Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been said before, even by me on this page ... nevertheless, now that we are near the end of the season, I'd like to stress it again:

Thanks to all the other managers, this has been the most fun I've ever had in a fantasy game. It's been so much fun, that I've never been more disappointed by a loss than last week, which somehow is a lot of fun.

(On a sidenote: I do think the reshuffling of play-off seeding, which had me playing first the nr 1 and the next week the nr 2 might be changed, as it would have made me, if I'd won as a nr. 8 seed last week, play the three best teams in a row, while the other finalist has an relatively easy road to the finals, probably is just me being (again) a bad and sour loser).

Before this league I've only played in public (roto) leagues consisting of 10 teams (without turnovers), where normally you only have a few active players, and usually not very good ones at that. This has been a real struggle, which was a real joy. I had to totally re-wire my team, but that went better than I ever expected and had me putting a lot of work analyzing, going from one of the worst 3pt, fg% and to teams to one of the best and making my team competitive in almost any match-up (with my worst projected matchup continually being Drizz as he had the best change of beating me in both % cats (which in my opinion were crucial in most of my projected match-ups).

As not a lot of you guys noticed, I almost pulled of, what I think would have been the trade day of the century in RR's basketball keeper league, as at one point I thought I would succeed in getting both Lebron and Durant at the same day; that would have been something, would have to gut my roster to make that happen, but how about going into next seasons draft with the top 2 players for $ 60!(!!!) (!!!!!!) (and I trust my waiver-wire work to have given me lots of chances this year).

As I (hopingly) predicted in my post about the Walkers: pick-up of the year did indeed become Isaiah Thomas (imo). In the last 30 days he's averaged 16 pts (49% field, 77,6% ft) 3,5 rebounds, 5,4 assists, 1,2 steals, 2,2 turnovers and he has been pretty consistent.

The only downsite playing from Europe against you North-Americans (you know, 'those kind of people') is me missing some information just before the games are played and not being able to adjust my line-up just because I'm usually (on nights before workdays) in bed when the games start; that hurt me a couple of times.

Overall: it's been more than great; the best thing about joining this forum. Hopefully next year we'll have a similar bunch of dedicated managers!

On a last note: thanks Apollo for setting this up, you are now one of my ten most favorite admins on here

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      (On a sidenote: I do think the reshuffling of play-off seeding, which had me playing first the nr 1 and the next week the nr 2 might be changed, as it would have made me, if I'd won as a nr. 8 seed last week, play the three best teams in a row, while the other finalist has an relatively easy road to the finals, probably is just me being (again) a bad and sour loser).
      There is no way to change it.

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      I had to totally re-wire my team, but that went better than I ever expected and had me putting a lot of work analyzing, going from one of the worst 3pt, fg% and to teams to one of the best and making my team competitive in almost any match-up (with my worst projected matchup continually being Drizz as he had the best change of beating me in both % cats (which in my opinion were crucial in most of my projected match-ups).
      Yeah, there is always hope for all teams. I mentioned earlier in the season when Skywalker put out his infamous Power Rankings that all it takes is a few injuries and the whole league is turned upside down. Well, he(1st in the standings) got bumped in round one due to injuries. I was third in the standings and I also got bumped mainly because my team got nailed with injuries in my opinion. The semi-finals features three underdogs. Just goes to show you that the only thing that matters is making the playoffs. Everything else means nothing. It's a brand new day in round one.

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      Overall: it's been more than great; the best thing about joining this forum. Hopefully next year we'll have a similar bunch of dedicated managers!

On a last note: thanks Apollo for setting this up, you are now one of my ten most favorite admins on here
      Bahahaha, you're welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed the league!

Comment

• This year has been a lot of fun.

First time I ever participated in an auction draft. I like it much better than other style.

I play with a bunch of buddies every year in another fantasy league. We play with a win awarded for winning at least 5 of the categories. Every year I have killed it in the regular season (always finishing 1st or 2nd) only to lose in the first round of playoffs. This year, I finished 6th after starting the year 0-4 and am now playing in the finals in that league too (no offense but I care a little more about that one as there is $120 riding on it - although I've already guaranteed $60 as I'll finish 2nd no matter what).

Anyways, my point besides pointing out I am awesome, is once the playoffs come, anything can happen.

I look forward to next year regardless of what happens in the finals.

Comment

• Sigh, 4th against his year. Hopefully I'm not 4th again next year.

What sucks most is that dropping Wesley Matthews (who was playing trash when I dropped him (like a day before Gerald Wallace got traded) bit me in the ass. That and Gerald Wallace being hurt all this week. Ran into bad luck with injuries all throughout the playoffs.
          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Apr 15, 2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Congrats to Matt, the new champion!

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              Sigh, 4th against his year. Hopefully I'm not 4th again next year.

What sucks most is that dropping Wesley Matthews (who was playing trash when I dropped him (like a day before Gerald Wallace got traded) bit me in the ass. That and Gerald Wallace being hurt all this week. Ran into bad luck with injuries all throughout the playoffs.
              Yeah, if you had Matthews instead of me even for only today, you would have won this matchup; it's mostly a good idea to wait a day until after the trade deadline (salt, rubbing ...).

I think everybody got hurt by injuries (it cost me a spot in the final with injuries to Calderon, Nene and Tony Allen; but then again, all my opponents had similar problems in the playoffs and usually with higher ranked players).

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                I think everybody got hurt by injuries (it cost me a spot in the final with injuries to Calderon, Nene and Tony Allen; but then again, all my opponents had similar problems in the playoffs and usually with higher ranked players).
                I experienced a big injury hit losing Billups and Bogut in the regular season, but injuries KILLED me in the first round vs Soft Euro. DRose missed 4, Ray Allen misses 4, And Pekovic, Jarret Jack and Carl Landry missed 1 each.

Nevertheless it was a fantastic year! It's been a lot of fun!

Congrats Matt! You had a great year and deserve the win... but i want my trophy back!!! haha

Now the conversation turns to keepers.. who's everyone keeping???

Comment

• I pretty much dropped anyone who I'd keep because of injuries so I'm probably just going to start form scratch next season.

Comment

• Thanks for congrats.

Keepers?

Most likely Josh Smith and that is it.

Comment

• Congrats Matt on earning a big fat bulls eye. We're officially gunning for ya now!

Comment

• Indeed, Congrats Matt! Very solid season.

I'll definitely be keeping Durant and Paul.

Have to wait and see about Horford, and how his recovery goes.
                        I kept him all year, so it'd be dumb not to I guess .. haha

Comment

• Way to go Matt, congrats on the big win!

Comment

• I just realized this exact thing happend last year. I lost in the 2nd round to the person that won the league than lost in the 3rd place game. :/

Comment

• I'm not sure who to keep.
                              My main candidates are David Lee, Paul Millsap, Serge Ibaka and Kyrie Irving. Even Pierce again because he was an animal this season.

Comment

• You probably want to consider what the price of a keeper is and then ask yourself what price your guys would go at auction.

Comment

Working...
                                X