Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    You probably want to consider what the price of a keeper is and then ask yourself what price your guys would go at auction.
    This is my dilemma with Horford. I'm not sure if I can see someone paying $30 for him next year in the draft ...

Comment

• I need to assemble my front office and make some hard choices this off-season!
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        This is my dilemma with Horford. I'm not sure if I can see someone paying $30 for him next year in the draft ...
        I'd pay at least $31 for him.

Comment

You probably want to consider what the price of a keeper is and then ask yourself what price your guys would go at auction.
          That isn't the only thing... it's whether you want to guarantee that guy on your team next season or be prepared to pay up to and over $30 in the auction for the player.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            You paid $37 for him last season.

Comment

You paid $37 for him last season.
              Which was before his season ending Should Injury.

No idea if he comes back at anywhere close to 100%.

Comment

• Very true but last I heard he was working towards making a return by the end of the season. Has this changed?

Comment

Very true but last I heard he was working towards making a return by the end of the season. Has this changed?
                  Nope. They are talking about him returning for the season finale.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Nope. They are talking about him returning for the season finale.

Maybe it has changed, via HoopsHype.com:

Hawks forward Al Horford tells Yahoo! Sports he does not expect to play in the postseason due to pectoral injury. "I don't feel like it is realistic that I can play for the playoffs," Horford said. "Obviously, if we advance and start going we will see. But as of right now the way I feel I think I am out for the playoffs." Sulia

Comment

• I can't think of anyone who has been forced to retire or who has had their career shortened due to an injury prone pec.

Comment

• I saw a headline this morning that Al now plans to play in the post season.

Comment

I saw a headline this morning that Al now plans to play in the post season.
                          Indeed. At least this way I'll have a chance to evaluate his play before the draft. Or whenever the Keeper Deadline is. (when is that?)

Hours after Atlanta Hawks forward-center Al Horford expressed doubt he'd be ready for the playoffs due to injury, a doctor convinced Horford he could play in a limited fashion in Thursday's regular-season finale against the Dallas Mavericks.

Horford was expected to be out three to four months after undergoing surgery Jan. 11 for a torn left pectoral muscle. The two-time All-Star told Yahoo! Sports after practice Monday morning he didn't feel it was "realistic that I can play for the playoffs." But after meeting later with his surgeon, Dr. Xavier Duralde of Atlanta, he felt confident with a return Thursday, starting with "about 15 minutes" per game.

Al Horford hasn't played in a game since Jan. 11. "You got to look for the people that have your best interest," Horford told Yahoo! Sports. "This is the guy that performed my surgery. He gave me the OK. I'm feeling pretty good about it now. He just said, 'You're going to be limited. That's all. You can go out there and play limited time.' That's kind of why I'm back in there."

Source
                          It actually also says in there that he'll be playing for Domincan Republic this summer from July 2-8. So that will be a nice showing as well, to see if he's worth $30+ again.
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 24, 2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• They need to stop toying with my emotions!

Hawks' Horford ruled out for first round of playoffs

ATLANTA (AP) -- Hawks center Al Horford says he's definitely out for the first-round playoff series against Boston.

Horford has missed most of the season recovering from surgery to repair a torn left pectoral muscle.

After practicing four-on-four earlier in the week, Horford was optimistic about returning to face the Celtics. But he conceded that his left arm just isn't strong enough to endure the wear-and-tear of a grueling playoff series.

Horford is still hoping to play in the second round if the Hawks advance.

Source

Comment

• It's like they don't care that this stuff greatly affects fantasy organizations.

Comment

It's like they don't care that this stuff greatly affects fantasy organizations.
                                Hahahaha I know, right?!

Comment

Working...
                                X