Thread: 2011-2012 Toronto Raptors Season Schedule

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011-2012 Toronto Raptors Season Schedule

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...oronto-raptors

Remember the days we used to be able to pick out some sure wins? I don't have that feeling anymore, even though we open up at Cleveland.

Take look at Jan 6-14, 6 games in 8 days and it's basically home-away-home-away-home-home-away. That's a little silly if you ask me but what do I care, I'm not actually playing.

They only get one of those back-to-back-to-back swings as well, Jan 9,10,11 which isn't that bad.

All in all it looks pretty crammed and I expect to see a lot of sloppy play as well as blowouts this season for the entire NBA schedule as a whole. We'll see who actually put in the work on their time off!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

around 25 wins or more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    around 25 wins or more
    lol Did you take your crazy pills again today? They had 18 in 82 last year, you think 25 in 66 this year? I love the optimism but that's going out there... I think 15-20 sounds about right.

Post Thanks / Like

they had 22 last year... and your calling me crazy. 25 wins is nothing in a 66 game season thats pretty reasonable.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

First Sunday home game...February 12th vs. the Lakers. In fact...only four Sunday home games all season.

There goes the 1pm start time advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    they had 22 last year... and your calling me crazy. 25 wins is nothing in a 66 game season thats pretty reasonable.
    My mistake I don't know where I got 18 from. You're still going up 3+ wins in 16 less games. The East is getting a whole lot better as well...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Atleast our 3 game 3 day stretch is against reasonably sub-par teams. Washington, Minnesota and Sacramento. Could pull off atleast one win.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with 25 wins and 41 losses as well. I don't think 3 more wins is a stretch. Ya ya the East is better but even still our players are one more year mature than last and one more year experienced than last.

Post Thanks / Like

with an improved defense and DeMar we'll win 25 easy

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

they should reduce the schedule down to 50 games 66 is too much

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh you silly optimists. Obviously it's a bit premature without the rosters set and a lot of movement to come, but put me down for 19 wins with the rosters as they are.

Gonna be interesting to see if any opinions change once some of last year's bottom feeders are forced to spend to meet the minimum salary requirements.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    Oh you silly optimists. Obviously it's a bit premature without the rosters set and a lot of movement to come, but put me down for 19 wins with the rosters as they are.

Gonna be interesting to see if any opinions change once some of last year's bottom feeders are forced to spend to meet the minimum salary requirements.
    +1

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 14 games vs. legit title contenders.

You know what that means....0-66

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

...end of march could really kill some spirits...@knicks,chicago,knicks,@chicago,Denver, Miami....ouch...

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Our guard rotation is a legit 4 deep, with Jose, Demar, Barbosa and Bayless ... can absorb some back-to-backs
    Big rotation with Bargnani, Ed, Amir, a vet (heard Jamal Magloire for spot minutes) and Alabi is a bit weak at C, but ok.
    James Johnson needs some company at the SF spot, but i'm sure we'll add some pieces to give him rest ...

I think we're gonna have an improved season, and I think we are a step above CLE, CHA, DET, UTA and even SAC - and that we're close to level field with teams like WAS, PHO, NOH, MIN, MIL ... I think we'll win some games.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what season would be complete without a five game west coast swing? That right there my friends separates the those bad enough to get a high lotto pick from the rest of the pack.

They play the Cavs three times? Wow, those games should be nail biters.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Our guard rotation is a legit 4 deep, with Jose, Demar, Barbosa and Bayless ... can absorb some back-to-backs
    With the inevitable Calderon hamstring injury, and the eventual trade of Barbosa's expiring contract, we're actually pretty thin in the backcourt

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    With the inevitable Calderon hamstring injury, and the eventual trade of Barbosa's expiring contract, we're actually pretty thin in the backcourt
    Agreed, some more guard depth (hopefully that of a veteran) would be a wise move.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

The unbalanced compacted schedule will present tons of challenges, particularly for older more experienced teams. You can look at what some of the contending teams might be facing in their respective schedules and have a look and listen as to what some think about the respective chances of contenders.

From a Toronto perspective, all I can say is, it's a good thing I work with good people on the broadcast crew, because I'm going to be spending hefty amounts of time with them on the road. The Raptors have 17 of their first 26 games on the road. In a nutshell, more than half the road contests will be knocked off the schedule in 43 days which is less than a month and a half into a four month season. It's a far cry from the original schedule which was quite favourable with 15 sets of back-to-backs and no road trip longer than four games.

There is only one set of back-to-back-to-backs for Toronto and that comes when their legs may be relatively fresh early in the season. The Raptors play at home to Minnesota on January 9th, travel to Washington and then return home to finish up the set on January 11th against Sacramento. In all, Toronto will play 20 sets of back-to-backs and will set a franchise record when they will play 19 games in 31 days during the month of January.

My family might think the lockout is back on in February when the Raptors will be at home for 14 days from February 8-22 with a seven-game home stand leading up to the All-Star Break.

Commissioner David Stern wrote this letter to the fans to try and help win them back but there will be some places where fans will still be disappointed. You know it had to happen with the scheduled shaved to 66 games but like roulette, you were hoping the ball hit your number. For Raptor fans the key number is six. As in six teams that Toronto fans will not see at the ACC this season. New Orleans (with or without Chris Paul), Phoenix (no Steve Nash for you), Utah, Oklahoma City with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and crew, the Los Angeles Clippers (Blake Griffin et al), and the defending NBA Champion Dallas Mavericks will not make an appearance in Toronto.

Hey I suppose it could be worse where fans in Sacramento won't see Miami or places like Memphis or San Antonio where those fans will not get to hiss at the Heat or boo Boston this season. Phoenix fans could be particularly sour as well they won't get a visit from Miami, Boston, Chicago, New York or Orlando.

Training camp is a couple of days away and the free agent period is going to be particularly crazy. You'll hear it more than once this season so just hang on to your hat as the season is going to be a blur.
    Source: Sportsnet.ca

Thread Information