Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chauncey Billups

Just got amnestied.

I think we should have a go at Billups. At this point in his career he probably won't have much to offer beyond being a starter caliber PG but I eventually see him as one of those vets that keep the team together.

Billups said ( I don't have a reference, I read it on hoopshype or something a day or two ago) that he would likely retire if no good situation presents itself. I assume good is chance to win and being wanted, possibly for 2-3 years to finish his career properly. We can't offer that.

Comment

“I’ m tired of being the good guy,” Billups told Yahoo! Sports by phone on Saturday afternoon. “I’m tired of being viewed as the guy. After a while, you just kind of get taken advantage of in these situations. I’ve been known as a leader, and I am a leader, but a leader can be as disruptive as he can be productive, especially when you carry a strong voice and people rally around you. This is about me now. This is about me, and teams should know that right now.”
      Source

Just say no to Chauncey.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Source

Just say no to Chauncey.
        Just saw that too. I agree

Comment

No Chauncey in Hell.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Why the hell would Chauncey want to go to the bottom feeder Raptors, a team that has already traded him once?!

Comment

Even IF he would agree, I really, really, really don't see the point. It would be exactly the type of move that the Raptors would have done in the past 16 years. Signing an over the hill veteran to get a few more wins. They need to start doing the opposite of what they would normally do.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Appreciate the Seinfeld reference. We need more of that on this site

Comment

Working...
                X