Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chisholm: What to do about the C position? Forget Tyson Chandler (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick google search shows not much love for Speights in Philadelphia. I wonder if he is available. He is certainly a big body and he has only one year remaining on his contract.

Comment

• http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warri...84&feedID=5882

The ball is in Tyson Chandler’s court.

With NBA free agents allowed to officially sign contracts on Friday, Chandler has a deal from the Warriors in front of him worth more than $60 million over four years, according to two league sources.

The Warriors have made Chandler Priority No. 1 this offseason, and they hope to get an answer from Chandler on Day 1 of free agency. The hope is by Friday the Warriors will know if they have a defensive anchor at center or whether they’ll have to go in another direction.

Read more: Chandler has offer from Warriors
      Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Comment

• im guessing its going to be ed/alabi/magloire
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Good guess ceez. I'm thinking the same thing. Magloire and Alabi will get minutes occasionally depending on the match ups and foul count. That's my guess right now. I'm hoping that some of the buzz about Alabi in the off-season is true though... I'm just not counting on it.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            im guessing its going to be ed/alabi/magloire
            I'm with Apollo thinking you are correct.

Ed beefed up.
            Bargnani trimmed down.
            They switched 'positions'.

All is well.

Comment

• With such a short season, I would imagine we will see many different combinations. I could see Bargnani playing a lot of the 5 just because he's a body. Bargnani/Amir, Bargnani/Davis, Davis/Amir, Magloire/Davis, etc.

But I think the 'pair' with the heaviest # of minutes will be Davis and Bargnani with Davis at the 5.

Comment

• Knicks in lead for Chandler, next step is to make play for Paul?

Multiple league executives say the Knicks are now in the lead to land Tyson Chandler, jumping in front of the Warriors.
                If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.
                Can confirm @WojYahooNBA detail that one scenario in Chandler deal has Billups being traded. Amnesty also a possibiity.
                If the Knicks' next move is to engage NOR in CP3 talks for Stoudemire, this is not something that Amar'e would be happy with, at all.
                Source: Twitter @KBergCBS

Comment

• $58M over four years for Chandler

The New York Knicks are nearing a four-year, $58 million contract with Tyson Chandler(notes) after the Golden State Warriors conceded they’re no longer in the running to sign the free-agent center, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

To add Chandler, the Knicks will either use their amnesty clause to waive Chauncey Billups(notes) and his $14.2 million salary or they will trade him, sources said. The Knicks have privately told people that if they trade Billups – who has said he doesn’t want to leave New York – it will be to a “good” team. If the Dallas Mavericks do a sign-and-trade with Chandler, they could conceivably get Billups in return.

The Knicks’ pursuit of Chandler intensified after efforts to trade for New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul(notes) stalled, sources said.
                  Source: Yahoo Sports

Almost $14M per year but these deals are usually loaded more in the back so the final years are going to be tough to swallow.

With Billups moved or cut the most Chandlers's first season can be is around $11M.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Source: Yahoo Sports

Almost $14M per year but these deals are usually loaded more in the back so the final years are going to be tough to swallow.

With Billups moved or cut the most Chandlers's first season can be is around $11M.
                    They can have him. JV will dominate him for the final 3 years!

Seriously though, I wish he wasn't coming to the Atlantic.

Rumor has it that if the deal goes through the Knicks may offer Amar'e for CP3. That'd be a real kick in the pants for Amar'e!

Comment

• You better draft JV on the 18th and sit on him for a year Mack because you aren't getting him next year if you wait haha.

I'm hoping they screw Amare over. If all that stuff plays out I think it's a lateral move for the Knicks and a kick in the ass for Amare. It will discredit the Knicks rep with future free agents. Perfect.

Comment

• If somebody keeps JV with $30 counting towards next years team, they're nuts! They can have him if that's the price!

I've always enjoyed watching Amar'e play, he was definitely one of my favorites during his time in Phoenix. He is giving off a bit of that DBag diva vibe since he got to NYK though. Doesn't look like he's being traded anymore, so that should be one hell of a tandem in the Knicks frontcourt. Probably the most athletic in the league(Chandler/Stoudemire)?! And then they have Melo at the 3, but no PG if they do amnesty Billups as has been rumored. I don't think Toney Douglas is the kinda true PG they need, he's a bit of a chucker.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          If somebody keeps JV with $30 counting towards next years team, they're nuts! They can have him if that's the price!

I've always enjoyed watching Amar'e play, he was definitely one of my favorites during his time in Phoenix. He is giving off a bit of that DBag diva vibe since he got to NYK though. Doesn't look like he's being traded anymore, so that should be one hell of a tandem in the Knicks frontcourt. Probably the most athletic in the league(Chandler/Stoudemire)?! And then they have Melo at the 3, but no PG if they do amnesty Billups as has been rumored. I don't think Toney Douglas is the kinda true PG they need, he's a bit of a chucker.
                          What would they do with a PG anyway? Melo hogs the ball so pairing with CP wouldn't be an effective use of the team.

Comment

• D'Antoni likes to run full court. He's probably the best suited PG in the league for pushing the ball and finding the open man at this point in time.

Comment

Working...
                            X