Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I happy where I am so far. Baron Davis just returned to practice and so I added him to my team.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I happy where I am so far. Baron Davis just returned to practice and so I added him to my team.
      Damn you by the way. lol

I was about to add him this morning, got tied up at work, when I got around to adding/dropping you had him picked up. So again, damn you (joking, well not really, but you know, haha).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Damn you by the way. lol

I was about to add him this morning, got tied up at work, when I got around to adding/dropping you had him picked up. So again, damn you (joking, well not really, but you know, haha).
        Lol, that's too bad. I tried to add him last night but wasn't allowed because I had made 4 moves already. I figured I was gonna get burned because of it.

Comment

• I am off to a disappointing start. I have to remember I am in building mode :-) I will have some carry over for next year with some keepers and will balance out with the draft much better.

Hit me up for a trade, I am open to almost anything reasonable.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Strangely enough (because of my record...) I'm not too dissapointed with my team. The first week were terrible, but generally things are looking up. Brand is starting to play a bit better (probably wasn't in too good of shape), Westbrook got his contract, Tyrus Thomas seems finally (somewhat) healthy and I got James(!). The next couple of weeks there are some interesting questions which will decide whether The Softies have a chance to compete with the topteams. Such as: what will be the role of Shumpert when Baron Davis is going to start; will he switch to sg and what will his usage be? How about Marreese Speight? Will Devon Harris be traded (and where). Will Calderon stay fit and keep starting?

The end of the season is going to be intesting. During the last weeks of the season when we will be in the play-offs, how many good players are going to get a rest? How many more injuries will there be?

Nevertheless, don't think I got a chance at first place in the end. Someone like Skywalker has even got an injured Ginobili (picked up after Drizz dropped him) on the bench and doesn't need him to play to rack up wins.

Comment

• I'm really happy that I landed another keeper in Rubio. I felt strongly he would have a good season but I'll admit I didn't think he would on this level right out of the gate. I'll have some tough choices come next years draft the way this is playing out.

Comment

• That was a good pick indeed. I wonder what his value will be next year however, he might be right around that keeper price. I had a pretty long list with breakout candidates; got two of them. Afflalo is really disappointing so far and I got Bynum, but traded him already in my blockbuster deal for Lebron. A couple other I didn't get are doing really well, like Gallinaro and Harden who are doing really well, Skywalker really did a good job drafting those two (instead of Afflalo ...). I think Ryan Anderson was the steal of the draft (RaptorsFan4Life for $1!) and I consider my waver wire pickup of Shumpert as the pick-up of the year so far. Your new guy can screw that up for me however.

Comment

• Well he's ranked around 30th right now so he's worth the $30 price tag.

JJ Redick is in the running with Shumpert.

Comment

• What do you guys think of the trade between skywalker and wjf?

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      What do you guys think of the trade between skywalker and wjf?
                      Skywalker is getting a very good deal.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Skywalker is getting a very good deal.
                        Yes, I think it's a pretty unbalanced deal and we might have to pull a Stern.

Comment

• WJF and I had been counter offering each others trades, working on this deals for over 4 hours yesterday. In Fantasy, gallo is the better player as he beats Rose in 6 out of 9 stat categories, and is rated higher than Rose because of it. (Gallo is also less injury prone) Since this deal allows WJF to drop someone like Casspi or Beaseley (who's giving him virtually nothing right now) it makes his team better. So why am I making a deal giving up the better fantasy player? I have LOTS of SF's and wanted to move one for a PG. At the end of the season Gallo will be a keeper as will rose. Kidd won't be a keeper but he is a veteran PG and a great role player who is does fill up a stat sheet nicely.

I have no problem with a trade being cancelled if everyone feels this is an unbalanced deal. However, I just wanted to share my logic on the deal and ask everyone to look beyond the name and look at the numbers. Fantasy is about numbers.

Comment

• Ya I'm with Skywalker on this one. Gallo is #6 rated Player right now according to ESPNs Player Rater, and will certainly garner "Keeper" status by Seasons end.

Rose has hardly been playing all year, and I totally why get WJF would look to move.
                            I'd look to CP3 if I could get a Top 6 SF for him. He just hasn't been playing enough to garner the spot.

Its a fine deal in my opinion.
                            Won't hear any griping from me.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              What do you guys think of the trade between skywalker and wjf?
                              I put my veto in on it. I can't tell you guys what to do but I don't think it's fair. Half the league needs to veto for the trade to be stopped.

skywalker wrote: View Post
                              WJF and I had been counter offering each others trades, working on this deals for over 4 hours yesterday. In Fantasy, gallo is the better player as he beats Rose in 6 out of 9 stat categories, and is rated higher than Rose because of it. (Gallo is also less injury prone)
                              I have to say that it's a breath of fresh air to see someone do such a selfless act like take Rose off WJF's hands. Perhaps you could help me by taking Dwight Howard off my hands for JaVale McGee? I'm mean McGee is ranked higher and a higher ranking helps me win, end of story.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Ya I'm with Skywalker on this one. Gallo is #6 rated Player right now according to ESPNs Player Rater, and will certainly garner "Keeper" status by Seasons end.

Rose has hardly been playing all year, and I totally why get WJF would look to move.
                              I'd look to CP3 if I could get a Top 6 SF for him. He just hasn't been playing enough to garner the spot.

Its a fine deal in my opinion.
                              Won't hear any griping from me.
                              That's a very shortsighted view. Rose is obviously the better long term fantasy player. Skywalker is near the top of the standings. He's not worried about making the playoffs so he can sit on a guy who is not living up to potential at the moment. He's banking on Rose living up to potential by playoffs and I feel that's a very safe bet. I also feel by that point the trade will look obviously mismatched in the weekly rankings and not just by thinking big picture.

Comment

• I'm totally with Apollo on this, I'm vetoing this one as well. It doesn't really affect me, as I'm not one of the contenders, but it's just not even close to a fair trade (for obivous reasons). I get Skywalker selling this trade, but really "So why am I making a deal giving up the better fantasy player?".

Just a side note: Skywalker, you make it seem like Rose is very injury prone; he missed something like 3 games in the last three seasons; Gallinari missed about 20 last year (and almost every Denver starter but him has already been injured this season).

Comment

Working...
                                X