Baron Davis Charity game - DeMar Tears it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baron Davis Charity game - DeMar Tears it up

Here are some highlights from the Baron Davis charity game, DeMar had some really nice dunks.

that 360 and windmill alley oop was nasty!

Comment

Great. Uncontested dunks in a game without defense. Yay.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

better than nothing. I want to see u try doing that

Comment

a lot of people on here are very unenthusiastic. Not everything has to be serious you know lighten up sometime, they are playing for the fans and putting on a show. Its a charity game for crying out loud

Comment

A lot of people on here are tired of seeing these celeb games that are just about the show and not about the game. They just wanna see some real ball again! To each their own though...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              better than nothing. I want to see u try doing that
              Just because I can't do it doesn't mean I need to love watching it. I think with being able to see so much of it on the Internet, now, it just doesn't much anymore. I mean, how many times can you watch uncontested dunks? It's the same with this And1 crap, though. I've never been a huge fan of it. Not a big fan of showboating. I like real competitive basketball, not a Harlem Globetrotters game.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Just because I can't do it doesn't mean I need to love watching it. I think with being able to see so much of it on the Internet, now, it just doesn't much anymore. I mean, how many times can you watch uncontested dunks? It's the same with this And1 crap, though. I've never been a huge fan of it. Not a big fan of showboating. I like real competitive basketball, not a Harlem Globetrotters game.
                I have to agree with Tim over here. At first, I would have the same reaction as NoProp, but after thinking about it, I want to see Derozan do that in a game. The showmanship, the competitive fire, the improvements he speaks of in game situation. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the charity highlight reel dunks. I think DeMar's got that knack of getting people off their seats. But after the lockout, I think it's time to see the real deal. I don't know about all of you (or maybe I do) but I'm ready for pre-season and the season to start! DeRozan's showed glimpse of his stuff last year, it's time to take it to the next level. Can he do it? Will he do it? The suspense is killing me. But so far, I AM liking what I'm seeing... Remember, some guy named Vincent Lamar Carter does these dunks IN GAME when he wants to.
                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

So says the aging, grounded, YMCA baller. (I kid, I kid)

C'mon, what is wrong with enjoying a little flashy so and so? Do you watch action movies and constantly say to yourself, "That'd never happen in real life" and go onto said movies IMDB page to gripe about it? Why the need to crap on what other people enjoy? No one ever said anything like "see those dunks? man he's better than Mike!"

Besides, when was the last time you watched this squad play real, competitive basketball?
                  Last edited by minks77; Thu Dec 1, 2011, 11:11 AM.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

the only reason i put this up is cause its DeMar otherwise i'd never post up charity game highlights. And yes im a huge raptors fan and i want to see some pre season games probably more than you guys do. I'm just giving u guys a glimpse of what kind of dunks you'll be seeing in the ACC this year.

Comment

Time to start a DD dunk thread possibly?

If Bargs can have one..........?

Comment

Windmill off the oop was nasty charity game or not!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                          So says the aging, grounded, YMCA baller. (I kid, I kid)

C'mon, what is wrong with enjoying a little flashy so and so? Do you watch action movies and constantly say to yourself, "That'd never happen in real life" and go onto said movies IMDB page to gripe about it? Why the need to crap on what other people enjoy? No one ever said anything like "see those dunks? man he's better than Mike!"

Besides, when was the last time you watched this squad play real, competitive basketball?
                          Flash without substance simply doesn't impress me. It's like Michael Bay movies (you're the one who brought up the movie analogy). I like action as much as the next person, but, to me, Michael Bay movies are the epitome of empty movies with absolutely no soul. I don't expect them to be Academy Award winners, but I want SOME substance to them. While Captain America wasn't one of the best movies I've seen this year, I at least enjoyed it. Star Trek, for a couple of years ago, was one of my favourite movies from that year despite not being a Trek fan. The reason was because I thought both were actually well done with semi-realistic characters and dialogue that didn't make me cringe.

As for my comment, I was simply stating my opinion. Sorry it conflicted with your own.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Dunks are always fun to watch, but I think at this point in DeMar's career, most of us are more concerned about his abilities on the other end of the floor...

Comment

Working...
                            X