Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas Valanciunas Future starting center for the Eastern All-Star team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Valanciunas Future starting center for the Eastern All-Star team.

With CP3 headed to the lakers, and Dwight Howard assumed to be next does this open the Doors for Jonas Valanciunas to become a the future starting Center for the Eastern Allstars??

I think |Jonas could become the best center in the EAST

EDI|T** the chirs paul trade was just ended. owners were freaking out.

In that cas, if dwight is traded to the west coast then can val become the eastern starting center in the allstar ... lol

crazy day to be a basketball fan !
    Last edited by pesterm1; Thu Dec 8, 2011, 10:23 PM.

Starters are decided based on fan votes. That's proven to be flawed because deserving players lose out to lesser players at times.

Comment

I hear Howard wants to go to the Nets.

Comment

As long as Horford is classified as a center, Howard remains in the East (NJ for example), Chandler comes to NY, and Noah still plays for the Bulls then I think Val will have a difficult time getting votes even from the coaches. I wouldn't say its impossible though - but it wouldn't be a sure thing either.

Also Drummond could be a franchise player as well - and if he's drafted in the East, that's another big that Val would have to compete against.

Comment

I see your points. I kinda disagree. I feel like Valanciunas might get the "yao ming" effect where european fans, especially lithuanians vote for valnciunas and he makes a big splash in years. Jonas' game speaks for itsself. when he becomes better then those other players listed above ... maybe not dwight ... he will make it IMO. i have to believe jonas will be better than noah, chandler and horford.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
            I see your points. I kinda disagree. I feel like Valanciunas might get the "yao ming" effect where european fans, especially lithuanians vote for valnciunas and he makes a big splash in years. Jonas' game speaks for itsself. when he becomes better then those other players listed above ... maybe not dwight ... he will make it IMO. i have to believe jonas will be better than noah, chandler and horford.
            I think this discussion is better suited after next season. I am very optimistic about Val but until he plays in the league it is all speculation.

The only problem with the Yao effect is China has well over a billion people and Lithuania has 3 million.

Comment

Most Lithuanian Centers that have played in the NBA have been quite successful. Just pointing that out

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Most Lithuanian Centers that have played in the NBA have been quite successful. Just pointing that out
                I remember Sabonis, no problem, and Big Z. Were there others?

Comment

NBA PLAYERS BORN IN LITHUINA

BTW, you mispelled Valanciunas in the title. someone should really edit that, looks bad.

and yes i'm aware i've mispelt at least 3 words in this post.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                  X