Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 303

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Real glad to see wee have some people that are gonna take this seriously!

    Anyone want Wilson Chandler before he goes on waivers tomorrow let me know!!! haha bonehead last buy that was... Hopefully I get my guy.

  2. #82
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Actually 8-10... just checked. haha
    In Masai we Trust.

  3. #83
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yo Raptor4Ever I just accepted your proposed trade and it didn't work?! haha

    You cancel it?
    In Masai we Trust.

  4. #84
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Yo Raptor4Ever I just accepted your proposed trade and it didn't work?! haha

    You cancel it?
    You've gotta wait for it to be approved. It's always like a two day waiting period.

  5. #85
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Interesting. But I actually got an email saying he canceled it too .. :S haha

    Check yours. Just sent a proposal. You've got yourself a VERY nice team, Sir.

    Feel free to counter. Wasn't sure what you'd want.
    In Masai we Trust.

  6. #86
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I've already got Horford, but I'd like to get him some back up.
    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Euro's got Devin Harris on the bench ... hahaha
    Joey, sorry if I'm misunderstanding this but I just want to point something out just in case you didn't know where this is your first year in the league. You'll want to have your lineup updated daily in this league. It's not like football where it's once a week. You'll be moving guys in and out of your lineup daily. That doesn't mean you need to log in daily, no, you can set your lineup for the week, month, or even season if you want during on sitting. When you say you're looking for a backup for Horford, really you're looking for a co-starter because at most Horford will probably be in your lineup four times a week and ideally you'll be starting someone else in the slot on nights where Horford doesn't have a game. Again, sorry if you already know this, I just want to make sure everyone gets off to a good start and I don't want to leave anything to chance. Half the league is new and last year a couple guys didn't really understand it all before we got going and lost a couple weeks because of it.

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Everyone on my roster is on the block except for Durant, Paul and Horford.
    Pay close attention to the waiver wire. You'll round out your roster in no time.

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    SoftEuro's team is STACKED. Really good drafting, man.
    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    There are some MAD stacked teams up in this league. Damn.
    It's going to be a real challenge this season. Looks like we have some really good managers on board.


    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    You've gotta wait for it to be approved. It's always like a two day waiting period.
    Mack has it right:

    League settings

    There is a two day veto window just in case we feel like we wanna pull a "David Stern". A successful veto takes a league majority and so the trade has to be pretty bad for it to get vetoed.

  7. #87
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Interesting. But I actually got an email saying he canceled it too .. :S haha

    Check yours. Just sent a proposal. You've got yourself a VERY nice team, Sir.

    Feel free to counter. Wasn't sure what you'd want.
    Ok, I didn't realize he had cancelled it as well. But when you make a trade and it's accepted, there's generally a waiting period of a day or two in case other managers want to "disallow" the trade or if the Commissioner disallows it. I can't remember how we do this one...

    As far as trades go for me, I'm quite happy with my team as is but I'm always listening. Just not to your first offer! =P

    And just as and add on to Apollo's post(#86), once you make a move during the week(ie. adding/dropping player) it will reset your lineup back to default for the rest of the week. So once you make a move be sure to adjust your lineup for the following days accordingly. You'll get used to it pretty quickly I'm sure if you don't know the system already...

  8. #88
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looking over Skywalker's team. Dude is going to be a tough person to take down again this year.

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    And just as and add on to Apollo's post(#86), once you make a move during the week(ie. adding/dropping player) it will reset your lineup back to default for the rest of the week. So once you make a move be sure to adjust your lineup for the following days accordingly. You'll get used to it pretty quickly I'm sure if you don't know the system already...
    Excellent point Mack. People should always review their future lineups after a roster change.

  9. #89
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Our league will kick off on December 26th. There was no practical way to work in the Christmas games, sorry.
    I'm running another league and I selected to start on Week 9, I'm trying to figure it out but I'm hoping that is the 26th? Can you confirm this Apollo? I see where it shows our league starting on Week 8 so I'm a little confused, I don't want to miss a week in this shortened season.

