Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Barbosa not happy lockout ending at this time

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Barbosa not happy lockout ending at this time

With much fanfare and celebration on the internet, so it was that thousands of NBA fans received the news of the end of the lockout of the greatest basketball league on the planet on Saturday morning. However, not everyone has shown to have been excited, starting with Leandro (Barbosa), Toronto Raptors and the athlete who is playing for Flamengo during the NBA lockout.

The wing-guard did not hide a certain frustration at having to leave the city where his family is living just at Christmas time:

“Man, I got news for my wife. I was sleeping and she was at the hairdresser. She called me and woke me up crying already. It was a thud. We did not expect, we were planning a big Christmas with family and do not think it will happen. It is not yet official, but it’s a shame,” Barbosa said.
    Source

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It's called thinking out loud. LB is looking at the comparison: Christmas in Brazil with your family versus Christmas in Toronto.....

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't blame a guy for being disappointed that he will not be home for Christmas, after it looked like he would be.

Puffer

Post Thanks / Like

I get this. He will be fine. Rich man like that can fly everyone to Toronto for Christmas.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps aren't good enough to play of Christmas day anyways so don't see the problem other then collecting more air miles.

Post Thanks / Like

He needs to be in Toronto for camp and practices.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Raps aren't good enough to play of Christmas day anyways so don't see the problem other then collecting more air miles.
    I think it's not just going to be a few teams playing this CHristmas. They can't do that if they want to get in as many games as possible. I think it's going to be a full slate. Every team will probably play.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a pity. But I am sure if he wanted to he could make an arrangement with BC and make it after Christmas at the cost (salary) of games missed. Considering where the team is it wouldnt be that big a deal.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think it's not just going to be a few teams playing this CHristmas. They can't do that if they want to get in as many games as possible. I think it's going to be a full slate. Every team will probably play.
    David Stern said that it was going to be a Christmas day triple header.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7281244
    Last edited by stretch; Sun Nov 27th, 2011 at 04:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    It is a pity. But I am sure if he wanted to he could make an arrangement with BC and make it after Christmas at the cost (salary) of games missed. Considering where the team is it wouldnt be that big a deal.
    He's a professional. Professionals don't pull stuff like that and it's not like he has some sort of rare circumstances. He should fly his family to Toronto and get over it. It comes with the job.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He's a professional. Professionals don't pull stuff like that and it's not like he has some sort of rare circumstances. He should fly his family to Toronto and get over it. It comes with the job.
    I am a softie

I understand your viewpoint but I dont know what his personal circumstance is. Is it he was just married, first Christmas, little bambinos/other family who were looking forward to having him around for the first time in many a year (considering the season was always on). I just view it as a circumstantial thing. He pays heavy for the absence but can still be looked on as a magnanimous thing by the team. Actual games missed might be 1-2 at most...and yes no training sessions with the team but I assume he is in shape since he has been playing in a league in Brazil.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a softie

I understand your viewpoint but I dont know what his personal circumstance is. Is it he was just married, first Christmas, little bambinos/other family who were looking forward to having him around for the first time in many a year (considering the season was always on). I just view it as a circumstantial thing. He pays heavy for the absence but can still be looked on as a magnanimous thing by the team. Actual games missed might be 1-2 at most...and yes no training sessions with the team but I assume he is in shape since he has been playing in a league in Brazil.
    We we need to be fair here though. They should just forfeit a few games and let them all enjoy their time with their families.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of doctors, lawyers, emergency response workers, trades people, oil rig workers, refinery workers, policemen, 24 hours a day/7 days a week gas stations, and Shoppers Drug Mart employees working too.

I understand his frustration but it is a part of the job. Suck it up, buttercup.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets begin a petition at RR to get Stern to change the cba and start the season on the 28th!!!

Actually I have a bit of a problem where people who celebrate their particular festive day of the year are forced to work...including basketball players and ushers and hotdog vendors and .....As one who celebrates the day, it is at best crass to have those games played with many of those players who wished they'd rather be with their families.

Soap box stance over.

On to trades and mini exceptions.... and whether Stefanski is in the bunker working on a deal

Post Thanks / Like

Lets begin a petition at RR to get Stern to change the cba and start the season on the 28th!!!
    So more time for camp and practice prior to the season's start?

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Barbosa be the Raps amnesty cut? Is that possible and would it make sense?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Can Barbosa be the Raps amnesty cut? Is that possible and would it make sense?
    Barbosa's on his final year of his contract. He's probably more valuable as trade bait.

Post Thanks / Like

if anyone is amnesty bait it's calderon or kleiza. barbosa can be a very important chip come trade deadline time, as his scoring could put a contender over the top.

im looking at you, chicago.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I felt bad for him for a minute there and then realized...

he should suck it up. there are people making way less money than him and have to work christmas day.

my mom works at a senior's home and staff has to be there 24/365. same with hospitals and such.

hell, people even die on christmas. be dissapointed and move the fuck along. geez, the guy could even fly everyone the fuck over to toronto.

if he has the day off he could fly down there.

I love how I made Leandro look like a Douche from an utterly non-douche situation...

makes me an ultimate douche.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Leandro might have made big plans he's just a little upset that he won't be able to spend time with his wife you don't have to over exaggerate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information