Thread: Grange Advocating Tanking/Raptors not rushing rebuild

Threaded View

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    That's where you and most of the rest of us differ. You're pretty new to following the Raptors.
    I would not say that as I did follow them for 6 or 7 years after their inception when many of the posters were likely still chidlren and teenagers.

I was a big NBA (Lakerss, then Nuggets, then Raptors) fan from the early 1970s to early 2000s and probably attended games well before most posters were born.

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    My dream job would probably be to become the GM of an NBA team. I'm not a casual fan. And it sounds like you pretty much are.
    So what steps have you taken towards realizing your dream?

My dream job when I was teenager was to become a baseball statician. I did not become one but I was involved in a few arbitration cases in the late 80s and early 90s. Sadly, it was not nearly as much fun as I expected. In fact, it was really boring. But I can't complain as it did put me in a chance contact with the woman I married.

As for being a casual fan, I am perfectly fine with the description. I rarely watch games if they don't involve the Raptors or (sometimes) the Timbervolves, but I do like building data model.
    Last edited by Hugmenot; Tue Nov 29th, 2011 at 05:38 PM.

Thread Information