It is official: Gary Forbes C'MON DOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Done deal: Mavs agree to send Rudy F and Brewer to Denver for future second-rounder, according to sources with knowledge of trade
    If one was to assume, this would have to mean Forbes to Toronto is going to be a done deal now?

But we know what happens one when ass-u-mes.

Comment

Is it just me or was BC way too quick on the signings? On the one hand, he was smart for getting Magloire and Gray right away as there seems to be a premium on backup Cs around the league right now (see Bobcats without a real centre). I feel like there must be more deals to be had if the waiting around was a bit longer. Seems like Forbes can be had now that Fernandez and Brewer might be headed to Denver. I wish we have Brewer at the 3.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Is it just me or was BC way too quick on the signings? On the one hand, he was smart for getting Magloire and Gray right away as there seems to be a premium on backup Cs around the league right now (see Bobcats without a real centre). I feel like there must be more deals to be had if the waiting around was a bit longer. Seems like Forbes can be had now that Fernandez and Brewer might be headed to Denver. I wish we have Brewer at the 3.
        I think it depends on what BC sees in Forbes. He has a knack for finding good players buried on benches.

It would be interesting to know how much Forbes is getting paid as well.

Brewer would be a nice pick up I agree. The only concern might be what his $3.2M salary for next year could do to the 'master plan' for next summer.

Comment

Nah you gotta have the players around for the little practice they get to have. It's not like any of the signings made are going to make us worse or anything.

If coach Casey felt strongly about Brewer I'm sure BC would have gotten him.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Nah you gotta have the players around for the little practice they get to have. It's not like any of the signings made are going to make us worse or anything.

If coach Casey felt strongly about Brewer I'm sure BC would have gotten him.
            True. It is not like Casey would not have any idea what Brewer brings after their 4-5 months together in Dallas.

Comment

nuggetsnews Benjamin Hochman
              As we had in the paper the other day, Forbes isnt comin back to #nuggets - they didn't match 2 yr deal from Toronto
              Eric Smith: Some sources are saying DEN won't match the Forbes offer from TOR. But I'm at the ACC & the #Raptors haven't confirmed anything, pro or con Twitter
              It looks like Forbes may be a Raptor.... possibly.

Comment

Forbesy!
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apparently its official

Looks like he has been signed by the raptors officially.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=164332&spln=1
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    Looks like he has been signed by the raptors officially.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=164332&spln=1
                    The link says the Raps paid double the Denver offer...god I hope BC didnt go crazy...must have seen him at that Panama-Can game.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      The link says the Raps paid double the Denver offer...god I hope BC didnt go crazy...must have seen him at that Panama-Can game.
                      According to HoopsHype.com Denver's qualifying offer was $964k on Forbes. If BC paid $1.8-$1.9M I can live with that. Anything over 2 million though and I shudder.

*This assumes rotoworld is speaking of the qualifying offer - and I hope they are.

Comment

Official: Gary Forbes signed

Via Twitter.com:

raptors Toronto Raptors
                        The #Raptors officially announce the signing of Gary Forbes ( @GForbz3 ): is.gd/7RfOYE #raptorscamp

Welcome, Forbz!

This year I hope you pretend every opposing team is wearing a maple leaf.

Comment

raptors Toronto Raptors
                          Forbes on his road to the NBA: "A road without any obstacles doesn't lead you anywhere." #RaptorsCamp

Forbes may not be considered a veteran (rookie year was last year in DEN) but he certainly has experience.

You think a guy like him is content with a 2 year deal? I don't think so..... or at least I hope not - the last thing I want is another Jamario.

Another guy around who will work his ass off is a very good thing.

Comment

I like the addition of experience in Butler, Carter, Magloire but those 3 are plenty. Nice to have another young "project" player in Forbes for the last roster spot. Young legs that will hopefully stay fresh with the tight schedule. Like many other Raptors he has a lot to prove and will get the chance to do so.

Go, amaze me!

Comment

What are people thinking about this guy's ceiling.

Can't say i've seen much of him, but BC has a history of picking up good 'project' guys. (Amir, Sonny, Bayless, Reggie, etc.)

With the our depth at SF (JJ, Forbes, Kleiza, Butler, Weems(nextyear) ) There will be alot of healthy competition for minutes.

Looks like we are going to have a solid two units with some skill:
                              Bayless, Demar, JJ, Bargs, Amir
                              Calderon, Barbosa, Kleiza, ED, Grey/magloire

and finally a good group of energy guys that can be slotted in,

Antony Carter, Butler, Forbes, possibly alabi....

Either way, I'm not saying the raps are going to be good by any means
                              -but atleast they'll be entertaining. We have so many "fan favourite" type guys its rediculous lol.
                              Last edited by WBG416; Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
                                Reggie Williams has agreed to a two-year deal, $5 million deal with Charlotte, a league source tells Y! Sports.
                                If BC paid more than this for Forbes, I'll be a little disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X