No announcement yet.

SOURCE: Raptors Looking at Chuck Hayes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still, it's not the norm and I think the league has gotten bigger since the early 90's. Also, the league rules have changed. Any modern examples?

Comment

Chuck Hayes, for one.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        Chuck Hayes, for one.
        Blast! You beat me to it by like 3 seconds.

Consider me down for Chuck Hayes. And bring back Reggie.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Charles Barkley 6'6" 11.7 rebounds per game.

Dennis Rodman 6'6" 13.1 rebounds per game.
          And Barkley was closer to 6'4" than 6'6".

Comment

I love Chuck, but do the Raptors need another PF? Sure he played center for the Rockets, but that was because they didn't have anyone else - however he's really a PF. Just like Reggie was last year. And to go after both of them? That's just insane... that would be six bigs (Amir, Davis, Bargnani, Alabi, Hayes, Reggie), and one in europe (JV). Where you only have one true center (Alabi), and that's only because Bargnani wants to play his 'natural position'.

If Chuck is signed for 2 years and is asked to play center and he's cool with that, then that works for me. But if you get Chuck, you don't need Reggie (and vise versa).

Comment

The Chuckwagon>Reggie
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nope. Having him just eats into Ed and Amir's minutes. Pass.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Still, it's not the norm and I think the league has gotten bigger since the early 90's. Also, the league rules have changed. Any modern examples?

DeJuan Blair 6'7" 7 RPG, 13.5 RP40 last season.

Comment

Aris wrote: View Post
                    DeJuan Blair 6'7" 7 RPG, 13.5 RP40 last season.
                    ......at power forward. Not Center. Not interested in any PF's. Even Blair.
                    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      Don't judge Hayes by his height, he is completely fundamentally solid, extremely strong and plays with the heart of a lion.
                      I agree with this.

Hayes is definetely not what you expect and is not what is typical. If I knew nothing about the guy I wouldn't be interested in him playing C for a NBA team. But he's proven he can compete, will work hard and play good defense. Doesn't offer alot in the way of rim protection, but does a great job on his man.

To me this is an ideal FA signing (assuming he's cheap). Works hard, has a role, nothing particularily special but will be useful down the road, will try every night but likely won't add much to the win the total. (assuming he doesn't end up getting nightly triple doubles like he did against GS ofcourse).

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                        I agree with this.

Hayes is definetely not what you expect and is not what is typical. If I knew nothing about the guy I wouldn't be interested in him playing C for a NBA team. But he's proven he can compete, will work hard and play good defense. Doesn't offer alot in the way of rim protection, but does a great job on his man.

To me this is an ideal FA signing (assuming he's cheap). Works hard, has a role, nothing particularily special but will be useful down the road, will try every night but likely won't add much to the win the total. (assuming he doesn't end up getting nightly triple doubles like he did against GS ofcourse).
                        I like Chuck Hayes. I'm not sure if people realize but while he is only 6'6" he was the starting C on a Houston team that won 43 and 42 games the last 2 seasons.

My only concern with Hayes (or any C) is if the Raptors are truly going develop the young guys in 2011-12, then adding Hayes (or another C) creates 5 bigs looking for minutes: Bargnani, Amir, ED, Alabi, and whoever is brought in.

Having Amir, ED, or Alabi sit does nothing to help the team long term - either through the player developing to stay a Raptor long term or increasing trade value.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but the fact that his agent and likely himself turned down any interests from the Boston C**tics is a definitely plus for me. He could have a better chance at winning a ring with that team but probably wants to be on a younger team and be a 'veteran presence'. I don't know. I'm just hyped up that a FA turned down the C**tics and kept the Raptors on the radar.
                          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Chuck Hayes <- No thanks.

Let me have Collins, Brown, or Pryzbilla. But if Chuck Hayes is our only option I would rather make Ed Davis our starting C.
                            "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                              Chuck Hayes <- No thanks.

Let me have Collins, Brown, or Pryzbilla. But if Chuck Hayes is our only option I would rather make Ed Davis our starting C.
                              +1
                              When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Yeah I'm against adding Hayes as well. Not only is he essentially the same player as Reggie or Joey Dorsey, but he's also not the rim protector that we're looking for to play alongside Bargs. This is supposed to be the year that BC pairs Bargs with a true C to see if he can be part of this team in the long-term as a PF, so a Hayes/Bargnani frontcourt would not show us anything we haven't seen already.

Comment

Working...
                                X