Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Paul Trade Rumors: The final deal (#133)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    More agent Andy Miller on Knicks exposing Billups to amnesty waiver wire: "....unless it's a team he chooses himself. Buyer beware."

Agent Miller on Billups: "He has no intention of being open-minded about any possible situation where a team would claim him off waivers.."

Just spoke to Andy Miller, agent for Chauncey Billups, who describes his client as "irate" over possibility of Knicks using amnesty on him.

Chauncey is M-A-D!

Comment

Chauncey did not want to leave Denver, but ended up leaving anyways. He can be mad all he wants, but if the Knicks want to move him, he'll be moved.

Comment

The Knicks hailed Amare and Billups as part of the next run for a title and now they're going to stab both of them in the back. Brilliant. That's how to build a strong reputation with the agents.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        If Paul ends up in LAL with the Lakers only giving up Gasol we should all be prepared for the Lakers having Paul, Kobe, and D12..... oh yeah, and Turkoglu!
        I hate the Lakers.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          The Knicks hailed Amare and Billups as part of the next run for a title and now they're going to stab both of them in the back. Brilliant. That's how to build a strong reputation with the agents.

I hate the Lakers.
          Well, in fairness to the Knicks, Amare was a consolation prize and the Knicks wanted Melo not Billups. Not sure the KNicks ever saw Billups as part of their core given his age and decline. I'm not sure I understand the Paul trade. If the Knicks have Chandler, Melo and Amare, well, that's a pretty great core. They are set at the #2. You don't need a great PG to run that team, just someone decent. Still, I get the argument that Paul/Chandler/Melo is better than Chandler/Melo/Amare. Lot more balance.

Everyone hates the Lakers....

Comment

Those dirty Lakers... next target is D12 I assume. Although giving up Odom certainly makes a trade a little more difficult.

The Los Angeles Lakers are nearing an agreement to acquire All-Star point guard Chris Paul in a three-team trade that will cost them Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Lakers are finalizing the trade with the New Orleans Hornets and Houston Rockets. Under the terms of the deal, the Lakers would send Gasol to the Rockets. The Hornets would receive Odom, Rockets guards Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic and forward Luis Scola, league sources said.

“It’s not finalized, but we’re close,” one front-office official involved in the negotiations said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ets_nba_120811
            That is a good deal for the Hornets:

Lamar Odom
            Kevin Martin
            Goran Dragic
            Luis Scola.

I wonder if any draft picks are involved?

*EDIT* Actually, it wouldn't go down as this. The numbers do not work.

*EDIT2* It would work as two separate trades. LAL-NOH, then NOH-HOU with Gasol getting traded twice.
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 8, 2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I've always liked CP3 but now I'll learn to hate him cause he plays on the stankin' Lakers. Please don't follow suit D12...

Comment

The Hornets just got better by trading their all-star. Who knew. Good for them. Scola is tough as nails and very underrated. Okafor and him make a nice front court. Odom can come off the bench or play the 3, Martin is a flat out scorer and Gragic is a nice backup. New Orleans is very solid now.

I see holes in the Lakers. Sure, they now have arguably the best back court in the league, but what about their front court? I can definitely see either Dallas or OKC. (or maybe the Hornets now) coming out of the west. Full marks to Will Demps.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  The Hornets just got better by trading their all-star. Who knew. Good for them. Scola is tough as nails and very underrated. Okafor and him make a nice front court. Odom can come off the bench or play the 3, Martin is a flat out scorer and Gragic is a nice backup. New Orleans is very solid now.

I see holes in the Lakers. Sure, they now have arguably the best back court in the league, but what about their front court? I can definitely see either Dallas or OKC. (or maybe the Hornets now) coming out of the west. Full marks to Will Demps.
                  Don't forget it appears they also got a 1st round pick (Knicks 2012) and a second round pick (not sure from who).

daldridgetnt David Aldridge
                  Source confirms 3 team deal sending Chris Paul to Lakers is done. Gasol to Houston. Odom, Scola, Martin, Dragic, 1st and 2nd to NOH.

Comment

*sorry, meant Dell Demps, not Will Demps. I must have ex-Ravens on the mind.

Comment

I'm interested as to see who the Lakers will try to offer Orlando for D12. I'm thinking the Nets have the inside track.

Comment

The Hornets and Rockets just got on the mediocrity treadmill, in my opinion. They'll both probably make the playoffs, but I don't see what the point is, quite frankly. I thought both Utah and Denver did way better than New Orleans.

And for those wanting to know how you can get a franchise player without going through a rebuild? Do it like the Lakers. Of course, it helps if you're team is located in Los Angeles.

I do find it funny that, after all the talk about wanting to level the playing field, the two biggest names on the block go to New York and L.A. And Miami and the Clippers might have gotten the 2 best non-center free agents.

Some things never change...
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          I'm interested as to see who the Lakers will try to offer Orlando for D12. I'm thinking the Nets have the inside track.
                          They still have Bynum and Artest, er, World Peace!
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Imagine if Orlando agreed to it. You could say that Orlando would only agree to in exchange for World Peace.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Kupchak can go into meetings/ trade discussions with Nets management singing 'all I'm sayin....is give Peace a chance!!!!!'

Comment

Haha good job guys! Well played...

Comment

Working...
                                X