Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade cap space for a lottery pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are going to be many teams gunning for the f/a class next year (with cap space). Considering the content/condition of our team today and that we are not high on anyone's list to come here...get the picks and of course be selective with taking existing contracts (at least on the length).

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
      Arent you supposed to call a doctor if it lasts more than 4?
      Thank you. I knew there was a joke in there somewhere, but couldn't come up with one.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

KingRaptors wrote: View Post
        If the Raptors were not owned by penny-counting nickle-and-diming MLSE then the following would make sense:

Get the draft pick, and bad contract, and if the bad contract is someone who is not worth keeping around then amnesty his ass which should give more cap room to the team than before the trade.
        This is the same penny-pinching owners that signed one of the more expensive GMs, agreed to sign TUrkoglu and trade for Jermaine O'Neal. I've heard this same complaint from some Raptor fans, but never once actually seen any evidence of it.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          The problem is you can't amnesty a contract that was not on your roster prior to July 1st, 2011.
          To amnesty a player, does the contract have to be on your team now or just signed in the old CBA? ie can't you amnesty a player that you traded for as long as long as the contract is not new? Confused on that one.

Comment

Would you trade Ed for another pick? obviously i'd like Ed over Amir but Ed has higher value to other teams plus he has a similar game to JV and i dont see them being able to play together

Comment

Madman wrote: View Post
              Would you trade Ed for another pick? obviously i'd like Ed over Amir but Ed has higher value to other teams plus he has a similar game to JV and i dont see them being able to play together
              only way id trade ed for a pick is if it ment drafting the likes of Anthony Davis.

Comment

I don't understand this at all. Why on earth wouldn't two, good defensive big men be able to play together? Do they both need the ball in the same spot on the floor in order to be effective? Are they both ball dominating scorers? Do they both play the same position and aren't versatile enough to play another?
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  I don't understand this at all. Why on earth wouldn't two, good defensive big men be able to play together? Do they both need the ball in the same spot on the floor in order to be effective? Are they both ball dominating scorers? Do they both play the same position and aren't versatile enough to play another?
                  lol i was thinkin of replying and then i thought "Tim will probably have a better response lets wait"

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    your right, didnt explain what i meant well, by playing together i meant offensively. obviously on defense they would be a beast, offensively though having 2 guys on the floor who pose no offensive threat other than getting offensive rebounds seriously limits what the team would be able to do, thats putting a lot of pressure to score on your wing players especially if one of them is Demar who scores 1 way. The best teams have guys who can score in multiple ways to free up space all over the court

Comment

your right, didnt explain what i meant well, by playing together i meant offensively. obviously on defense they would be a beast, offensively though having 2 guys on the floor who pose no offensive threat other than getting offensive rebounds seriously limits what the team would be able to do, thats putting a lot of pressure to score on your wing players especially if one of them is Demar who scores 1 way. The best teams have guys who can score in multiple ways to free up space all over the court
                      Ed still very young and so is JV. They will have tons of time to develop offensively. In North Carolina Ed was a big low post scoring threat.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Ed still very young and so is JV. They will have tons of time to develop offensively. In North Carolina Ed was a big low post scoring threat.
                        yea thats true, but i really like the possibility of a 2nd 1st round pick, and potentially have a line up of Kabongo/Demar/Jones or Barnes/Bargs/JV

Comment

thats what i was thinkin cept bargnani will most likely be gone

Comment

yea i'd like to think Ed stays and Bargs leaves for a first but i dont see any team really desperate for him that they are willing to give up a 1st in one of the deepest drafts in history, Ed who is a young defensive big could actually entice some teams to pull the trigger, just the reasoning behind my trade of Ed, remember i like the kid

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              lol i was thinkin of replying and then i thought "Tim will probably have a better response lets wait"
                              Why, thank you sir. I'm all verklempt.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

yea i'd like to think Ed stays and Bargs leaves for a first but i dont see any team really desperate for him that they are willing to give up a 1st in one of the deepest drafts in history, Ed who is a young defensive big could actually entice some teams to pull the trigger, just the reasoning behind my trade of Ed, remember i like the kid
                                Funny things can happen on draft night. The Wolves drafted back to back PGs in the top ten not too long ago for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X