Adidas Drops Arenas As Endorser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adidas Drops Arenas As Endorser

And rightfully so .... good on ya Adidas.

Athletic company Adidas said Friday it was dumping longtime endorser Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards following his guilty plea on felony gun charges in Washington, D.C.

The move demonstrates the short fuse that Madison Avenue now has with wayward athletic endorsers. Golf superstar Tiger Woods has been dropped by two corporate sponsors, AT&T and Accenture, following recent allegations of his alleged extramarital affairs with multiple women.
    Source - Click here

Won't be long before hes has to live in his car now.
    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

How the mighty have fallen. 111 Million dollar contract one day, prison the next.

Comment

Is anyone surprised by this. Especially after Tiger got dumped by 99% of his sponsors for just cheating on his wife. The funny thing about this whole Arenas situation is that the only way the Wizards had any hope of getting out of his contract is if he was convicted of a felony, and sure enough he pleads guilty to a felony. Seems kinda suspicious to me. How come Crittendon isn't charged as well? maybe cause crittendon isn't owed 100+million.
        limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

This kinda makes me wish Andres Nocioni got caught with a gun. :| lol

Also - still trying to figure out how Critt gets away with nothing more than a slap on his wrist in this situation when it's pretty clear he was just as involved.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
            How the mighty have fallen. 111 Million dollar contract one day, prison the next.
            He's not getting jail time. His plea bargain was designed so that he skips jail and the Wiz won't have a strong enough case to void the contract.

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
              Is anyone surprised by this. Especially after Tiger got dumped by 99% of his sponsors for just cheating on his wife. The funny thing about this whole Arenas situation is that the only way the Wizards had any hope of getting out of his contract is if he was convicted of a felony, and sure enough he pleads guilty to a felony. Seems kinda suspicious to me. How come Crittendon isn't charged as well? maybe cause crittendon isn't owed 100+million.
              Apparently, the Wizard's organization went out of their way to help the authorities in the investigation.

Apollo wrote: View Post
              He's not getting jail time. His plea bargain was designed so that he skips jail and the Wiz won't have a strong enough case to void the contract.
              I don't know how accurate the report I seen on tv was last night, but they were saying it's possible that Arenas will get around 30 days jail time.

Comment

Swish! lol

This whole fiasco has pretty much ruined any HOF chances he had.
                RR OG

Comment

Working...
                X