The TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    Alright, I've only got time for one series at a time so I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I downloaded episodes 1 and 2 of American Horror Story after I read what you guys were talking about. The beginning of episode 1 had me like "Ok, this might be watchable", but then most of the episode was a little lame to up until the last bit. Does ep. 2 get a lot better? If not I plan on going back to SOA.

I've been trying to watch Sons for over a year and I finally got the chance to download season 2 a few weeks back. At least I know I'm getting a great show in SOA!
    Season 2 is a lot better than season one. It would be a good choice.

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    I'm halfway through season 2 of Sons... amazing season, except for Henry Rollins.... love the dude, but man is he a horrible actor..
    True but he makes it easy for you to hate him in the show so even though he's rough around the edges he accomplishes something at least.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      True but he makes it easy for you to hate him in the show so even though he's rough around the edges he accomplishes something at least.
      sadly, the best performance on the show is the most under-utilized character... Juice

Comment

sadly, the best performance on the show is the most under-utilized character... Juice
        Juice is your favorite? You'll be happy to know that he gets his own storyline in season 4.

Hey, did you know that Happy is a real deal Hell's Angel? He offers up input for the show too.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Juice is your favorite? You'll be happy to know that he gets his own storyline in season 4.
          oh for sure man... he's the most multifaceted character on the show... everyone else is sort of one dimensional... not nescessarily in a bad way... but like, Jax or Clay arent really going to surprise you with their personality... you know what their deal is, you know where its going.. possibly because its pretty much hamlet, so their characters are pre-defined

Comment

oh for sure man... he's the most multifaceted character on the show... everyone else is sort of one dimensional... not nescessarily in a bad way... but like, Jax or Clay arent really going to surprise you with their personality... you know what their deal is, you know where its going.. possibly because its pretty much hamlet, so their characters are pre-defined
            Yeah, I keep getting the feeling that by the end of the series Jax will be the show's tragic hero. You'll understand him a lot more by season 4. They open him up very, very slowly.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
              I really like both these shows. I'm the only one I know who watches Community. I think it is brilliant. The last episode I watched with the 6 parallel story-lines had me peeing myself. Excellent show.

I just finished watching Season 3 of Breaking Bad. Very good stuff. Can't wait until next season.

I haven't watched game of thrones or archer yet. I'll put them on my list.

I'm trying to get into Camelot but I'm finding it a bit hard. I'm going to give it a few more weeks. Is game of thrones similar at all to Camelot?
              well, what are you waiting for season 4 just ended like a week before TWD started up again.

so much has happened in season 1 of spartacus I question what they will have left for the season finale never mind season 2.

seems more like a miniseries to me because I think they've set the bar too high that it will come crashing down.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

man, just finished the first season of spartacus. That was fuckin ridiculous. So fuckin awesome.

It was like the first episode was like eh then it really got good then i think the 6th episode was a drag then the next couple were awesome episode 10 or 11 was like meh and then it had a very awesome and strong finish.

Some of the details that they fill in there were a bit much at somepoints. I mean I love titties, but sometimes it was a bit much, there was way too much of naked cocks in one episode.
                It almost got to a point where I burst into laughter everytime there was nudity, man or woman.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Here we've been naming a bunch of great series, while forgetting about all the other types of genres or brands there are:

Swamp People-History Channel-Might just be the best "reality" series out there. It follows several groups of Aligator fisherman in Louisana.
                  http://www.history.com/shows/swamp-people

Billy The Exterminator-A&E-Follows a family run exterminator business, specifically a groovy fella named Billy, based out of Louisana.
                  http://www.aetv.com/billy-the-exterminator/

Dirty Jobs-Discovery Channel-I'd be shocked if someone has never watched this show. Follows a guy named Mike Rowe(Ford and Lee Jeans Commercials) who sets out across America to discover how dirty some jobs really are.
                  http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/dirty-jobs/

Hillbilly Handfishin'-Animal Planet-Collects a group of every day people and takes them down to Oklahoma. Where they are taught how to "noodle", which in lamens terms is catching Catfish using nothing but hand or foot.
                  http://animal.discovery.com/tv/hillbilly-handfishin/

River Monsters-Discovery-Follows veteran fisherman Jeremy Wade as he travels across the world to it's deppest,darkest rivers to find the most grueling beasts the world's rivers have to offer.
                  http://animal.discovery.com/tv/river-monsters/

Tosh.O-Comedy Network-Watch host/comedian Daniel Tosh as he scours the net for the funniest and sometimes grossest videos that have ever been posted.
                  http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Shows/Tosh

Comment

How do some of you have so much time to watch all these damn shows??? lol Well you sure ain't watching basketball anyways...

Comment

I have no life.

plus, I can't stand commercials, so I watch from 2-4 shows at a time, plus the ones that I dload
                      Last edited by LBF; Fri Nov 4, 2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        man, just finished the first season of spartacus. That was fuckin ridiculous. So fuckin awesome.

It was like the first episode was like eh then it really got good then i think the 6th episode was a drag then the next couple were awesome episode 10 or 11 was like meh and then it had a very awesome and strong finish.

Some of the details that they fill in there were a bit much at somepoints. I mean I love titties, but sometimes it was a bit much, there was way too much of naked cocks in one episode.
                        It almost got to a point where I burst into laughter everytime there was nudity, man or woman.
                        i actually liked the second season better... and there was a tad bit less wang

hopefully the new dude they have playing spartacus is good

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          How do some of you have so much time to watch all these damn shows??? lol Well you sure ain't watching basketball anyways...
                          i dont have cable.. so think about all the time that's spent watching filler TV... game shows, seinfeld reruns, court tv, the news.... replace it with shows you actually do want to watch... plus, you can just throw them onto your smartphone... i have an hour commute to work.. i can usually kill two hour long network shows... or three 30min shows... just on my way to work

and then every once in awhile i find a show i really dig... and the world is dead to me for a few days, the cellphone goes untouched for awhile (except to jump onto imdb)..

Comment

I don't watch much reality T.V. but I do record "Dual Survival" with Cody Lundin. I read one of Cody's books and then one late night I'm scanning the guide and see this show on Discovery or National Geographic with him in it. It was a no brainer for me. It's something like Survivorman.

Comment

i dont have cable.. so think about all the time that's spent watching filler TV... game shows, seinfeld reruns, court tv, the news.... replace it with shows you actually do want to watch... plus, you can just throw them onto your smartphone... i have an hour commute to work.. i can usually kill two hour long network shows... or three 30min shows... just on my way to work

and then every once in awhile i find a show i really dig... and the world is dead to me for a few days, the cellphone goes untouched for awhile (except to jump onto imdb)..
                              All valid explanations. Duly noted... Speaking of filler TV, I'm hooked on TMZ and I don't know why. I really don't give a shit about anyone they talk about.

One show I really got into was Two and a Half Men, and then old Charlie boy went off the rails! Or wait... he was on rails most of the time I guess, wasn't he? I tried watching one or two episodes of the new one with Ashton Kutcher but it's god awful. They should just cancel it now.

Anyone watch Curb? That show has been great since Leon came to it, haven't caught any of the new season though.

Comment

Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations .... how could i forget about my absolute favourite show on TV

On the surface, it's just a show about a dude going around the world eating and getting drunk (and stoned from time to time... but we're not supposed to notice that)... but it's so much more... it's an exploration of the global cultural divide...

Comment

Working...
                                X