Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Carter

Since Vince is going to be waived once the season starts, do you think he could be the stopgap vet we've been looking for off the bench?

I know yall still got issues with him but isn't it about time we give the man a second chance?

Nooooooo...

Comment

You're joking, right?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If Vince were smart, he'd take a pay cut and sign with a contender...or a playoff bound team. Miami, New York and Chicago (especially Chicago, who are in dire need of an upgrade over Bogans/Korver/RBrewer) are teams that immediately come to mind.

Comment

Prime, although i'm all for your openness, I think Mangokid is correct with what he said. I'm way over the fact that he wanted out in TO. I'm sure he still has some gas left in the tank and there is a desire still in him someplace. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring somewhere else.. at least before the heat do. He's by far the most memorable raptor in franchise history, EVER. He completely put this team on the map and on his back. Just to remind you guys what kind of player he was check out this absolutely amazing video. your eyes will never be the same guaranteed.

We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            If Vince were smart, he'd take a pay cut and sign with a contender...or a playoff bound team. Miami, New York and Chicago (especially Chicago, who are in dire need of an upgrade over Bogans/Korver/RBrewer) are teams that immediately come to mind.
            If Vince were smart he would've never sulked in Toronto. We could've made his legacy last longer.
            Tim W. wrote: View Post
            You're joking, right?
            Am I or am I not?

Comment

haha! Thanks Prime. That was a good laugh before heading to bed. I couldn't imagine how the Raptors could try and spin/market this. Talk about a challenge!
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                haha! Thanks Prime. That was a good laugh before heading to bed. I couldn't imagine how the Raptors could try and spin/market this. Talk about a challenge!

Comment

Not so sure Carter is still considered an upgrade over these players.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

he should sign with a contender, get his title, then sign a one year contract with Toronto to end his career.
                    Do right with management and fans, get oakley and tmac in T.O and sing kumbaya.

Comment

sigh. you can take all the baggage with VC & dump it out the window, it doesn't matter anymore. all that matters is whether he'd help the team, and i really can't see how he could (by 'help,' i mean 'build for the future').

would he be motivated to help them 'win now?' i can't see it, since he didn't seem overly motivated playing for a contender in orlando, or with (arguably) the best teammate in the L (nash). is he going to help the young players further develop their games? uh, i doubt it. in fact, most of what VC brings to a team at this stage of his career are things you'd want to keep a thousand miles away from any impressionable young player. he might not be the last guy you'd want your young players to emulate, but he's among them.
                      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

i'd rather take iverson.

at least iverson isnt afraid of contact.

Comment

If Vince had the personality that would have a positive influence on our young players, I wouldn't have any issue bringing him back. But since he's still a cry baby suckling on his mother's teet, no thanks.

Comment

If Wince hasnt reached Hedo level depths he is getting pretty close. Now how could that possibly help. And, I just finished reading the thread about Battier which I am very conflicted on but a very good point made there was do we want an older player taking away development time from our youngsters. A case could be made that having a Battier would improve development but what of Wince?... he would be taking up DD's time as well.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              If Wince hasnt reached Hedo level depths he is getting pretty close. Now how could that possibly help. And, I just finished reading the thread about Battier which I am very conflicted on but a very good point made there was do we want an older player taking away development time from our youngsters. A case could be made that having a Battier would improve development but what of Wince?... he would be taking up DD's time as well.
                              orlando seemed to think VC wasnt as good as Hedo....;-) now thats saying something

Comment

Working...
                              X