No announcement yet.

Pietrus will NOT be a Raptor afterall: UPDATE: Pietrus bought out by Suns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is all dependent on Pietrus passing a physical. His knee is the main issue. He had surgery in late June or July I believe. I hope it is good to go.

Comment

good acquisition, i guess. i don't really care about him as a player but he'll be good depth i guess. 1 year contract. very nice.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Weems' status might conflict with extending Pietrus. Colangelo might take a wait-and-see approach since there are so many unknowns with J.Johnson, Kleiza, and Weems
        unless one of them plays the 3 and the other plays the 2

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
          JJ was 28th overall in a weak draft that is "basically" a 2nd round pick. Still gotta love this move by colangelo.

16th pick. JJ was 16th in 2009 and he was traded to Toronto for the 28th pick last year
          Last edited by albertan_10; Fri Dec 9, 2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            16th pick
            Good point... 16th in 2009.

Acquired for 28 in 2011.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page.

Comment

Not a done deal

Paul Coro: Pietrus agent Bill McCandless expects a resolution tomorrow on a Suns-Raptors deal that's pending on a physical. "He's feeling 150% better." Twitter
              Still not a done deal.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Still not a done deal.

"He's feeling 150% better."

LOL. What?.... better from minus 250% hurt and depressed?

Is he ready to go full bore? Yes or No.

These agents!!

Comment

oh dear god, honestly who gives a fuck. it's Mickael Fuckin Pietrus!

he has the same name as this singing turtle and is of equal value.

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LOL!!! already love this guy
                    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Pietrus celebrations might have been a bit premature

First, the news.

You might want to hold off on putting those Mickeal Pietrus Raptors jerseys under the Christmas tree.

Every indication I got last night was, after seeing Pietrus and seeing what else was out there, the Raptors might be pulling back a bit and “going in a different direction.”

Not sure why, entirely. Maybe the chance to get a younger Gary Forbes (the details are somewhere in here) came out of the blue; maybe it’s Pietrus’s knee, maybe it’s the money in deal but it’s looking less likely today than it was yesterday.

Like we always say with this team: Nothing’s ever done until it’s done.

Oh, and here’s a name – and this is entirely as an end-of-the-roster guy and, again, contingent on health – that you might want to look up: Rasual Butler. Old guy, likely close to done but affordable a guy who’ll fill a uniform.

Whatever happens, it should happen soon; word overnight was a third PG, a big and a wing no later than Sunday.
                        http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...kend-mail.html

Comment

I'm a bit surprised of the reactions here. I think this guy is made of paper mache and this makes it a good signing? I may be alone on this but his health is super iffy.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            I'm a bit surprised of the reactions here. I think this guy is made of paper mache and this makes it a good signing? I may be alone on this but his health is super iffy.
                            well, i guess it's a good thing that he's on the last year of his easily-affordable deal, and that it didn't really cost the raps much to get him. or, that he may not be coming at all. either way...meh.
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

With the signings of Butler and Gray, the Raptors have 13 bodies under contract.

Pietrus and Forbes would make 15.

Clearly, one of those players is not coming unless the Raptors are not getting that 3rd PG or a trade is in the works.

Comment

No deal

It appears the Toronto Raptors will not be acquiring Phoenix Suns guard Mickael Pietrus, after all.The Raptors are reportedly expected to sign veteran shooting guard Rasual Butler. The 32-year-old spent last season with the Chicago Bulls, averaging 4.7 points and 1.6 rebounds in 47 games.Butler is expected to serve as the backup to young starter DeMar DeRozan at the 2-gard position.Toronto appeared to have a deal in place to acquire Pietrus from the Suns, but it fell through sometime Friday.

Source: HoopsWorld.com

Take with a grain of salt but HoopsWorld.com saying deal fell apart sometime Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X