Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck Hayes has been cleared to play by independent team of doctors. He is healthy and already negotiating contracts with several teams.

“I’m ecstatic inside,” Hayes told Yahoo! Sports in a phone interview. “It’s a big relief. I have no worries at all. I have a healthy heart. My heart’s fine.

“The doctors just say it’s too big. It’s too big means I have a big heart. I’m a big guy. That’s all it is.”

Hayes and his agent said the Kings remain the front-runners to sign him, but he’s also drawn interest from the Minnesota Timberwolves, Houston Rockets and the San Antonio Spurs. Hayes will obviously still have to pass a physical with any team that signs him.
    Source
    Just added Hayes and dropped Kanter.

However I just read that Utah traded Okur likely to free up PT for Kanter ... hrmm

UPDATE:
    Chuck Hayes update - So… the Kings have signed Hayes again after a second medical opinion cleared him of any serious heart issues. He’s back in as the team’s starting power forward, which means his underrated production puts him back in the top 100, and it’s great news for the development of DeMarcus Cousins, who gets to see how a true professional conducts himself on both ends of the court. In 63 starts last season (30 minutes), Hayes averaged 8.6 points on 54% FG, 8.7 boards, 3.1 assists, 1.2 steals, and 0.7 blocks. Drop Hickson back down a few pegs on your draft sheet, as he’s back to the bench, and move Jason Thompson to the waiver wire.
    Source
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Dec 22nd, 2011 at 10:09 PM.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Thread Information