Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Grange Advocating Tanking/Raptors not rushing rebuild

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Grange Advocating Tanking/Raptors not rushing rebuild

It's a tough pill to swallow, but it makes perfect sense.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...range_raptors/

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I've almost been saying the exact same thing....
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Since when has Grange not advocated tanking?

I believe they should do their best to win with what they have. That means no waiver claims or signings. Going this route you still can still look at yourself in the mirror. It's called building from within and through prospect development. You should never try to lose. You're tossing your integrity out the door and betraying your customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

I believe they should do their best to win with what they have. That means no waiver claims or signings. Going this route you still can still look at yourself in the mirror. It's called building from within and through prospect development. You should never try to lose. You're tossing your integrity out the door and betraying your customers.
    It's a thin line. I do disagree with management telling coaches to try and lose, because I think it creates a toxic atmosphere and you basically have to get rid of all the players who were involved in it, but I do agree that Colangelo shouldn't give them anything to help them, this year. They'll lose either way.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I think to tell the coach to take a dive is to tell the fans to take their $xxx/ticket and stick it. It's unethical and it's bad business.

Colangelo has already pretty much said they won't be major players in FA. I think he's indirectly saying they're not planning on taking a step forward this season. With a 65 game schedule all it takes is one bad losing streak to hit bottom. They can have the best of both worlds. Integrity intact and high lotto pick.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very true. Grange was advocating tanking way back in 2008-09. Instead of going on a (meaningless) 14-9 run to end the season with 33 wins with a newly acquired Shawn Marion, we should've stuck with our current roster and played it out. Those extra wins, according to Grange, was the difference between drafting DeRozan vs. Stephen Curry.

At this point, I would say both players have a lot of potential. But it'll be interesting to look back in a few years to see which player becomes the more valuable one.

Post Thanks / Like

I think to tell the coach to take a dive is to tell the fans to take their $xxx/ticket and stick it. It's unethical and it's bad business.

Colangelo has already pretty much said they won't be major players in FA. I think he's indirectly saying they're not planning on taking a step forward this season. With a 65 game schedule all it takes is one bad losing streak to hit bottom. They can have the best of both worlds. Integrity intact and high lotto pick.
    Yes, I agree.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not so much tanking as it is the reality of the situation. There is nothing in free agency to help this team. It has virtually no assets to trade. It has no draft pick entering the