Game of Thrones
                        Best comedy: Archer

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                          Imo, for current stuff
                          Best show on TV: Community
                          Best drama: Breaking Bad
                          Best fantasy: Game of ThronesBest comedy: Archer
                          Game of Thrones is apparently really good and sticks close to the books they are based on. Might have to check that out.

Sigh...there seems to a lot of really good shows on tv these days, but I just don't have the time to watch more than a few episodes of this or that in a week. I'm gonna have to choose wisely which new show I wanna dedicate some time to. I'm leaning towards Sons of Anarchy, but I def wanna check out at least the pilot of American Horror Story.

Edit: as I am writing this I see that FX Canada will be launching on Halloween at 9pm with the premiere of American Horror Story. The new channel will also feature SOA. Free preview for Rogers customers. haha cool.

One of the last big U.S. cable brands to cross the border arrives Monday. Will it be a hit or an American Horror Story?

FX Canada launches at 9 p.m. Monday with a special Halloween night airing of American Horror Story, the creepy new drama from Glee producers Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Rogers Digital and East Link subscribers can enjoy a two-month free preview (channel 318 on Rogers Digital and in high definition on Rogers’ channel 565 in Ontario only). Distribution on other Canadian carriers is still being negotiated.

Horror Story stars Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights) and Dylan McDermott (The Practice) as a couple whose marriage is almost as spooked and ruined as the sinister haunted house they move into in California. It is one of several shows originating from FX, the U.S. cable service that broke through a decade ago with Emmy-winner The Shield and became home to such provocative adult hits as Nip/Tuck (also from Murphy/Falchuk), Rescue Me, Damages and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Besides Horror Story, current FX hits airing on FX Canada will include the offbeat comedy Wilfred. Elijah Wood plays a guy whose best friend is a six-foot Australian in a dog suit. Early seasons of the modern western Justified and the gritty biker drama Sons of Anarchy will also be in the rotation (Pay-TV channel Super Channel still has the newer episodes of these FX series), as will Louis C.K.’s edgy comedy Louie.
                          http://www.thestar.com/article/10759...n-horror-story

Comment

I watched the whole Game of Thrones season when I was off work sick for a few days back in the spring. Good series so far. The end of the season was a total shocker.

Comment

I watched the whole Game of Thrones season when I was off work sick for a few days back in the spring. Good series so far. The end of the season was a total shocker.
                              If they keep to the books, wait until season 2, 3, and 4. I have not read the 5th book yet. It might be the only show/movie where watching the video version first is beneficial and recommended due to the amount of details in the story.

Comment

i just finished the 4th episode of American Horror Story.... HOLY F#$%

im kinda pissed i didnt save it for halloween watching..

it's the best horror i've seen in YEARS.. really unsettling disturbing stuff

had to rewatch sunny in philly just so there was a buffer between america horror story and going to bed
                                Last edited by heinz57; Mon Oct 31, 2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X