Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So as a new team manager I will only get to draft from the players that are not protected? Will I even have a chance if I can't get a top 20-30 player in the league? Will the extra money I have over the vets make up the difference?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If you look at the main page there are only eight keepers taken so far and some of them aren't even in the "top 20-30" if you're talking Yahoo Big Board. Also, they each cost a minimum of $30 each. You could draft five very nice players on $30 if you know what you're doing. Not to mention that basketball leagues aren't won by a star player, they're won with depth and balance. You'll have as good a chance as anyone if you draft well.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        If you look at the main page there are only eight keepers taken so far and some of them aren't even in the "top 20-30" if you're talking Yahoo Big Board. Also, they each cost a minimum of $30 each. You could draft five very nice players on $30 if you know what you're doing. Not to mention that basketball leagues aren't won by a star player, they're won with depth and balance. You'll have as good a chance as anyone if you draft well.
        Just doing a mock draft....starting to make sense
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Good. You'll be able to land multiple stars, it'll just come down to if you want to pay the price.

Comment

I sent out the final two invites. Unless someone from last year who has yet to register steps up immediately they're probably out this season.

Registration deadline for all members is Dec. 11th. Right now we have 12 teams, we can roll with that.

Comment

Hey Apollo,
              Not sure if I would have made the cut anyways, but thought I should let you know I won't be able to join the league. I'm going to be out of town the weekend of the 16th and probably won't be home until the early afternoon of the 18th, so I would miss the start of the draft...
              Enjoy the league (ladies and?) gentlemen.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, it's appreciated. So that's it guys, we're rolling with 12 teams this season and I think it will be great in a shortened schedule.

Keeper deadline is Sunday.

Comment

Draft Set

Comment

I wont to keep Curry and Ellis. I can't decide between Boozer or Gerald Wallace though... (I want to keep one of them).

BTW Can I keep all my guys as normal keepers this year and franchise one next year?

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      I wont to keep Curry and Ellis. I can't decide between Boozer or Gerald Wallace though... (I want to keep one of them).
                      I'll slot you in for Curry and Ellis. If I don't hear back again by the end of tomorrow Curry and Ellis will be locked in.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      BTW Can I keep all my guys as normal keepers this year and franchise one next year?
                      Yes you can.

Comment

I'll slot you in for Curry and Ellis. If I don't hear back again by the end of tomorrow Curry and Ellis will be locked in.

Yes you can.
                        Add Boozer and Gerald Wallace as keepers too. I mean I spent 48 on wallace and 28 on boozer last year so w/e. It'll even out.

Comment

I want to keep Wesley Mathews too. lol. 5x30=150. I guess I'll have to draft the rest of the team for $50... Now bad 5 though....

Curry
                          Ellis
                          Boozer (same as below)
                          Wallace (hopefully he can stay healthy)
                          Wesley Mathews

Hopefully Wallace and Mathews don't get the Portland curse.

Edit:

Out of curiosity, why can't we set our own keepers?
                          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Dec 11, 2011, 05:58 AM.

Comment

There is no option in Yahoo Sports to allow you to do it.

This is going to be an interesting draft. Durant, Paul and James are in play.

Comment

There is no option in Yahoo Sports to allow you to do it.

This is going to be an interesting draft. Durant, Paul and James are in play.
                              IDK how Raptors4Ever isn't keeping Durant. Is he even playing? He payed $90 for his last draft...

Comment

He's playing, he responded to the invitation. I'm with you though, it doesn't make sense not to keep him. He might have to spend $60 extra to get him on draft day. Even to franchise the guy he would be paying possibly $40 less.

I sent out a reminder so I did my bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X