Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMar Shows out! Drew Gooden Charity Game Highlights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar Shows out! Drew Gooden Charity Game Highlights!

Man, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Demar and Harden are the best of Friends!!
    They're flirting the whole game! haha

Love how Harden boosts Demar up on that last Jam.

ADD Rubio's got some passes. Damn.

Comment

That was about as entertaining as watching paint dry. These game just suck the life out of me, it does nothing for a player and, to me as a fan, it is worse that globetrotter ball.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

^ it's better than sitting around waiting for a season to start. They're NBA players in a lockout. What you expect them to do? It's entertainment for everyone and a way for them to keep in shape. O_o
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          That was about as entertaining as watching paint dry. These game just suck the life out of me, it does nothing for a player and, to me as a fan, it is worse that globetrotter ball.
          I stopped watching the All-Star game years ago for that very reason. I remember the All-Star game being one of the highlights of the year for me as a teenager. After a while it just became incredibly boring to watch.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Skills night is where the action is at.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Man, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Demar and Harden are the best of Friends!!
              They're flirting the whole game! haha

Love how Harden boosts Demar up on that last Jam.

ADD Rubio's got some passes. Damn.
              Harden and DeRozan are both from L.A. and play in the same summer leagues, there.

As for Rubio, I just want to remind everyone how much I wanted the Raptors to try and trade (Bargnani) for him before Minnesota finally signed him. I think the NBA is the perfect place for him.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Harden and DeRozan are both from L.A. and play in the same summer leagues, there.
                Yep.
                Just love how much laughing and joking they are doing together.
                It's nice to see.

Comment

I was surprised at the lack of attendance. The basketball was zzzzzz....can take only so much dunking and frivolity. DD seems to have more spring but I hope he has spent time on D.

Comment

that's what a players league would be like; worse than the all-star game. They need the NBA just as much as it needs them.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                      that's what a players league would be like; worse than the all-star game. They need the NBA just as much as it needs them.
                      I disagree with that.

Put these guys in a situation where the game actually means something, and the competitive ones will always show fire.
                      4th Quarter of the All-Star is usually closer to a real game, as pride starts to kick in and guys actually try on D.

Comment

I would even venture the vast majority of the current crop of players needs the NBA far more than the NBA needs them.

Comment

Sam Amico: One NBA GM told me charity games are "absolutely unwatchable. You'd get more for your money at a Harvard-Yale JV game." Twitter
                          Looks like you are not the only one with these thoughts.

Comment

But Sam isn't saying anything about a Player's League being of equal quality...

Regardless, I absolutely agree the Charity games are pretty brutal for the Avid basketball junky; but for young kids and their parents, and the young kids many of these charities support, those games are GREAT entertainment and great FUN. People need to relax I think, to be honest.

I mean James Harden helped Demar dunk on him. He lifted him in the air for crying out loud! haha
                            If that doesn't show these guys don't take themselves, or these games seriously, I don't what would.
                            Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 21, 2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              I was surprised at the lack of attendance. The basketball was zzzzzz....can take only so much dunking and frivolity. DD seems to have more spring but I hope he has spent time on D.
                              Sam Amico: One NBA GM told me charity games are "absolutely unwatchable. You'd get more for your money at a Harvard-Yale JV game." Twitter
                              Sorry, Joey. I clicked wrong post to reply to. Both were short two liners and I did not proof read.... obviously.

Comment

Working...
                              X