Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Paul Trade Rumors: The final deal (#133)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really surprised the Lakers included Odom - and that the Hornets wanted him.

They could have taken on D12 and Turk with Bynum and Odom. Odom is a player option for '12-13 so the Magic would have been out from Turk's contract. It is not as straightforward now.

Comment

I hate the Lakers. Teams seem to trip over each other to give them stars in their Prime.

Comment

The Hornets must be sending something else out... I was thinking Ariza but Larry Coon is wondering if Okafor is headed to LAL.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          The Hornets must be sending something else out... I was thinking Ariza but Larry Coon is wondering if Okafor is headed to LAL.
          Wow. The trade doesn't look as rosy anymore. However, I guess with all that salary incoming and only giving up Paul, something had to give.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            Haha good job guys! Well played...
            Thanks. I'm here all week.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Trade got cancelled by the rest of the owners hahahha
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Hadn't thought of that. The salaries don't work out at all for the Lakers. They have $27.5 million going out and $16 million coming in.

Of course, I just read this on Hoopshype:

Adrian Wojnarowski: NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports. Twitter
                Can they do that?
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Trade got cancelled by the rest of the owners hahahha
                  Juuuuust beat me to it.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Hadn't thought of that. The salaries don't work out at all for the Lakers. They have $27.5 million going out and $16 million coming in.

Of course, I just read this on Hoopshype:

Can they do that?
                    The NBA owns the Hornets. The owners pay the NBA. Of course they can.

Remember that the Hornets have been on sale now for a while and this franchise would be worth a lot less without Paul.

Comment

The NBA became a circus show

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                        The NBA owns the Hornets. The owners pay the NBA. Of course they can.

Remember that the Hornets have been on sale now for a while and this franchise would be worth a lot less without Paul.
                        I think they can do it to any trade no matter who's involved. The Owners collectively are Stern's boss.

Comment

sheridanhoops Chris Sheridan
                          I'm told there is a school of thought in informed circles that Stern vetoed C.Paul trade because a D.Howard-to-LA trade was coming up next.

I was thinking this very same thing when I found out about the nixed deal. Personally, I have no problem with either trade. The Lakers had the assets to do such a trade, that is good management on their part. The Hornets were getting a very good deal especially considering the second first round draft pick in 2012. The Rockets acquisition of Gasol is questionable but not objectionable.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                            I disagree. You think anyone wants to buy the Hornets with a Disgruntled SuperStar on the roster?
                            No one wants to deal with that. Especially an incumbent owner not wanting to be 'the guy who traded Chris Paul'.

Comment

Fully agree with Doug on this one. Stern looks like a complete tool after this.

This was not Ted Steptien, this was, on its face, as good a deal as was out there.

That aside, and you can even debate if a gutted Lakers team would have been any better, the totality of the ridiculousness of the situation is what’s most troubling.

The league, of course, owns the Hornets, a scary and stupid proposition to begin with because situations like this could arise.

Anyway … the biggest loser seems to be David Stern, who looks a bit like an ineffectual puppet to a new group of aggressive owners who will whine and complain until they get their way.

What happens now is anyone’s guess. There are conflicting reports on whether or not Paul will report when camp opens today, Gasol and Scola and the others are in limbo and the league’s a joke, a punchline, a comedy, just when it needs to be most forward-looking, more apologetic, most thankful that fans seem interested after being screwed around all summer.

Kinda sucks, doesn’t it?
                              Doug Smith Blog

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I think they can do it to any trade no matter who's involved. The Owners collectively are Stern's boss.
                                This is ridiculous in my opinion. I really don't think they can do it to ANY trade.
                                At some point you have to allow the General Managers to make trades without fearing it will just get nixed by jealous owners like Dan Gilbert (the one who bitched to Stern)

Why wouldn't they have done it with Pau going to the Lakers? That was far more of a one sided deal.
                                Or Carmelo going to New York?

The NBA looks like a complete joke after this.

Comment

Working...
                                X