Crazy Memphis TO Charlotte Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Memphis TO Charlotte Deal

I know seems kind of crazy and I know most people will automatically say no, but I figured I would post it and see.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=8yc4sut
    We also get Charlotte's first round draft pick, almost guaranteed to be high

Toronto: We gain the Sf of the future in Rudy Gay. There are already a lot of trade ideas for him, so we already know the reasons why he would be good here. We also get Charlotte's First round pick, almost guaranteed to be as high as ours. This way we get to draft to top prospects. The only problem is taking on a lot of contract money. Luckily we are trading away our 3 highest contracts, so we actually still save money. We would need to get a few free agents at a minimum as we would only have a few players left, but it would still be helpful.

Memphis: Lots of people have stated this trade, or slight variations of it. They get two great scorers off the bench, making them a more solid playoff team.

Charlotte: This could be the deciding factor. The get rid of there really bad contract, however they gain another in Calderon. They desperatly wanted Calderon last year, seems to be more efficient and has way more intangibles than Maggette. They also gain a young prospect. I think we may need to sweaten the deal for them, but without adding another team, the only read trade chip would be Amir or Ed. Even then I think we would be forced to look at this trade as it would open up room for either Anthony Davis or Drummond, along with (hopefully) Barnes.

Toronto team in two years:
    Bayless, sign Free agent Pg (Trade down one of the picks to get Kabongo and a draft a sf slightly lower?)
    Derozan, Weems
    Gay, Barnes? Klieza
    Davis/Amir, Drummond/A.Davis
    Val, Alabi

Amnesty Kleiza?

We would have a ton of potential and have a great core.
Working...
X