Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really happy that I landed another keeper in Rubio. I felt strongly he would have a good season but I'll admit I didn't think he would on this level right out of the gate. I'll have some tough choices come next years draft the way this is playing out.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a good pick indeed. I wonder what his value will be next year however, he might be right around that keeper price. I had a pretty long list with breakout candidates; got two of them. Afflalo is really disappointing so far and I got Bynum, but traded him already in my blockbuster deal for Lebron. A couple other I didn't get are doing really well, like Gallinaro and Harden who are doing really well, Skywalker really did a good job drafting those two (instead of Afflalo ...). I think Ryan Anderson was the steal of the draft (RaptorsFan4Life for $1!) and I consider my waver wire pickup of Shumpert as the pick-up of the year so far. Your new guy can screw that up for me however.

Post Thanks / Like

Well he's ranked around 30th right now so he's worth the $30 price tag.

JJ Redick is in the running with Shumpert.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think of the trade between skywalker and wjf?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Skywalker is getting a very good deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Skywalker is getting a very good deal.
    Yes, I think it's a pretty unbalanced deal and we might have to pull a Stern.

Raptors Republic Rookie skywalker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WJF and I had been counter offering each others trades, working on this deals for over 4 hours yesterday. In Fantasy, gallo is the better player as he beats Rose in 6 out of 9 stat categories, and is rated higher than Rose because of it. (Gallo is also less injury prone) Since this deal allows WJF to drop someone like Casspi or Beaseley (who's giving him virtually nothing right now) it makes his team better. So why am I making a deal giving up the better fantasy player? I have LOTS of SF's and wanted to move one for a PG. At the end of the season Gallo will be a keeper as will rose. Kidd won't be a keeper but he is a veteran PG and a great role player who is does fill up a stat sheet nicely.

I have no problem with a trade being cancelled if everyone feels this is an unbalanced deal. However, I just wanted to share my logic on the deal and ask everyone to look beyond the name and look at the numbers. Fantasy is about numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I'm with Skywalker on this one. Gallo is #6 rated Player right now according to ESPNs Player Rater, and will certainly garner "Keeper" status by Seasons end.

Rose has hardly been playing all year, and I totally why get WJF would look to move.
    I'd look to CP3 if I could get a Top 6 SF for him. He just hasn't been playing enough to garner the spot.

Its a fine deal in my opinion.
    Won't hear any griping from me.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I put my veto in on it. I can't tell you guys what to do but I don't think it's fair. Half the league needs to veto for the trade to be stopped.

Quote skywalker wrote: View Post
    WJF and I had been counter offering each others trades, working on this deals for over 4 hours yesterday. In Fantasy, gallo is the better player as he beats Rose in 6 out of 9 stat categories, and is rated higher than Rose because of it. (Gallo is also less injury prone)
    I have to say that it's a breath of fresh air to see someone do such a selfless act like take Rose off WJF's hands. Perhaps you could help me by taking Dwight Howard off my hands for JaVale McGee? I'm mean McGee is ranked higher and a higher ranking helps me win, end of story.

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ya I'm with Skywalker on this one. Gallo is #6 rated Player right now according to ESPNs Player Rater, and will certainly garner "Keeper" status by Seasons end.

Rose has hardly been playing all year, and I totally why get WJF would look to move.
    I'd look to CP3 if I could get a Top 6 SF for him. He just hasn't been playing enough to garner the spot.

Its a fine deal in my opinion.
    Won't hear any griping from me.
    That's a very shortsighted view. Rose is obviously the better long term fantasy player. Skywalker is near the top of the standings. He's not worried about making the playoffs so he can sit on a guy who is not living up to potential at the moment. He's banking on Rose living up to potential by playoffs and I feel that's a very safe bet. I also feel by that point the trade will look obviously mismatched in the weekly rankings and not just by thinking big picture.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally with Apollo on this, I'm vetoing this one as well. It doesn't really affect me, as I'm not one of the contenders, but it's just not even close to a fair trade (for obivous reasons). I get Skywalker selling this trade, but really "So why am I making a deal giving up the better fantasy player?".

Just a side note: Skywalker, you make it seem like Rose is very injury prone; he missed something like 3 games in the last three seasons; Gallinari missed about 20 last year (and almost every Denver starter but him has already been injured this season).

Post Thanks / Like

I also get why Skywalker pulled the trigger. I would have as well... And I would also anticipate it getting vetoed.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, Skywalker team is so loaded and now he has Pekovic. We are all doomed. I would be shocked if he didn't get first place... again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Man, Skywalker team is so loaded and now he has Pekovic. We are all doomed. I would be shocked if he didn't get first place... again.
    I'm not sure Pekovic will be much of a deciding factor in the end. Lol

Ya this week I'm getting spanked by Skywalker, but I'm pretty close in a couple of Cats.

Next year I'll be force to reckon with though. I'm warning everyone now. haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Things could look a lot different by the end. All it takes is one or two key injuries and suddenly... Poof, bye, bye, good season. Been there many times. In a condensed season it's more likely to happen to all of us.

Raptors Republic Rookie skywalker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is SO far from over! I like my team, and I am doing well, but I am not winning the categories by much! It's down to the last day every week! I see good effort and participation from every team. And Apollo is right! We are all susceptible to the injury bug and that could be the difference this season! GOOD LUCK ALL!

Post Thanks / Like

Injuries have been whats killed me this year.
    Not having Horford, after spending almost $40 on him really hurt.
    Not to mention CP3 has missed more than his fair share of games as well.

But Losers only whine about excuses. Winners go home and f*ck the prom queen.

This baby is FAR from over boys.
    May the best man win!
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody is going to get killed by injuries and such at some point during this season. Last night I had some sort of new low, having 8 of my guys combining for 7 points due to DNP (injured or CD) or just playing terrible. I have some big dissappointments on my team. Last night one of them, Afflalo, went for 0 points, 2 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 turnover in 20 minutes. Ugh, some production for a 7,5 mln. guy who I thought might have a break-out season.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. I don't get it. James Johnson VERY clearly blocked Nick Young's shot at the end of Regulation last night ... and it wasn't counted. I realize its only one block .. but still .. I'm kinda annoyed at this.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Darn Washington score keepers!

So I just wasted a full week's roster spot on Baron "I'm going to play, wait, no I'm not until after the all-star break" Davis...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Darn Washington score keepers!
    I know!! Grr.

So I just wasted a full week's roster spot on Baron "I'm going to play, wait, no I'm not until after the all-star break" Davis...
    Saw that ... Something about his Elbow now? I think he's just lazy, and realized that he's getting a paycheque now without having to take the abuse of New Yorkers.
    In Masai we Trust.

Thread Information