Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTPP sells MLSE (37.5% Bell, 37.5% Rogers, 25% Tanenbaum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels...lol...one of my alltime fav funny movies.

Hope they dont get into the beer business and sell us the suds at even more inflated prices.

Comment

hey man, everyone that works for leafs, raptors, etc. are all ruprets and we're the idiots that get scammed.
      Last edited by LBF; Fri Dec 9, 2011, 08:57 PM.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Actually it's 1.32 billion and 75% shares...

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca...hub=OttawaHome

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...s-and-bce?bn=1

It appears this deal is done pending league approvals.
          The league approved the sale of the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan's ownership interest in the Toronto Raptors to Bell Canada and Rogers Communications.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...2012-13-season

Essentially a tiny footnote in the report on NBA Board of Governors meeting.

I guess congrats are in order to the OTPP membership for making a shit load of money while never winning a thing! Great reward if you can get it!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I guess congrats are in order to the OTPP membership for making a shit load of money while never winning a thing! Great reward if you can get it!
            OTPP were a bunch of leeches, sucking onto the tit of the Raptors without caring about winning other then making sure its own pockets were full. Good riddance!!!

We are moving in a better direction, although I would like to see one owner in charge who gives a crap about winning like Mark Cuban but then again you might end up with a fool tyrant like James Dolan or Dan Gilbert.

Comment

Its funny how these scum bags were trying to put major cap restrictions on internet earlier in the year crying poor but have enough money to buy up all the sports teams in Toronto.

Comment

F Rogers and Bell. The only real owner on this team is Tanenbaum.
                @RavNation

Comment

CRTC approves BCE, Rogers purchase of MLSE

The CRTC did reiterate an earlier ruling it made in 2011 that prohibits companies from offering television programs on an exclusive basis to their mobile or Internet subscribers. Any program broadcast on television must be made available to competitors under fair and commercially reasonable terms.

The Competition Bureau also signed off on the deal in May, but cautioned it would keep a close eye on the outcome for one year and could still bring matters before its tribunal.

The sale has also received approvals from the various sports leagues.

Bell spokeswoman Jacqueline Michelis said the deal would close soon, though she had no specific date.

“We’re happy that the CRTC has approved the MLSE transaction — we’ve now received all required regulatory approvals,” she said.

Deborah Allan, a spokeswoman for the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, said the deal’s closing was imminent.

Toronto Star
                  Update, nothing stopping this now...thank god! Can't be worse than the previous owners

Comment

Working...
                  X