Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Softie, I sent you a trade.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a top 10-15 sf in the league

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'll see what I have. Not my strong point but I'm always willing to deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    That would be a top 10-15 sf in the league
    Does Josh Smith qualify as top 10-15?

Post Thanks / Like

He does in my books. I'd actually be interested in him for the right price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He does in my books. I'd actually be interested in him for the right price.
    I think I have a decent offer out to SoftEuro given his roster but we'll see what he thinks.

Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult. I'm not going to trade two potential break-out candidates, on which i made my draft choices (Bynum and Holiday), for Smith, even though one underperforms and another hasn't played a game due to a supsension. I got a big hole at sf, but I'm not going to sell my house for it. They might not perform this year at all, but in that case i'm screwed anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    It's difficult. I'm not going to trade two potential break-out candidates, on which i made my draft choices (Bynum and Holiday), for Smith, even though one underperforms and another hasn't played a game due to a supsension. I got a big hole at sf, but I'm not going to sell my house for it. They might not perform this year at all, but in that case i'm screwed anyway.
    Fair enough. Send me a counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Dammit. Was in Tremblant for 5 days and missed a few Substitutions. Guess I still won Week 1, but still ...
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, i know i'm late for this season, but if it is possible to make reservation for next year, i'm up for it.

I was playing Virtual GM (weekly mostly) back in 2000 and before, that game was awesome for me. it was cancelled i suppose, so i was playing Yahoo Rotisserie a bit... , but it was less fun.
    I've just tried a head to head league this year, i'm doing good and i like it. So, it there's a space, i would like to join next year.

P.S. i still think Virtual GM was the best so far... anyone remember those days and has another opinion?
    Last edited by irgigi; Wed Jan 4th, 2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of Virtual GM irigi. I'm sure it's close to the same though...

I've been playing Yahoo! head-to-head leagues since '05-'06 for basketball and I love it!

Post Thanks / Like

So get this! I don't know if any of you guys listen to Fantasy Focus ESPN Podcast, but I've been listening to it when I can this season. I sent in an e-mail asking about Demar and they answered it on air, first one read of the night.

If you go to http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/basketball and scroll down a bit, you can listen to it right on the main page. He answers it at the 23:45 mark.

Would try and transcribe it, but am too lazy. Maybe later though.

This is the email I sent:
    Hey Guys,

What do you think about Derozan? I know you're against taking Shooting Guards that can't shoot the 3, but I think he's clearly added the 3 pointer to his game at this point (8/12 on the season as I write this).

Is he for real at this point? Legit go-to scorer if he truly has become a threat from deep?

I've got him as my starting SG at this point, and am pretty happy with what he's given me so far. Can he improve upon what he's shown so far?

Thanks!
    -Joey

Toronto, Canada
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 6th, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

GEEEZUS!! I can't catch a friggin break!
    First Horford goes down yesterday, THEN I go to bed thinking I've got the night locked up, being up 6-3 ... Well Dwight goes off for 45-23, with 4 ast and 3 steals or something and 21-39 from FT ... and now its safe to say the only cats I'm leading now are FT% and Blocks. hahah GODDAM!

I might just tank the season and hope for the #1 pick ... doesn't work like that? DAMMIT!
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    GEEEZUS!! I can't catch a friggin break!
    First Horford goes down yesterday, THEN I go to bed thinking I've got the night locked up, being up 6-3 ... Well Dwight goes off for 45-23, with 4 ast and 3 steals or something and 21-39 from FT ... and now its safe to say the only cats I'm leading now are FT% and Blocks. hahah GODDAM!
    The funny thing about D12 going off like that is it didn't really improve his Yahoo ranking. The reason for that being his FT% sucks and he shoots so many that it drags him now. If you're punting FT% like I am and only look at the rest of his stat cats though he would probably come in at #1 in the league. Anyway, I have lots of centers and I'm willing to deal one for the right price. D12 is not available, might as well make that clear right out of the gate.

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I might just tank the season and hope for the #1 pick ... doesn't work like that? DAMMIT!
    Priceless ah ha moment LOL

Whoever set that up knew what he was doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Karma is such a bitch

Last week against Skywalker was a brutal result for me. Won 3 categories with a decent margin, lost 2 categories by a decent margin, lost ALL other 4 categories all by a very small margin:

- fg%: .447% vs .445% (needed my guys to hit three more shots than they did)
    - 3PTM: 40 vs 38
    - Turnovers: 116 vs 117

Man that hurt. But ... to be fair, I probably deserved it. I plugged Foye in my line-up for a cameo appearence because he was playing the Raptors and they do not defend the three well. And Foye indeed did very well: he shot 5 of 8 from the field, was without a miss from the freethrow line for a total of 15 points. He had 3 threepointers, and 2 steals and even 3 blocks. That was a great fantasy line. However, in the end, none of that translated to wins in categories. All that mattered were his 4 turnovers which cost me a point. .625 1.000 3 15 3 4 2 3 4.

Serves me right for plugging in guys just because they are playing against our team.

Post Thanks / Like

I happy where I am so far. Baron Davis just returned to practice and so I added him to my team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I happy where I am so far. Baron Davis just returned to practice and so I added him to my team.
    Damn you by the way. lol

I was about to add him this morning, got tied up at work, when I got around to adding/dropping you had him picked up. So again, damn you (joking, well not really, but you know, haha).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Damn you by the way. lol

I was about to add him this morning, got tied up at work, when I got around to adding/dropping you had him picked up. So again, damn you (joking, well not really, but you know, haha).
    Lol, that's too bad. I tried to add him last night but wasn't allowed because I had made 4 moves already. I figured I was gonna get burned because of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am off to a disappointing start. I have to remember I am in building mode :-) I will have some carry over for next year with some keepers and will balance out with the draft much better.

Hit me up for a trade, I am open to almost anything reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

Strangely enough (because of my record...) I'm not too dissapointed with my team. The first week were terrible, but generally things are looking up. Brand is starting to play a bit better (probably wasn't in too good of shape), Westbrook got his contract, Tyrus Thomas seems finally (somewhat) healthy and I got James(!). The next couple of weeks there are some interesting questions which will decide whether The Softies have a chance to compete with the topteams. Such as: what will be the role of Shumpert when Baron Davis is going to start; will he switch to sg and what will his usage be? How about Marreese Speight? Will Devon Harris be traded (and where). Will Calderon stay fit and keep starting?

The end of the season is going to be intesting. During the last weeks of the season when we will be in the play-offs, how many good players are going to get a rest? How many more injuries will there be?

Nevertheless, don't think I got a chance at first place in the end. Someone like Skywalker has even got an injured Ginobili (picked up after Drizz dropped him) on the bench and doesn't need him to play to rack up wins.

Thread Information