Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    The dynasty league is what I thought a keeper league was, I would love to be part of it. The initial draft of current players could be done early, then do the rookies before the league starts. Sign me up!
    I like the idea a lot too. Would totally love it if you have capspace to work with and can trade for picks etc. That might be too farfetched though.

Post Thanks / Like

I will put something together to have one Dynasty draft before the season starts. I think we could do it in one draft for the first year simply because it's faster and it requires more ability when tough choices pop up( impact player vs. high profile rookie).

I will announce when the leagues is set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I will put something together to have one Dynasty draft before the season starts. I think we could do it in one draft for the first year simply because it's faster and it requires more ability when tough choices pop up( impact player vs. high profile rookie).

I will announce when the leagues is set up.
    Great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Great!
    Sooo what?! You're not in the Keeper League anymore?! Pfft, fine then!
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Sooo what?! You're not in the Keeper League anymore?! Pfft, fine then!
    Just as is possible with the NFL Dynasty league (if I'm correct?) I'm assuming/hoping to be in both leagues. No way in hell I'm not going to be in the Keeper League. I'm predicting us to face off in the finals (baring injuries and terrible drafts). You thought I was going to make it easy on you did you? Better prepare yourself and get yourself in fantasy shape!

Post Thanks / Like

Just as is possible with the NFL Dynasty league (if I'm correct?) I'm assuming/hoping to be in both leagues.
    Fair enough. If thats the case (and if theres room) I might have to look into it. Although, one team is more than enough stress for my liking!

No way in hell I'm not going to be in the Keeper League. I'm predicting us to face off in the finals (baring injuries and terrible drafts). You thought I was going to make it easy on you did you? Better prepare yourself and get yourself in fantasy shape!
    HAH!
    I was going to say!
    If you're giving up that line-up, then I'm sure the vultures will be happy to pick up your 'scraps'!

Ya next year should be pretty exciting. Certainly looking forward to a better showing from my boys.
    CP3 was injured too much at the beginning of the year. Not to mention I didn't even have Horford!

And don't you worry, I'll be entering that draft looking to form the Baddest Big-3 EVER created!

That DRose for Gallinari trade is starting to look better and better!
    Whens he even going to be back?!
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

And don't you worry, I'll be entering that draft looking to form the Baddest Big-3 EVER created!
    So, we're on the roughly the same strategy; I decided shortly after the trade for Lebron that I didn't want any other keeper but him and Westbrook (unless it was someone from the top 10/15) to keep enough money at the draft to get my Big-3 (or 4).

[Smack Talk]But unlike you I like my big players to be healthy. I can't remember what injury problem Chris Paul was having recently. Was it a sprained thumb, a strained hamstring, a strained groin or was it a hip problem? I don't remember; maybe I was thinking of when he had his meniscus removed.

Now there is a solid choice for a keeper.

Luckily he takes it slow this summer; oh no, wait, he is playing at the Olympics. Wow, bummer. Better start thinking of some good lines to post here about how unlucky you are when Paul goes down next season, and you know it ain't gonna be no IF, it's a WHEN![/Smack Talk]

Post Thanks / Like

[Smack Talk]But unlike you I like my big players to be healthy. I can't remember what injury problem Chris Paul was having recently. Was it a sprained thumb, a strained hamstring, a strained groin or was it a hip problem? I don't remember; maybe I was thinking of when he had his meniscus removed.

Now there is a solid choice for a keeper.

Luckily he takes it slow this summer; oh no, wait, he is playing at the Olympics. Wow, bummer. Better start thinking of some good lines to post here about how unlucky you are when Paul goes down next season, and you know it ain't gonna be no IF, it's a WHEN![/Smack Talk]
    BAHAHAHA
    Priceless.

You're just pissed that my PG will be starting over your PG for the Olympics. Jealous much??

Might want to pick up Jose Calderon in the draft; you'll be needing someone to balace out the Assists and Turnover catergories.

Post Thanks / Like

BAHAHAHA
    Priceless.

You're just pissed that my PG will be starting over your PG for the Olympics. Jealous much??
    You know those stats on the Olympic team don't count towards our fantasy league right ... (Rest, Russell, Rest). And yes, Paul is going to start, but with him, you never know who's going to finish (you know why already, not going to rub it in, you know, that he is so injury prone; I'm even willing to bet that you don't want to bet that Paul will play all Olympic games).

Might want to pick up Jose Calderon in the draft; you'll be needing someone to balace out the Assists and Turnover catergories.
    That kinda hurts, don't start getting mean here Joey. Because I did that last year and in the semi-finals I had him in my line-up one of the last days and he didn't play. If he had played (or if I had inserted Afflalo instead) I almost certainly would have won that match-up and moved on to the finals.

Btw; after I rebuilt my team I went from the most terrible turnover team in fantasy history (only a slight exaggeration) towards actually being one of the better turnover teams. It helped that Westbrook improved quite a lot during the year on turnovers (... looking up his stats now ..................). 4,2 pre-allstar and 3,0 post-allstar. My guys can handle that.

Oh, another btw: did you know Durant ranked 3th in turnovers last year? He lost the ball more than either LeBron or Westbrook and actually regressed during the season; he lost the ball more post-allstar than before for a whopping 3,9 times a game (I hear you thinking: "Wait a minute, isn't Westbrook supposed to be the incredible turnover man?").

So ... (...)

Post Thanks / Like

That kinda hurts, don't start getting mean here Joey. Because I did that last year and in the semi-finals I had him in my line-up one of the last days and he didn't play. If he had played (or if I had inserted Afflalo instead) I almost certainly would have won that match-up and moved on to the finals.
    Hahaha Added burn! (since I didn't actually know that)

But quasi-apologies .. that would sting a little.

Oh, another btw: did you know Durant ranked 3th in turnovers last year? He lost the ball more than either LeBron or Westbrook and actually regressed during the season; he lost the ball more post-allstar than before for a whopping 3,9 times a game (I hear you thinking: "Wait a minute, isn't Westbrook supposed to be the incredible turnover man?").
    Thats what happens when you're Franchise Sharp Shooter is forced to play Facilitator/Point Guard; because your Point Guard doesn't want too.

Post Thanks / Like

It's gonna be a fun season if we both do well

Post Thanks / Like

Ya seriously. Next season couldn't start sooner!

Am excited to see how many people we manage to get back from last season.
    Could be the difference between a stacked Draft, and an empty one.

I'm pretty pumped for the draft. Will have my Big Board and everything set up! haha

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping we'll get good interest again. Last year we had a pretty good league. Better than most.

Post Thanks / Like

well I am down for the keeper league again, and I really want in on the dynasty league as well.

Raptors Republic Rookie skywalker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in! And i promise i won't make any predictions! HAHA

Post Thanks / Like

Betcha Ross is the Costliest Rookie in the upcoming Draft. Hah

Am curious to see what kind of money people are willing to spend on the Rooks.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm hoping we'll get good interest again. Last year we had a pretty good league. Better than most.
    Count me in for whatever.

I have been shopping for some new high collared shirts.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Softie and Joey:

You know I won right?

*jk - couldn't resist*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Softie and Joey:

You know I won right?

*jk - couldn't resist*
    Hehe, yeah, but you don't count, because you didn't really care about winning...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Softie and Joey:

You know I won right?

*jk - couldn't resist*
    Pfft, I laugh at your proven methods and balanced attack!! Muahaha

You will see Matthew .. you may have won the Battle .. but the War has just begun!

*Smoke Bomb!!*

Thread Information