Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaal Magloire. We're signing him to a 1 year deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the young Raptors need someone to make them feel warm and fuzzy all over why don't they save some $$$ and hire a someone like.......

Comment

Buschfire wrote: View Post
      I'd like to see Shane Battier here too...
      He's signing with Miami.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        Not last year, he wasn't. Not even close.
        It's a running joke... They're both Crap.

But even still, "Not even close"? Really? Lol

Comment

if BC is keeping the cap flexabilty for next years FA class ok..... but he must be insane if he thinks any of the big names will sign with us....more then half the league is trying to clear cap space...

id be ok with magoire 8 yers ago

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            if BC is keeping the cap flexabilty for next years FA class ok..... but he must be insane if he thinks any of the big names will sign with us....more then half the league is trying to clear cap space...

id be ok with magoire 8 yers ago
            Cap space is for more than free agents.

Having cap space allows trades to happen without having to worry about 125% plus $100k or 150%/100% plus $5M.

Comment

Let us not forget the time he led the Eastern All-Stars in scoring. Yes, that actually happened!

I'm totally good with this signing. It actually makes the Raps a little tougher and will prob amount to an extra 0 wins this year.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Cap space is for more than free agents.

Having cap space allows trades to happen without having to worry about 125% plus $100k or 150%/100% plus $5M.
                it just sems to me like BC thinks hes getting in on the big FA's of 2012..why else would he be holding onto the cap space...id love to believe we could land a CP3,Dwill,Dhoward, but its not going to happen...i hope BC has something else in mind. or were going to be picking scraps up next year too

Comment

it just sems to me like BC thinks hes getting in on the big FA's of 2012..why else would he be holding onto the cap space...id love to believe we could land a CP3,Dwill,Dhoward, but its not going to happen...i hope BC has something else in mind. or were going to be picking scraps up next year too
                  Well I would be very disappointed if BC didn't at least try and get in on CP3 and D12 to be honest.

If he just said "Well I work for Toronto, and they'll never get Howard, so whats the point in trying" I'd be ready to fire him.
                  I'd say our chances are just as high as any of the bottom feeders with Cap Space.

Comment

Clearly your comment is your opinion and I do not mean to question your opinion.

I'm sure he has a free agent or two on his mind - he said as much yesterday in the press conference.

But I think the real possibility is he has a player or two on his mind via a trade. He continuously harps on financial flexibility which in my mind opens many more scenarios than free agents.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      It's a running joke... They're both Crap.

But even still, "Not even close"? Really? Lol
                      Yes, I see your point but statistically Magloire had a brutal year last year. 13 fg in 18 games. He did have 61 rebounds but 18 of them were in one game against the Raptors (I read that in this thread).

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Yes, I see your point but statistically Magloire had a brutal year last year. 13 fg in 18 games. He did have 61 rebounds but 18 of them were in one game against the Raptors (I read that in this thread).
                        I can see why he didint get many minutes or shots. he played for the HEAT for F*** sakes.

Comment

Who was all the competition in the paint that kept him at 8MPG? That's the point I think stretch is making. Don't expect much.

Comment

Toronto gets an All-Star, defensive center who's only 33. And as we've learned on this board, big men especially are able to contribute until their late 30's. Hell, Charles Oakley didn't even come to Toronto until he was 35.

Playoffs, here we come!!!!
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Magloire is only 33? He looks like one of the lizard people from Skyrim.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                Magloire is only 33? He looks like one of the lizard people from Skyrim.
                                what does that have anything to do with him being 33?

Comment

Working...
                                X