Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides CP3 and Durant, I'm not sure anyone on my roster is worth keeping.

I had intended to keep Horford, but now I'm not so sure I couldn't get a better C in the draft.

Ilyasova has been playing really well as a Starter for Milwaukee. If they keep him in the Starting Five, he might be worth considering. Dudes been a walking Double-Double for me.
    Buut I doubt it.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      The big thing about making Rubio a keeper for 2012/13 is that I would get to have him again after that....but he may not even be back by then, who knows.
      You might run into a scenario where you pay $30 for Rubio as a keeper and then a better fantasy PG goes for $20 in the auction. It's not just a matter of asking the question "is he a keeper", it's also a matter of asking the question is he worth a keeper right now or could I buy him at auction for less? I went with the later because I'd rather spend the roster spot on people who can help now and I'd rather spend my 2012 draft money on picks which are of high value, not high cost. After what just happened I don't think Rubio is a $30 player.

I'm in it to win it next year... And hopefully this year although my chances were hurt a little due to this injury.

Comment

• I'm definitely keeping D Wade, Blake, and D Will again. DMC is on the bubble, I think he's on the verge of becoming an excellent player.

Comment

• And since I've maintained 3 Raptors on my Roster throughout the Entire Season, I think it's only fair that I get the team name of "The Joey Raptors" from this day forward.

James Johnson and Amir have been a great source of Blocks and Steals for me all season.
          Have been pleasantly surprised with how consistent JJ has played all year.

Not so impressed with Derozans Up & Down play all year. Especially since I traded Mango three guys to get him. Including Faried, who turned out to be a stud.
          Last edited by Joey; Sat Mar 24, 2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            And since I've maintained 3 Raptors on my Roster throughout the Entire Season, I think it's only fair that I get the team name of "The Joey Raptors" from this day forward.

James Johnson and Amir have been a great source of Blocks and Steals for me all season.
            Have been pleasantly surprised with how consistent JJ has played all year.

Not so impressed with Derozans Up & Down play all year. Especially since I traded Mango three guys to get him. Including Faried, who turned out to be a stud.

Comment

• Good season!

I just wanted to say job well done to everybody. Regardless if you're going to make the post season or not, it's great to see that everyone stayed active to the very end. That's rare and it makes for a much more interesting season. Even if you're out it's fun to play spoiler in the final weeks.

Comment

• Indeed, been a lot of fun so far; only Mangokid gave up and didn't set up his roster anymore.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I just wanted to say job well done to everybody. Regardless if you're going to make the post season or not, it's great to see that everyone stayed active to the very end. That's rare and it makes for a much more interesting season. Even if you're out it's fun to play spoiler in the final weeks.
                  I agree Apollo! Much greater degree of participation down the stretch! Its been a really fun season and it's about to get intense! Even though i made predictions earlier, it's honestly anyone's game! We've got a great crop of managers here!

Comment

• Was just reading an article on Ersan Ilyasova, saying that "in a Top 5 Keeper League" he would definitely be a keeper.
                    Whats the difference between Top 5 Keeper, and what we are doing now?
                    Is that where you HAVE to keep 5 players?

Comment

• And yes, I fully agree. Has been a great year! And I would contend that Mango had NOT given up. He was setting lineups when we were playing just last week. I think.
                      Anyway, has been a lot of fun, and I look forward to getting a couple upsets in the Playoffs.
                      Next year should be even better!

Comment

And yes, I fully agree. Has been a great year! And I would contend that Mango had NOT given up. He was setting lineups when we were playing just last week. I think.
                        Anyway, has been a lot of fun, and I look forward to getting a couple upsets in the Playoffs.
                        Next year should be even better!
                        Might be my bad. Sorry Mangokid, might have been only the week we played.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I've been putting some thought into how to structure the keepers. Here is what we'll do:
                          • Each returning team can use a keeper tag on as many players as they want as long as they fit within the cap.
                          • Each player can be tagged as a keeper twice (ie: you draft the player, you play the season and then you use your keeper tag on the player so that he returns to your team the following season. You can do this two times and as such this will result in you being able to hold a player on your roster for up to three seasons. The keeper tag merely allows you to bypass the draft on a particular player twice.
                          • Each team can franchise keeper tag one player. The franchise keeper tag allows you to keep a player for an unlimited amount of time. The catch here is to use the franchise tag again in the future on a different player you must either trade your current franchise player, drop the player or relinquish your rights to the player during the off-season.
                          • You can choose to not use a keeper tag or a franchise keeper tag. A player who has been keeper tagged can be franchise tagged later provided you don't have a franchise keeper on roster.

I'd love to get feedback on this franchise keeper tag as I've never heard of it used elsewhere in a keeper league.
                          Was just reading through the original "CBA" for the Season and found this.
                          In terms of feedback, I think the system is great! Allows for excitement to carry over year-to-year, and is very fair I'd say.

Found the "Franchise Player" tag system very interesting. Hadn't seen it earlier.
                          If this is the case, then I've got to choose between CP3 and Durant of who earns that tag.

Comment

Was just reading through the original "CBA" for the Season and found this.
                            In terms of feedback, I think the system is great! Allows for excitement to carry over year-to-year, and is very fair I'd say.

Found the "Franchise Player" tag system very interesting. Hadn't seen it earlier.
                            If this is the case, then I've got to choose between CP3 and Durant of who earns that tag.
                            You can use the keeper tag for both this season and next season, if I read it correctly. You don't have to use the franchise tag, this only starts if you want to keep this player through 2014-2015, which is way in the future

And don't worry, I already thought about that in case we both still play by then. If Lebron and Durant still play as well as they do know by that year (and I expect they will), I will offer you Lebron straight for Durant, probably already at the beginning of 2013-2014 so we can adjust our teams accordingly, and we can both save $20 by keeper-tagging them for another 2 times (our opponents will love that...)

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              You can use the keeper tag for both this season and next season, if I read it correctly. You don't have to use the franchise tag, this only starts if you want to keep this player through 2014-2015, which is way in the future

And don't worry, I already thought about that in case we both still play by then. If Lebron and Durant still play as well as they do know by that year (and I expect they will), I will offer you Lebron straight for Durant, probably already at the beginning of 2013-2014 so we can adjust our teams accordingly, and we can both save $20 by keeper-tagging them for another 2 times (our opponents will love that...)
                              Bahahah You HAVE been thinking about this ... sounds awfully sneaky ... lets continue this conversation in PM. hahah

*Only kidding fellow managers*

Comment

Bahahah You HAVE been thinking about this ... sounds awfully sneaky ... lets continue this conversation in PM. hahah

*Only kidding fellow managers*
                                Yes, I did think about this almost immediately after getting James in trade, and yes ... yes ... only kidding ...

Comment

Working...
                                X