Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck Hayes has been cleared to play by independent team of doctors. He is healthy and already negotiating contracts with several teams.

“I’m ecstatic inside,” Hayes told Yahoo! Sports in a phone interview. “It’s a big relief. I have no worries at all. I have a healthy heart. My heart’s fine.

“The doctors just say it’s too big. It’s too big means I have a big heart. I’m a big guy. That’s all it is.”

Hayes and his agent said the Kings remain the front-runners to sign him, but he’s also drawn interest from the Minnesota Timberwolves, Houston Rockets and the San Antonio Spurs. Hayes will obviously still have to pass a physical with any team that signs him.
    Source
    Just added Hayes and dropped Kanter.

However I just read that Utah traded Okur likely to free up PT for Kanter ... hrmm

UPDATE:
    Chuck Hayes update - So… the Kings have signed Hayes again after a second medical opinion cleared him of any serious heart issues. He’s back in as the team’s starting power forward, which means his underrated production puts him back in the top 100, and it’s great news for the development of DeMarcus Cousins, who gets to see how a true professional conducts himself on both ends of the court. In 63 starts last season (30 minutes), Hayes averaged 8.6 points on 54% FG, 8.7 boards, 3.1 assists, 1.2 steals, and 0.7 blocks. Drop Hickson back down a few pegs on your draft sheet, as he’s back to the bench, and move Jason Thompson to the waiver wire.
    Source
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Dec 22nd, 2011 at 10:09 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

stacked teams may look amazing, but the head-to head matchup is good that way in that if you have good contributors that fill out all the stats, you can still beat a stacked team.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on how the team is built as well. You could have a bunch of big names but not hit many stat cats. In that case you might dominate some of the catergories and get murdered in the rest and end up barely keeping your head above water.

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Soft Euro and gm melo.... I have propositions for you both.

Apollo... offer still stands! lol
    I love making deals but I think I'm going to let my team roll for a little while. Nothing has wowed me yet in terms offers but some have been interesting.

I think Noah is going to be a total stud. His price could be much higher by mid January. Ditto for DeAndre Jordan

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    It depends on how the team is built as well. You could have a bunch of big names but not hit many stat cats. In that case you might dominate some of the catergories and get murdered in the rest and end up barely keeping your head above water.

I love making deals but I think I'm going to let my team roll for a little while. Nothing has wowed me yet in terms offers but some have been interesting.

I think Noah is going to be a total stud. His price could be much higher by mid January. Ditto for DeAndre Jordan
    You've been watching too many Colangelo press conferences and interviews!

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone better explain to me how the this "Waiver Priority Order" works, Please and thank you!
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Can someone better explain to me how the this "Waiver Priority Order" works, Please and thank you!
    My understanding is if a guy goes on waiver, whoever picks him up goes to the bottom of the list (12). If two people claim the same player, then whoever is higher on the priority list gets him (3 and 7 claim, 3 gets him).

I'm sure I"ll be corrected if wrong or incomplete.

Post Thanks / Like

You've been watching too many Colangelo press conferences and interviews!
    Dear God, I've been brainwashed!

My understanding is if a guy goes on waiver, whoever picks him up goes to the bottom of the list (12). If two people claim the same player, then whoever is higher on the priority list gets him (3 and 7 claim, 3 gets him).

I'm sure I"ll be corrected if wrong or incomplete.
    No, that's right. This doesn't apply to regular free agents, only guys on waivers. You'll know who's on waivers right away by looking under the "Owners" column on the players list. If it says W(date) then that's a guy on waivers. If it says "FA" then that's a free agent.

Post Thanks / Like

No, that's right. This doesn't apply to regular free agents, only guys on waivers. You'll know who's on waivers right away by looking under the "Owners" column on the players list. If it says W(date) then that's a guy on waivers. If it says "FA" then that's a free agent.
    Ok thanks. Can you elaborate on the 'Priority' though please.
    So if I claim someone off Waivers, I still might not actually get them?
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

If someone with a higher priority makes a claim on the same player then you don't get him. If you win the claim you get bumped to the back of the priority list. You have top priority. Use that wisely, you're the bully on the block right now when it comes to the waiver wire. For one move that is.

Post Thanks / Like

If someone with a higher priority makes a claim on the same player then you don't get him. If you win the claim you get bumped to the back of the priority list. Me, personally, I hold on to my priority if I can for a rainy day unless there is a really good claim to be made.
    How do I know what my priority spot is?

ADD Nevermind. Just found it on the Main League Page.
    Thanks Apollo and Matt!
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Apollo on trades at the moment. It's got to be a very interesting trade to get me in at this moment. I want to see my team in action in the first few weeks/games.

Post Thanks / Like

You have top priority. Use that wisely, you're the bully on the block right now when it comes to the waiver wire. For one move that is.
    Ya I just saw, Fancy that!
    So as soon as Hayes clears, I'll be 12? And likely miss out on the next one on my list? haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you could miss out on a lot more than one claim after you land in 12th.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First I draft Wilson Chandler now Brook Lopez is out 6-8 weeks. Not a good start to my fantasy season...

And thank you Skywalker, I'd have to agree with your opinion on my team! I'm trying to knock off the champ here!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mack. Interested in Okur? I'm hearing February at the earliest for Lopez. I'll deal you his replacement.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mack. Interested in Okur? I'm hearing February at the earliest for Lopez. I'll deal you his replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

Mmm Love it. I knew Brandon Bass would be a Sleeper.
    20pts and 11rebs going into the Fourth Quarter for Boston.

Rondo's having a GREAT game. Apollo :P Dudes got 5 steals!
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know, crazy. The fantasy pundits were slurping Rondo last year, but he got hurt, played through injuries and struggled. Now this year he's healthy but the pundits threw him under the bus to a certain degree. I think they'll be eating their words. The Celtics team is his team. Everything goes through him. I'm pretty pumped about what he may do.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone wants to trade a starting caliber small forward, make me an offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you define "starting caliber"? What I consider that being may be different from your view of it.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information