No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ajinca is retained, I don't see him getting anything other than garbage minutes. We already have a crowded front court with Bargnani, Davis, Amir, and Alabi (and potentially Hayes). A fifth big man would be in street clothes most nights.

Comment

• I wasn't all that impressed with him last year, but he's a 23 year old, agile 7 footer with a variety of skills. The Raptors need to fill out the roster, anyway, so I'd like to see them retain him if they can. While everyone hopes Alabi shows the's a legit player, until that happens, I'd like the Raptors to have as many irons in the fire as possible.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I actually hope Ajinca comes back. I'm not willing to give up on that project yet - especially with a defense first coach hired.
        I wasn't impressed and the Raptors have a better project center on the bench. With JV on the way sometime soon chances of him sticking were slim...

Comment

• Jeff Green

I would like us to make a run for Jeff Green. I don't think the celtics could match our offer. He would be a sweet addition. We have been lacking at the SF position for so long

Future Lineup

C JV
          PF Ed Davis
          SF Jeff Green
          SG DeMar
          PG Calderon

Barbosa
          Amir
          Bayless
          J.Johnson
          and 2012 Rookie

Trade Bargnani, Barbosa and Kleiza and anyone else left (There would be an upgrade somewhere from those trades)

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            I would like us to make a run for Jeff Green. I don't think the celtics could match our offer. He would be a sweet addition. We have been lacking at the SF position for so long

Future Lineup

C JV
            PF Ed Davis
            SF Jeff Green
            SG DeMar
            PG Calderon

Barbosa
            Amir
            Bayless
            J.Johnson
            and 2012 Rookie

Trade Bargnani, Barbosa and Kleiza and anyone else left (There would be an upgrade somewhere from those trades)
            I'm more inclined to see how J.Johnson fares at small forward

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'm more inclined to see how J.Johnson fares at small forward
              I agree. Considering how much the Raptors will have to overpay Green, it's simply not worth it. James Johnson is inexpensive and the Raptors need to see what exactly they've got with him.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Players are permitted to visit teams today for medicals.

Will be a good opportunity to put a little substance behind many, many rumours.

Comment

• Blazers won't Amnesty Roy

Roy's agent: "He just wants a shot, and they are saying that they are going to give him that. If that holds true he is happy to be there.''
                  Source: Twitter @jwquick

Comment

• Serenity now

god would something happen already
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      god would something happen already
                      I believe the 9th is when things can actually start happening.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Officially, but "handshake deals" can happen. Tmac to ATL, for instance.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Thaddeus Young to Denver
                          Hill staying
                          Nene staying
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Crawford to Chicago (thru sign and trade for brewer)
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Butler to clips
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• J rich to bulls

Comment

Working...
                                X