Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2011

Post Thanks / Like

So Miami is going to give him their full MLE?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So Miami is going to give him their full MLE?
    WallaceNBA_ESPN Won't be shocked if Shane deal is 2 years w/team opt/part guarantee for 3rd. But asked to be flex 4now on exact $ 2c who else can be lured.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant Hill is signing with the Knicks.

Post Thanks / Like

Idiots, both of them.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Grant Hill is signing with the Knicks.
    Makes some sense.. after all Hill used to play for D’Antoni. I wonder if Hill could help lure Nash over during the trade deadline as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I found a list of sleepers and guess who came up? This from ESPN Insider.

Earl Clark
    Clark's story is similar to Fesenko's. His offensive game leaves much to be desired, but he showed promise on the defensive end with the Orlando Magic last season.
    entering his third NBA season and turning just 24 in January, Clark is a talented player possessing unfulfilled potential, and it just may pay off for a new team to take a chance on him if he doesn't return to Orlando. A school of thought says the Suns might have given up on Clark too quickly.
    Scout's take: "I'll start with this -- had Earl Clark been drafted by Orlando and coached by Stan Van Gundy from the beginning, he'd still be under his rookie contract. Clark is the classic guy who's too talented for his own good, so he can be lazy and unfocused. SVG is the perfect antidote for players like Clark. If he gets coached hard and is constantly being told exactly what's needed of him, he'll be a terrific defender and rebounder and a better than expected facilitator on offense. Think Lamar Odom, light. However, If the wrong team pays him, one with a passive coach who does not teach, he's dead on arrival." -- Thorpe
    Source; ESPN.com

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. One of the most beloved players of hardcore fans of the game to one of the most detestable...

Probably could have saved himself a bit by not quoting Jimmy buffett

Post Thanks / Like

Default Forget Greg Oden too!

jwquick Jason Quick
    BREAKING: Greg Oden will be a Trail Blazer next season. Agent Bill Duffy says Oden will sign 1-year qualifying offer on Friday for $8.9 mil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sometime '12: the most regretted contract offer of the 2011 offseason goes to.....

The ball is in Tyson Chandler’s court.

With NBA free agents allowed to officially sign contracts on Friday, Chandler has a deal from the Warriors in front of him worth more than $60 million over four years, according to two league sources.

The Warriors have made Chandler Priority No. 1 this offseason, and they hope to get an answer from Chandler on Day 1 of free agency. The hope is by Friday the Warriors will know if they have a defensive anchor at center or whether they’ll have to go in another direction.

Read more: Chandler has offer from Warriors
    Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warri...84&feedID=5882

Although, it might help them land and, more importantly, extend Chris Paul.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Idiots, both of them.
    What? Battier gets to go live in an awesome climate and terrific city with no state income tax and he gets to play for a championship contender. Grant Hill goes to one of the best cities in the world, a basketball mecca, to play for his old coach and a playoff team.

Sounds pretty smart to me....

One of the things that I am curious about is whether Chicago does anything. They are the one contender you don't hear much about. Maybe a healthy Boozer for 66 games is enough of an internal improvement?

Post Thanks / Like

They're overpaying but I understand why they're doing it. Even if they don't get Paul, they can trade Ellis for an impact player and maybe get back to the playoffs. They seem to never do proper rebuilds.

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    One of the things that I am curious about is whether Chicago does anything. They are the one contender you don't hear much about. Maybe a healthy Boozer for 66 games is enough of an internal improvement?
    They're courting Caron Butler and discussing Dwight Howard possibilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Re Oden. Hey, when you have a chance to give a guy $8.5mm who has hardly played in 3 years and has severe injury problems with his knees, well, you'd be crazy not to do it. He'll play what, 22 games this year? That's only about $400,000 per game. Steal...

Post Thanks / Like

They're overpaying but I understand why they're doing it. Even if they don't get Paul, they can trade Ellis for an impact player and maybe get back to the playoffs. They seem to never do proper rebuilds.

They're courting Caron Butler and discussing Dwight Howard possibilities.
    HoopsWorld.com usually has ideas that I think are ridiculous. However, this was pretty good regarding GSW:

If the Warriors decide to include Curry and make the Paul trade there are rumors the team would then be interested in sending shooting guard Monta Ellis to Orlando in exchange for Jason Richardson in a sign and trade deal.

Golden State’s front office loves Richardson and would welcome his return to the franchise. On the other side, Orlando is desperately trying to keep Dwight Howard happy by acquiring additional talent.

If the Warriors pulled off these moves their starting five would look like this:

C: Tyson Chandler
    PF: David Lee
    SF: Dorrell Wright
    SG: Jason Richardson
    PG: Chris Paul

This squad would be contenders in the Western Conference as some of the usual top teams enter the season with plenty of question marks.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-war...-at-all-costs/

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We can remove Eddy Curry from the list as well

The Heat are signing him to a contract. Magloire for Curry - what a trade!

Post Thanks / Like

They're also thinking about inviting Jamaal Tinsley to camp.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the Knicks are prepared to trade or amnesty Chauncey Billups to sign Tyson Chandler.

Wow. That would totally end any possibility of the Knicks making a play in free agency for Chris Paul.

This is just me speculating but I wonder if the Knicks would trade and the Hornets would accept Amar'e for Chris Paul? Again, total speculation on my part.

All the big names are ablaze on twitter with this Berger, Woj, etc.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

They're also thinking about inviting Jamaal Tinsley to camp.
    The Raptors? I hope not. Not exactly the great character veteran I'd want.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the Knicks are prepared to trade or amnesty Chauncey Billups to sign Tyson Chandler.

Wow. That would totally end any possibility of the Knicks making a play in free agency for Chris Paul.

This is just me speculating but I wonder if the Knicks would trade and the Hornets would accept Amar'e for Chris Paul? Again, total speculation on my part.
    I would think so. I'd do it in a second.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I would think so. I'd do it in a second.
    I'm no longer the one speculating:

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Now to see if Knicks elect to put Amare Stoudemire in trade proposals to New Orleans for CP3. Sources say it's one option Knicks considering

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no longer the one speculating:
    Hilarious. Either they're reading this forum or you should change your name to Nostradamus.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information