Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Free Agency 2011

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think you need to dig deeper than that. Two organizations let him go because of his contract. It's not like he was making vet minimum and getting tossed around. He's making almost as much as Amir Johnson while impacting the game on the level of Solomon Alabi. Memphis moved him to get an expiring contract so that they could keep the band together. Houston is probably getting rid of him to free up even more space to make a move soon. They already were in the middle of a blockbuster that got vetoed by the league. They're dumping him for flexibility right now. The Raptors would only spend probably $1M to claim him.
    I didthink about the money angle but to use your comparison he might just be another Alabi. In that case why bother. From some accounts Gray might be better and by getting Thabeet we'd also have to absorb the waived contract to free a roster spot. Again, not really knowing much about his recent play I am surprised how much he is considered a fall-off from his UConn days. I would leave this to the expert talent evaluators!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

daldridgetnt David Aldridge
    Bobcats, Raptors, Blazers, Rockets all trying to sign Reggie Williams, whose qualifying offer from GS was rescinded Sunday. On the HT Blog.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Williams rumour is interesting because his reputation going back to college has always been an exceptional scorer who struggles to play even mediocre defence. I'm always interested in guys who go undrafted and work their way back into the NBA because to me that implies hard work and character, but he doesn't strike me as the Casey type of player. That said, I like the potential in his game, and I could see him becoming a good off-the-bench scorer.

Post Thanks / Like

Has he even received defense coaching in the NBA? Blame it on the system, let's give Casey a crack at him.

Post Thanks / Like

Forbes isn't much of a defender either. Point is you have to have a guy or 2 who can come off the bench and still put up points to keep the pressure up. Especially if DeMar was to go down. Who scores on the wing then?
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I didthink about the money angle but to use your comparison he might just be another Alabi. In that case why bother. From some accounts Gray might be better and by getting Thabeet we'd also have to absorb the waived contract to free a roster spot. Again, not really knowing much about his recent play I am surprised how much he is considered a fall-off from his UConn days. I would leave this to the expert talent evaluators!
    Why bother? Because the Raptors suck and if they're not turning over ever stone then they're not doing their job.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Travis Outlaw officially on the market

Nets have waived forward Travis Outlaw and designated him as the teamís amnesty player, Nets General Manager Billy King announced today.
    Source: Twitter @Nets_PR

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors have no roster spots left, do they? Otherwise he might be an interesting pickup.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking that. I don't think we have any spots left however.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    The Raptors have no roster spots left, do they? Otherwise he might be an interesting pickup.
    They could make one pretty easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blazers cut Roy

For Blazers to sign Jamal Crawford to mid-level exception, they had to use amnesty waiver on Roy. @jwquick has been reporting it all along.
    Source: Twitter @WojYahooNBA

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Butler is a guaranteed contract. He only shows on the ESPN trade machine as a salary of $211k.

As for Outlaw though, I do not want any part of him. He is 27 now. My personal opinion is he is a guy who got paid and retired early - like in the 2010-2011 season.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

With Roy retiring, that's not surprising at all.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think Butler is a guaranteed contract. He only shows on the ESPN trade machine as a salary of $211k.

As for Outlaw though, I do not want any part of him. He is 27 now. My personal opinion is he is a guy who got paid and retired early - like in the 2010-2011 season.
    He would be the perfect fit at the 3 if Casey could motivate him. I think he's worth the risk given the small cost it would take to land him.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright so let's get of list of the FA's for next year and get this ball rolling
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

He would be the perfect fit at the 3 if Casey could motivate him. I think he's worth the risk given the small cost it would take to land him.
    Sacramento picked up Outlaw off the amnesty wire.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. I think it's a smart play.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread Information