Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2011

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys just making predictions, because the only one I've heard is pretty much done is Jeffries re-signing in New York?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

should have clarified, was just repeating what whatshisface from hoopsworld was saying.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sean Deveney: Bostjan Nachbar's agent says he'll "definitely" be in the NBA. Looking for playing time more than $. "Opportunity will be his top priority." Twitter
    If we are looking for minimum, short term contracts to fill out the roster, we could do worse than Nachbar. I'd certainly pick up the phone to see what he is looking for.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually saw a rumour that Toronto was interested in Nachbar.

Boki Nachbar is returning from Europe still w/ great rep for shooting well, working hard: Raptors, Nets, Knicks, Spurs, Sixers checking in.

Source: @WojYahooNBA

He'd be a good cheap vet - but really only a replacement for Kleiza who I'd rather have.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take him over Kleiza in a heartbeat. A fantastic shooter that works hard on D? In a second.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I'd take him over Kleiza in a heartbeat. A fantastic shooter that works hard on D? In a second.
    I have always liked Nachbar and thought Kleiza was a clone of his when he signed. Ironic. Kleiza of course was not what I thought he would be. I am hoping it was his physical condition/injury (he played well in the Euro championships last yr). BN is probably a better shooter.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Wolstat

Colangelo said Raptors have had discussions for representatives for own FAs (Reggie, Wright, etc.) but "we have a lot of other pieces in play right now. I would not say re-signing any of those individuals has become a key priority "
    http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/WolstatSun/~TJLx9
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

While I'm sure Reggie loves the Toronto fans and his former Raptors teammates it's going to be tough for him to pass on playing a big role with the Celtics. It's going to be tough for Colangelo to sell him on team that won't have any use for him next season and might have issues finding him PT this season.

As for Wright, the guy turned me off when he refused to check in when his number was called last season. Wish him the best but glad he's out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Player transactions start 2pm Friday

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    The NBA has informed teams that they can begin player transactions at 2 p.m., ET on Friday, league sources tell Y! Sports.
    via Twitter.com

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So Bryan has been telling the media that he's looking for a 5th big, a backup SF and a third PG. We've been talking ad nauseam about the center and SF positions - what do people think we should get for the third PG?

Has anyone considered Marcus Banks? I'm not sure if he 'retired', but he knows the team and has no problem playing third guard. He's a pretty good defensive player too. I'm sure he'd have no problem coming back for a 1 year deal. The problem most people had with him was his salary - but that should no longer be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney Carney or Earl Clark would be worth a flier and they'll come cheap. I'm looking forward to seeing what Colangelo does. This might be the sort of year where he unearths that diamond in the rough he's known for. He's due for one again.

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    So Bryan has been telling the media that he's looking for a 5th big, a backup SF and a third PG. We've been talking ad nauseam about the center and SF positions - what do people think we should get for the third PG?
    It's a 3rd string PG so we can't expect too much and while Banks might fit I don't think he'll be back, just a gut feeling. I think Earl Watson would be perfect as a 3rd stringer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post

Has anyone considered Marcus Banks? I'm not sure if he 'retired', but he knows the team and has no problem playing third guard. He's a pretty good defensive player too. I'm sure he'd have no problem coming back for a 1 year deal. The problem most people had with him was his salary - but that should no longer be an issue.
    I would be all for Marcus Banks. He was a consummate professional and gave it his all when his number was called despite 'sporadic' playing time. To top it off, he was not bad when he played. One year minimum deal: do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Rodney Carney or Earl Clark would be worth a flier and they'll come cheap. I'm looking forward to seeing what Colangelo does. This might be the sort of year where he unearths that diamond in the rough he's known for. He's due for one again.
    I think he has one in James Johnson.... not as a starter in the long term but a 3/4 off the bench in a Diaw-like role in Phoenix.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't have too many diamonds in the rough. Buy low, sell high.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the Kings offered Chuck Hayes 4 years and 20 million. Think the Raps should up the ante? My vote is a resounding no.

source|: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...-year-20m-deal

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    Apparently the Kings offered Chuck Hayes 4 years and 20 million. Think the Raps should up the ante? My vote is a resounding no.

Not for that price or anywhere near it, no f'ing way!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post

Absolutely, unequivocally, with a resounding NO.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Wright, the guy turned me off when he refused to check in when his number was called last season. Wish him the best but glad he's out.

With you on this one 100%

Post Thanks / Like

ShaneBattier Shane Battier
    Let's Go #Heat!!!!!
    Shane Battier
    ShaneBattier Shane Battier
    Miami!
    Via Twitter.com

Hopefully this ends the ridiculous chatter of Battier to Toronto. There was never a chance of him coming here. He was one of the most coveted free agents for top teams.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Earl Watson would be perfect as a 3rd stringer.
    I like Watson too. But he seems capable as a 2nd stringer. Wonder how he'd handle being in street clothes most nights in Toronto.

Thread Information