Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waiting List

Early next week I'll have a definite answer on who's coming back from last year. At that point I can send out more invites to all you people on the waiting list. I'll do my best to make everybody happy.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Please add me to the waiting list too...

Post Thanks / Like

Apollo, how far down the waiting list am I, I hope I get in.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't there a second league last year that all these guys can join?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the problem there was I couldn't control the league because I wasn't in it. I don't even know who won the second league because it was made up of mostly non-posters and they we're contributing to the league 2 thread... I suppose I could create and join the second league but I'm holding off on that. Some of these people may be able to join the keeper league, we just need to see how many spots open when we pass the registration deadline at the end of the week. Right now we only have eight people signed up. Maybe some aren't coming back?

Post Thanks / Like

That's true, we'll more than likely have a few no shows from last season. A few guys weren't setting lineups almost all year if I remember correctly.

I'm gonna try a few mock drafts with the salary caps this season, I was really unprepared last season and spent all my bread early on and had to wait for the cheapy's.

I will be keeping D Wade, D Will and Blake though which may hurt again but they're way too good to give up.

Post Thanks / Like

Best be worrying about yourself son because I'm not going down in the first round this time!

Good point on the inactivity. I'll dig back through my notes now because I forgot about inactive teams from last season. By the way, good to have you back again. You always seem to turn out to be one of my biggest rivals in these things.

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I will be keeping D Wade, D Will and Blake though which may hurt again but they're way too good to give up.
    Do you want to franchise one of them or are these all regular keepers?

Post Thanks / Like

Haha we are rivals! You're the regular season guy and I seem to take the playoffs! :P (All by luck of course...)

I think I'll just have them as regular keepers this season, try to build a better team hopefully.

Nothing is worse than inactive managers though. I'm running a football league for $50 a head and I have 14 teams involved. After 2 or 3 weeks people stop caring which hurts people that are actually trying to do well. I'm making my limit 10 teams in these things from now on to say the least...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, this is a big league. 14 teams is going to be a little weird with eight weeks clipped from the schedule. The whole season is only going to be 12 weeks. The playoffs won't be affected by it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Read this if you're new:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/ba...dk2k9_auctions (The article assumes 13 players but ours is 15 players. Same cap number though.)

Also read the first post of this thread at least once.

I recommend you all participate in at least one mock draft auction. There is a link on the main league page @ Yahoo Sports.

Post Thanks / Like

So as a new team manager I will only get to draft from the players that are not protected? Will I even have a chance if I can't get a top 20-30 player in the league? Will the extra money I have over the vets make up the difference?

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the main page there are only eight keepers taken so far and some of them aren't even in the "top 20-30" if you're talking Yahoo Big Board. Also, they each cost a minimum of $30 each. You could draft five very nice players on $30 if you know what you're doing. Not to mention that basketball leagues aren't won by a star player, they're won with depth and balance. You'll have as good a chance as anyone if you draft well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If you look at the main page there are only eight keepers taken so far and some of them aren't even in the "top 20-30" if you're talking Yahoo Big Board. Also, they each cost a minimum of $30 each. You could draft five very nice players on $30 if you know what you're doing. Not to mention that basketball leagues aren't won by a star player, they're won with depth and balance. You'll have as good a chance as anyone if you draft well.
    Just doing a mock draft....starting to make sense

Post Thanks / Like

Good. You'll be able to land multiple stars, it'll just come down to if you want to pay the price.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent out the final two invites. Unless someone from last year who has yet to register steps up immediately they're probably out this season.

Registration deadline for all members is Dec. 11th. Right now we have 12 teams, we can roll with that.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Apollo,
    Not sure if I would have made the cut anyways, but thought I should let you know I won't be able to join the league. I'm going to be out of town the weekend of the 16th and probably won't be home until the early afternoon of the 18th, so I would miss the start of the draft...
    Enjoy the league (ladies and?) gentlemen.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up, it's appreciated. So that's it guys, we're rolling with 12 teams this season and I think it will be great in a shortened schedule.

Keeper deadline is Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Draft Set

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wont to keep Curry and Ellis. I can't decide between Boozer or Gerald Wallace though... (I want to keep one of them).

BTW Can I keep all my guys as normal keepers this year and franchise one next year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I wont to keep Curry and Ellis. I can't decide between Boozer or Gerald Wallace though... (I want to keep one of them).
    I'll slot you in for Curry and Ellis. If I don't hear back again by the end of tomorrow Curry and Ellis will be locked in.

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    BTW Can I keep all my guys as normal keepers this year and franchise one next year?
    Yes you can.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information