Lockout Ends - How to Improve the Team Before 2012 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockout Ends - How to Improve the Team Before 2012 Draft

Assume the lockout reached agreement this season and we have a 2011-2012 season, this is how I see how Ed Stefanski can improve our team.

Toronto acquire Louis Williams from FA
    Toronto trade Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza, along with Andrea Bargnani to the Spurs for Dajuan Blair, Matt Bonner, Cory Joseph, rights to Kawahi Leonard, 2012 1st round pick

Why Toronto: They finally shed the Bargnani and Calderon era, this way, Ed Davis can move to the starting lineup and prove how he can dominate the floor along with DeRozan. We get some interesting prospects in Blair, Bonner, and Joseph with Leonard as our future SF or we can draft a SF by 2012.

Why Spurs: Duncan is on the decline, they need a future, Bargnani is their future along with Calderon as a backup PG for Parker. Perhaps a change of scenery, Bargnani may prove the league that he can be a dominate force in the league under Popvitch's system when Duncan steps down.

2011-2012 Lineups
    Bayless/Joseph/D-League PG
    DeRozan/L.Williams/Veteran cheap SG
    Leonard/J.Johnson/J.Wright
    E.Davis/A.Johnson/J.Dorsey
    D.Blair/M.Bonner/A.Ajinca

Go with this lineup and just play, we might land the number 1 or number 2 pick next year and draft Barnes or Q.Miller, while J.Valanciunas may be on board with Barbosa and Weems back.

I'd be all over the deal as a Raptors fan, but there's absolutely no way I can't see the Spurs doing this. Why would they acquire a high-priced PG in Calderon when they have a better version of him in Parker who gets paid roughly the same? I can't see the Spurs wanting to go forward with Bargnani unless he's next to a really good big man and Duncan's minutes have been declining over the years. They'd view Bargnani as a luxury 6th man.
    The Spurs are high on Leonard. They love the kid and rightfully so. Same goes for Blair. Joseph has a ton of talent as well.

Lastly, I don't think the numbers match up. It's roughly 35 million going to San Antonio and something in the neighbourhood of 7 million coming to Toronto.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      I'd be all over the deal as a Raptors fan, but there's absolutely no way I can't see the Spurs doing this. Why would they acquire a high-priced PG in Calderon when they have a better version of him in Parker who gets paid roughly the same? I can't see the Spurs wanting to go forward with Bargnani unless he's next to a really good big man and Duncan's minutes have been declining over the years. They'd view Bargnani as a luxury 6th man.
      The Spurs are high on Leonard. They love the kid and rightfully so. Same goes for Blair. Joseph has a ton of talent as well.

Lastly, I don't think the numbers match up. It's roughly 35 million going to San Antonio and something in the neighbourhood of 7 million coming to Toronto.
      Not to mention Lou Williams is not a FA, Dorsey is signed overseas for the season, and Wright refused to go in a game last year.

It really would be a great way to have the worst record in the league though.

Comment

also, I don't think greg would appreciate being called "popvitch"
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
        X