Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tmac and Vince on OTR - TSN

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.tsn.ca/shows/otr/

you can find it on the video player on the right hand side with the big picture of VC

Post Thanks / Like

http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcen...stid=5312&id=2

http://www.tsn.ca/shows/otr/

best I can do.

Rod Smith said on SportsCentre that they'll be on today as well. But, I think someone was blowing smoke up his ass.

Biggest news was Kobe saying "they could have won championships." T-Mac was like "wow, I never knew that!"
    and both he and Vince nearly fell off their seats.

Oak was just looking like 'fuck, I could have told you that.' he was just like "yep."
    Last edited by LBF; Fri Nov 4th, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I believe so too

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    McGrady said that there's no doubt in his mind, that had he stayed in Toronto for the 2000-01 season, the Raptors would've beat Philly in the 2nd round, and would've eventually went on to the finals. Interesting to hear...
    I agree with McGrady, if he's there, it doesnt even go 7 games, Vince and Iverson were trading 50 pt games and T-Mac wouldve provided the difference on both ends of the court.

What about Oak saying they should retire #15 AND #1???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    who the hell is home at 5pm besides housewives watching young and the restless and school kids with no friends!?!?
    geez, sorry. I'm going to go hang myself now. Have a nice time with that on your consience.

rofl

Just For The Record "Off The Record" repeats at 6 on TSN2.
    Last edited by LBF; Fri Nov 4th, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RikkJames wrote: View Post
    What about Oak saying they should retire #15 AND #1???
    Better to have empty rafters than rafters full of jerseys which devalue the whole honor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Better to have empty rafters than rafters full of jerseys which devalue the whole honor.
    This!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

they were with us for a couple years and got us to the playoffs twice. Who in their right mind would retire they're jersey's. If they had won us a championship then maybe. Speaking of retiring jersey's when Jose retires do you guys think we should retire his jersey, he's always been loyal to this team and is probably the best PG we have had(so far...).

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    they were with us for a couple years and got us to the playoffs twice. Who in their right mind would retire they're jersey's. If they had won us a championship then maybe. Speaking of retiring jersey's when Jose retires do you guys think we should retire his jersey, he's always been loyal to this team and is probably the best PG we have had(so far...).
    This would actually be a good thread, Which past Raps players' jerseys would you want retired and not?

Wanna start it props?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    This would actually be a good thread, Which past Raps players' jerseys would you want retired and not?
    For me, the answer's clear. Nobody deserves their jersey retired. I'm my opinion, the rafters should be reserved for legends.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

that's easy... there's only one raptor alum deserving of getting their jersey hung up in the rafters...

Primoz Brezec.

/end conversation

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would probably have Alvin William's jersey retired.

Im not sure what the criteria is, but his 11 years as a player and his continued service to the Raps front office, IMO, warrants his jersey retired.

For hardcore Raptors fans, Alvin William's name is quite legendary

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    that's easy... there's only one raptor alum deserving of getting their jersey hung up in the rafters...

Primoz Brezec.

/end conversation
    No no, it's Bargnani when he retires a Raptor in 2021 after having been a Raptor for 15 years and being the Raptors alltime leader in rebounds by a landslide (he is in 5th place at the moment).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm as big a Calderon fan as anyone, but there's no way I'd retire his jersey. The only two in the conversation should be Vince and Bosh.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

DeMar will probably end up being the all time leading scorer for the raps. If he stays a raptor for most of his career his jersey will most likely be retired.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanna start it props?
    Sure i'll start it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    This!
    you know when he edits his post it just ends up making you look dumb and not him.

Post Thanks / Like

oh, well you're at it.

why don't we just go ahead and retire that of Camby,Stoudamire,Bosh,Ford, Mo-Pete,JYD,hell even Zan Tabak.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Carter 100% deserves some sort of Recognition for what he did as an Ambassador for the Sport in the Canada.

Whether thats a Jersey in the Rafter I don't care. He deserves something though. In my opinion anyway.
    And as a lifelong VC fan, I will admit to being severely biased. I will love Vince til the day I die. (No homo)
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Simple Question: VC gets into the hall, you still not going to retire his jersey?

He's scored over 20,000 career points and every man that's done that previous is in the hall.

After all this time, I think the basketball reference profile picture says it all

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...cartevi01.html

Roberto Alomar physically spits on an umpire and gets his jersey retired as well as getting into the hall.

well, Vince Carter may have virtually spit on this franchise. Get the fuck over it! as all of baseball did for Alomar's sake.

You's should do for Vince. Now ofcourse we're going to get that bullshit argument that alomar won championships and blah blah blah...

Ignore that fact and tell me why you wouldn't move on and honur a man who deserves to be honoured.
    Last edited by LBF; Fri Nov 4th, 2011 at 04:19 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information