Get the best SF possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get the best SF possible

Forget Harrison Barnes, if the season is cancelled and the draft order is based on the last five or three seasons, we won't be able to have him.

The best SF of the next decade is already a Pro and is playing right now. I'm covering the Euroleague for a local media and I'm watching every Nancy game. Let me tell you, Nicolas Batum is one heck of a player. He's 23 years old and carrying his team to a very nice start. Plus he's dominating every stat at a AK47 level. Top five in points, rebounds, assits and raking. Other NBA players in the Euroleague don't have that outcome. Not even Tony Parker or Deron Williams playing weaker competition.

In NBA Nico is still very underrated, maybe Portland could bite if they think they can win now. Of course, we have to give something but imagine this starting unit for the future:

PG: Jose (for now, not sold on Bayless yet)
    SG: Demar
    SF: Batum
    PF: Bargs
    C: Jonas (he's destroying the Lithuanian league - first overall with 25.8 of efficiency per game, thrid in points and first in blocks with more than 3 per game)

Plus: Solomon, Kleiza, James Johnson, etc.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=84wxtnw

Here are his top 10 plays of 2011-12.

Interesting analysis. I don't think that highly of him but I would love to be proved wrong.

With the Raps 2012 pick and the situation you laid out above, Kabongo would be a good addition - especially with Calderon having one year left on his contract.

Comment

Batum is good but i want to pick up a super star SF from the draft.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Batum is good but i want to pick up a super star SF from the draft.
        I don't care what position the superstar plays. I just want a legit franchise talent here... if he is a C, PF, SF, SG, or PG I don't care. The Raps cannot be picky about position - no one currently on the roster is untouchable. Actually the closest thing to untouchable the Raptors have would be the 2012 pick and JV.

Comment

I posted a thread in here probably about 8 months back, about how picking up Batum would be a great pick-up for the Raps, and a great compliment to DD at the 2.

Would still love to have him.
          I think he can be VERY good going forward.

However, I see Harrison Barnes as potentially being Batum 2.0, with a bit more of an Elite Scoring ability.
          So if we can get Barnes, (which I think we can) I'd also be in favour of that.
          Last edited by Joey; Sat Nov 19, 2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Toronto may be able to poach him in free agency as well if they were truly interested. The Raps will have a lot of cap space next summer. Looking at Portland's payroll they have $50M tied up in just 6 players (Aldridge, Roy, Wallace with a near $11M player option surely to be exercised, Matthews, Babbitt, and Mills) for '12-13. It does not include any 2012 first round draft pick, Greg Oden, Nolan Smith, or possible re-signing of Raymond Felton.

Now Portland may amnesty Roy and that could change a lot of things but as of now, I would be monitoring the Blazers payroll situation once the lockout is resolved versus giving up assets when all that is needed is time and a chunk of cap space.

Comment

i'm officially on the Quincy Miller Band Wagon so its a no from me.

Comment

Working...
              X