  10. #90
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, I just looked and it seems Yahoo tweeked things a little in light of the mismatch between calendar week and the start of the season. Our league starts in week 8 which is from the 25th to the 1st. It used to be from the 26th to the first. Christmas games are now in play. I wish they announced the change.

  11. #91
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Wow, I just looked and it seems Yahoo tweeked things a little in light of the mismatch between calendar week and the start of the season. Our league starts in week 8 which is from the 25th to the 1st. It used to be from the 26th to the first. Christmas games are now in play. I wish they announced the change.
    Thanks, I was able to change the start date in my league. I would've been good with week 1 being just the 25th, I've got a full lineup(minus 1) that day!

  12. #92
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Actually 8-10... just checked. haha
    G Baron Davis officially signed his free agent contract with the New York Knicks on Monday, but it's unclear when he will get on the court. Davis has a herniated disk in his back that he said could sideline him for 8-10 weeks. But a source close to Davis told ESPNNewYork.com that he could return in 4-6 weeks "if not sooner."
    (Yahoo! Sports)

    We will see.

  13. #93
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Joey, sorry if I'm misunderstanding this but I just want to point something out just in case you didn't know where this is your first year in the league. You'll want to have your lineup updated daily in this league. It's not like football where it's once a week. You'll be moving guys in and out of your lineup daily. That doesn't mean you need to log in daily, no, you can set your lineup for the week, month, or even season if you want during on sitting. When you say you're looking for a backup for Horford, really you're looking for a co-starter because at most Horford will probably be in your lineup four times a week and ideally you'll be starting someone else in the slot on nights where Horford doesn't have a game. Again, sorry if you already know this, I just want to make sure everyone gets off to a good start and I don't want to leave anything to chance. Half the league is new and last year a couple guys didn't really understand it all before we got going and lost a couple weeks because of it.
    No need to apologize! I appreciate you looking out for us.

    I do understand the basics of it, however I have never played Head-to-Head, so that will certainly be new to me.

    Regarding Horford, you are right in correcting the way I had worded that statement.
    But I was basically trying to say that. haha
    I've got me a nice Top-10 Center, but need someone to fill in the spot when he's not in the line-up.
    I'm not fully comfortable with Brendan Haywood being my Co-Center. haha

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Pay close attention to the waiver wire. You'll round out your roster in no time.
    Ya, me and Mango just completed a deal for Derozan.
    I'm going to have to pick up a couple guys off Waivers once it goes through.

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    There is a two day veto window just in case we feel like we wanna pull a "David Stern". A successful veto takes a league majority and so the trade has to be pretty bad for it to get vetoed.
    So if the trade went through this morning, it would 'completed' on Friday morning?
    In Masai we Trust.

  14. #94
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think it's after midnight PST. So technically it can take over 48 hours. I think.

  15. #95
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    SoftEuro's team is STACKED. Really good drafting, man.
    Thanks I'm not too sure about my chances as I took some chances gambling on the upside of injury prone players (Thomas/ Bynum/Varejao/Brand and players with new or (possibly) increased roles like Maggette/Fernandez/Nene/Afflalo. This can go awfully wrong, but I think I got some sort of identity to start with, without really punting any categories beyond repair.

    Don't think I'm a pre-season favourite though (and not only because back spams are already hampering my small forwards).

  16. #96
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Apollo: you get the counter proposal?

  17. #97
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very, very tempting Matt. I thought about it and I almost made a counter offer but I don't know. I'm kind of worried about Iggy getting traded and the implications of it on his stat line.

  18. #98
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Very, very tempting Matt. I thought about it and I almost made a counter offer but I don't know. I'm kind of worried about Iggy getting traded and the implications of it on his stat line.
    No worries. If you change your mind the offer stands.

  19. #99
    Raptors Republic Starter skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default gonna be a great year!

    It totally seems like there are more guys into this year! LOVE THE COMPETITION!

    Mack North, I think you actually have the best team right now and luckily i get to play you first. It will be a good test to see how my team stacks up.

    I actually think me winning last year was a fluke, so this year i am not looking to re-peat, I am looking to re-fluke Good luck to all! It's gonna be a great year!

  20. #100
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Soft Euro and gm melo.... I have propositions for you both.

    Apollo... offer still stands! lol

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •