Free Agency 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    I didthink about the money angle but to use your comparison he might just be another Alabi. In that case why bother. From some accounts Gray might be better and by getting Thabeet we'd also have to absorb the waived contract to free a roster spot. Again, not really knowing much about his recent play I am surprised how much he is considered a fall-off from his UConn days. I would leave this to the expert talent evaluators!
    Why bother? Because the Raptors suck and if they're not turning over ever stone then they're not doing their job.

Comment

• Travis Outlaw officially on the market

Nets have waived forward Travis Outlaw and designated him as the team’s amnesty player, Nets General Manager Billy King announced today.
      Source: Twitter @Nets_PR

Comment

• The Raptors have no roster spots left, do they? Otherwise he might be an interesting pickup.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I was just thinking that. I don't think we have any spots left however.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            The Raptors have no roster spots left, do they? Otherwise he might be an interesting pickup.
            They could make one pretty easily.

Comment

• Blazers cut Roy

For Blazers to sign Jamal Crawford to mid-level exception, they had to use amnesty waiver on Roy. @jwquick has been reporting it all along.
              Source: Twitter @WojYahooNBA

Comment

• I don't think Butler is a guaranteed contract. He only shows on the ESPN trade machine as a salary of $211k.

As for Outlaw though, I do not want any part of him. He is 27 now. My personal opinion is he is a guy who got paid and retired early - like in the 2010-2011 season.

Comment

• With Roy retiring, that's not surprising at all.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I don't think Butler is a guaranteed contract. He only shows on the ESPN trade machine as a salary of $211k.

As for Outlaw though, I do not want any part of him. He is 27 now. My personal opinion is he is a guy who got paid and retired early - like in the 2010-2011 season.
                    He would be the perfect fit at the 3 if Casey could motivate him. I think he's worth the risk given the small cost it would take to land him.

Comment

• Alright so let's get of list of the FA's for next year and get this ball rolling
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        He would be the perfect fit at the 3 if Casey could motivate him. I think he's worth the risk given the small cost it would take to land him.
                        Sacramento picked up Outlaw off the amnesty wire.

Comment

• Thanks for the update. I think it's a smart play.

Comment

Working...
                          X