Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Amnesty Signings for the Raptors..? Richard Jefferson (post 53)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Outlaw and Webster stick out to me ... but I seriously doubt either of their teams will pay them to go away.
    I think Outlaw has a fork in his @ss and is done. That is a horrible, horrible contract. The worst part of it, despite him being overpaid to begin with, is that he put up close to career lows across the board despite a career high in minutes.

Comment

the Raps needed a back up PG in the event Calderon is traded, on a reasonable contract, Udrih would be a good pick up on a reasonable contract. ESPN seems to think he is a candidate.

Comment

What happens if a Dallas lets Marion go on an amnesty cut and then resigns him for the minimum? He gets paid plus some more and they get lux. tax relief. Are they allowed to do this?

My choices would be among Danthay Jones, Mike Miller, Pietrus, Camby. Miller has been injured a bit lately and he has lost a bit of his shot I think but the others strike me as being "Casey types" and good defensive players.

Comment

I would support a Pietrus signing. He hustles and plays defense. He is the first person on my list and then maybe Hedo... bahahahahaha. oh boy, i am too funny

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            What happens if a Dallas lets Marion go on an amnesty cut and then resigns him for the minimum? He gets paid plus some more and they get lux. tax relief. Are they allowed to do this?

My choices would be among Danthay Jones, Mike Miller, Pietrus, Camby. Miller has been injured a bit lately and he has lost a bit of his shot I think but the others strike me as being "Casey types" and good defensive players.
            with regards to marion, it might be in the rules that they can't. that type of information, as far as i have seen, hasn't been released yet.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

Right now the rumors are that you can't resign the player you cut that year. Stein was reporting too that you can't trade a player and then the team that got the player can't use the Amnesty on him, so all those trades Simmons suggested couldn't happen.

But nothing is written in stone yet.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I found it interesting that the article listed 10 teams as a "slam dunk" for using the amnesty. I'm not sure I agree with that. I think it will probably be less than that, but that's just IMO. I'd be okay with picking up another SF or a center. If Thabeet got amnestied and the raps were serious about playing Barg's at the four then having Thabeet on the bench wouldn't be a bad thing.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Picking up camby for a year or 2 as a place holder for Jonas Valanciunas aka junior varisty aka juvie aka juicey jo would also be acceptable. another pg or another sg is also an option if trades for jose and barbosa are planned.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

@ Albertan & Employee....Thank you. I would hope so...though sometimes loopholes are left open sometimes purposely!

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                      I found it interesting that the article listed 10 teams as a "slam dunk" for using the amnesty. I'm not sure I agree with that. I think it will probably be less than that, but that's just IMO. I'd be okay with picking up another SF or a center. If Thabeet got amnestied and the raps were serious about playing Barg's at the four then having Thabeet on the bench wouldn't be a bad thing.
                      By the sounds of it this offseason, we have a better version of Thabeet on our roster already. Solomon Alabi!

Comment

If Alabi comes in and is able to consistently play 10-15, productive minutes a game, I will be floored.
                        Not to mention he will likely be up for MIP since he averaged 1rpg and .5ppg in 5mpg over 12 games last season.

Comment

I won't be surprised at all based on all the good press he's getting. I won't be surprised either if he doesn't do anything. I do wish he got a full camp with Casey...

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          By the sounds of it this offseason, we have a better version of Thabeet on our roster already. Solomon Alabi!
                          Alabi was better than Thabeet last season.

Comment

Now is the time at Raptors Republic where we contrast:

NBA Owners Part I: We have no money! We are losing money! We need a system where we spend less money!

NBA Owners Part II: We need an amnesty clause where we can pay out an enormous, bad contract in full so we can have cap room to sign a replacement player to an equally bad contract! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              Now is the time at Raptors Republic where we contrast:

NBA Owners Part I: We have no money! We are losing money! We need a system where we spend less money!

NBA Owners Part II: We need an amnesty clause where we can pay out an enormous, bad contract in full so we can have cap room to sign a replacement player to an equally bad contract! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                              I wondered if salaries of the players that will be dropped will count in the players share of the bri, but I assume it will be. So overall, dropping players and signing others will not increase spending.

Comment

From the aforementioned list, I'd take Marvin Williams. The kid is still young, still has loads of potential and he's better than any of the wings we have right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X