Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaal Magloire. We're signing him to a 1 year deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaal Magloire. We're signing him to a 1 year deal.

@TSN1050Radio wrote:
    Breaking News: Jamaal Magloire has agreed to a 1-year contract with #Raptors
    http://twitter.com/#!/TSN1050Radio/s...18189756710912

ugghhhhhh
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Not bad at all... we get a decent center for 1 year.

http://www.rantsports.com/toronto-ra...maal-magloire/

Comment

Thesachman wrote: View Post
        Not bad at all... we get a decent center for 1 year.

http://www.rantsports.com/toronto-ra...maal-magloire/
        I thought the story said we signed Jamaal Magloire?

Comment

Great move, hopefully BC takes this route, and goes with serviceable vets as opposed to blowing all of our money on Chandler or Nene. Staying on path to rebuild. Magloire is a vet and a hometown boy, will play a lil d, and bring a lil leadership to the table. Good signing stay on this path BC!

Comment

I know it's Magloire, but still think this is a good move. It means that we're not going to burn a whole pile of cash for one of the available bigs. I like that. I want the Raps to take their time and see what they got at the start of this season.

Comment

Works for me.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Some people are looking at this the wrong way. It's not the fact that we signed Magloire, it's the direction it shows us going in through free agency. And who cares, its for the vet minimum. It's not like we spent 2-million on him or anything like that.

Comment

Shane battier is next
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Via National Post :
                    Bryan Colangelo said on Wednesday that he would be looking to bring in a third point guard, a small forward and two big men, preferably all on one-year contracts.

I think that says it all, don't expect the sexy signings, BC is staying the course and at this point is just filling out roster spots without any expensive long-term commitments. Jamaal Magloire fits the category, and is a serviceable player. Expect more signings of that ilk.

Comment

I have no problem with this signing.

But what I find amusing is that all that summertime talk of desperately needing to acquire a defensive center has completely evaporated. Gotta love Bargnani-protecting lip service, lol.

[Colangelo]: "No, no, it wasn't Bargnani's fault we couldn't protect the paint, it was because we don't have a defensive center"

6 months later...

[Colangelo]: "We will not be acquiring a defensive center"

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        ugghhhhhh
                        I'm with you on this one. This signing won't matter a bit as his game has tapered off over the last 5 years. I hate to say this but this is more of a marketing move that clogs the front court, puts Bargs at the four position (unless he stays at C with Magloire backing him up) and displaces Amir. I dunno. Unless we just ship Amir out of town while he still has value.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I have no problem with this signing.

But what I find amusing is that all that summertime talk of desperately needing to acquire a defensive center has completely evaporated. Gotta love Bargnani-protecting lip service, lol.

[Colangelo]: "No, no, it wasn't Bargnani's fault we couldn't protect the paint, it was because we don't have a defensive center"

6 months later...

[Colangelo]: "We will not be acquiring a defensive center"
                          You may be right.

Or it could be that ED has bulked enough to play some C and they are going to give Alabi a shot as well.

Comment

yeah, no problem with this. magloire sucks, and has for some time, but that's a good thing. he won't be stealing time away from the youngsters, he's a 10 mpg stop-gap, and won't help them win those extra half-dozen games that would hurt their lottery chances.
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Jamaal Magloire is a RAPTOR

You heard it here first

Comment

Working...
                              X