Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Wow, I just looked and it seems Yahoo tweeked things a little in light of the mismatch between calendar week and the start of the season. Our league starts in week 8 which is from the 25th to the 1st. It used to be from the 26th to the first. Christmas games are now in play. I wish they announced the change.
    Thanks, I was able to change the start date in my league. I would've been good with week 1 being just the 25th, I've got a full lineup(minus 1) that day!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Actually 8-10... just checked. haha
      G Baron Davis officially signed his free agent contract with the New York Knicks on Monday, but it's unclear when he will get on the court. Davis has a herniated disk in his back that he said could sideline him for 8-10 weeks. But a source close to Davis told ESPNNewYork.com that he could return in 4-6 weeks "if not sooner."
      (Yahoo! Sports)

We will see.

Comment

Joey, sorry if I'm misunderstanding this but I just want to point something out just in case you didn't know where this is your first year in the league. You'll want to have your lineup updated daily in this league. It's not like football where it's once a week. You'll be moving guys in and out of your lineup daily. That doesn't mean you need to log in daily, no, you can set your lineup for the week, month, or even season if you want during on sitting. When you say you're looking for a backup for Horford, really you're looking for a co-starter because at most Horford will probably be in your lineup four times a week and ideally you'll be starting someone else in the slot on nights where Horford doesn't have a game. Again, sorry if you already know this, I just want to make sure everyone gets off to a good start and I don't want to leave anything to chance. Half the league is new and last year a couple guys didn't really understand it all before we got going and lost a couple weeks because of it.
        No need to apologize! I appreciate you looking out for us.

I do understand the basics of it, however I have never played Head-to-Head, so that will certainly be new to me.

Regarding Horford, you are right in correcting the way I had worded that statement.
        But I was basically trying to say that. haha
        I've got me a nice Top-10 Center, but need someone to fill in the spot when he's not in the line-up.
        I'm not fully comfortable with Brendan Haywood being my Co-Center. haha

Pay close attention to the waiver wire. You'll round out your roster in no time.
        Ya, me and Mango just completed a deal for Derozan.
        I'm going to have to pick up a couple guys off Waivers once it goes through.

There is a two day veto window just in case we feel like we wanna pull a "David Stern". A successful veto takes a league majority and so the trade has to be pretty bad for it to get vetoed.
        So if the trade went through this morning, it would 'completed' on Friday morning?

Comment

I think it's after midnight PST. So technically it can take over 48 hours. I think.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            SoftEuro's team is STACKED. Really good drafting, man.
            Thanks I'm not too sure about my chances as I took some chances gambling on the upside of injury prone players (Thomas/ Bynum/Varejao/Brand and players with new or (possibly) increased roles like Maggette/Fernandez/Nene/Afflalo. This can go awfully wrong, but I think I got some sort of identity to start with, without really punting any categories beyond repair.

Don't think I'm a pre-season favourite though (and not only because back spams are already hampering my small forwards).

Comment

Apollo: you get the counter proposal?

Comment

Very, very tempting Matt. I thought about it and I almost made a counter offer but I don't know. I'm kind of worried about Iggy getting traded and the implications of it on his stat line.

Comment

Very, very tempting Matt. I thought about it and I almost made a counter offer but I don't know. I'm kind of worried about Iggy getting traded and the implications of it on his stat line.
                  No worries. If you change your mind the offer stands.

Comment

gonna be a great year!

It totally seems like there are more guys into this year! LOVE THE COMPETITION!

Mack North, I think you actually have the best team right now and luckily i get to play you first. It will be a good test to see how my team stacks up.

I actually think me winning last year was a fluke, so this year i am not looking to re-peat, I am looking to re-fluke Good luck to all! It's gonna be a great year!

Comment

• Soft Euro and gm melo.... I have propositions for you both.

Apollo... offer still stands! lol

Comment

• Chuck Hayes has been cleared to play by independent team of doctors. He is healthy and already negotiating contracts with several teams.

“I’m ecstatic inside,” Hayes told Yahoo! Sports in a phone interview. “It’s a big relief. I have no worries at all. I have a healthy heart. My heart’s fine.

“The doctors just say it’s too big. It’s too big means I have a big heart. I’m a big guy. That’s all it is.”

Hayes and his agent said the Kings remain the front-runners to sign him, but he’s also drawn interest from the Minnesota Timberwolves, Houston Rockets and the San Antonio Spurs. Hayes will obviously still have to pass a physical with any team that signs him.
                        Source
                        Just added Hayes and dropped Kanter.

However I just read that Utah traded Okur likely to free up PT for Kanter ... hrmm

UPDATE:
                        Chuck Hayes update - So… the Kings have signed Hayes again after a second medical opinion cleared him of any serious heart issues. He’s back in as the team’s starting power forward, which means his underrated production puts him back in the top 100, and it’s great news for the development of DeMarcus Cousins, who gets to see how a true professional conducts himself on both ends of the court. In 63 starts last season (30 minutes), Hayes averaged 8.6 points on 54% FG, 8.7 boards, 3.1 assists, 1.2 steals, and 0.7 blocks. Drop Hickson back down a few pegs on your draft sheet, as he’s back to the bench, and move Jason Thompson to the waiver wire.
                        Source
                        Last edited by Joey; Thu Dec 22, 2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• stacked teams may look amazing, but the head-to head matchup is good that way in that if you have good contributors that fill out all the stats, you can still beat a stacked team.

Comment

• It depends on how the team is built as well. You could have a bunch of big names but not hit many stat cats. In that case you might dominate some of the catergories and get murdered in the rest and end up barely keeping your head above water.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Soft Euro and gm melo.... I have propositions for you both.

Apollo... offer still stands! lol
                            I love making deals but I think I'm going to let my team roll for a little while. Nothing has wowed me yet in terms offers but some have been interesting.

I think Noah is going to be a total stud. His price could be much higher by mid January. Ditto for DeAndre Jordan

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              It depends on how the team is built as well. You could have a bunch of big names but not hit many stat cats. In that case you might dominate some of the catergories and get murdered in the rest and end up barely keeping your head above water.

I love making deals but I think I'm going to let my team roll for a little while. Nothing has wowed me yet in terms offers but some have been interesting.

I think Noah is going to be a total stud. His price could be much higher by mid January. Ditto for DeAndre Jordan
                              You've been watching too many Colangelo press conferences and interviews!

Comment

• Can someone better explain to me how the this "Waiver Priority Order" works, Please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X